1. Delhi High Court’s divisional bench puts stay on Justice Midha’s order.
- Delhi High Court’s divisional bench puts stay on Justice Midha’s order, which upheld interim award of Singapore International Arbitration Centre’s (SIAC) Emergency Arbitrator.
- The division bench stayed the attachment of assets of the promoters and directors of Future Group.
- Amazon has said that it will move to Supreme Court to get Justice Midha’s order implemented.
- In its interim award, SIAC has earlier ruled against Rs 25,000-crore asset sale between Future Retail and Reliance.
Topic: Indian Polity
2. Government notified new rule and said that Aadhaar is not mandatory for pensioners to get Jeevan Pramaan.
- Government notified the new rule and said that Aadhaar is not mandatory for pensioners to get Jeevan Pramaan.
- Jeevan Pramaan is a digital life certificate, which pensioners require to collect their pensions.
- Government has also said that Aadhaar verification is not mandatory for government’s instant messaging solution Sandes.
- Government has also made Aadhaar verification voluntary for its attendance management at public offices.
- Sandes was released for the first time in August 2020. It was earlier known as s Government Instant Messaging System (GIMS).
3. The construction work on craft handloom villages started in five states.
- The construction work on craft handloom villages started on important tourist circuits across five states.
- The names of villages are Mohapara (Assam), Kullu (Himachal Pradesh), Srinagar (J&K), Kollam (Kerala) and Rampur, Bodhgaya (Bihar).
- Textile ministry is also working on setting up of Design Resource Centres to help weavers, exporters, manufacturers and designers in creating new designs.
- Seven DRCs have been set up in Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Varanasi, Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar and Mumbai. A DRC is being set up in Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu.
Topic: Government Scheme and Initiatives
4. National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development Bill 2021 introduced by Finance Minister in Lok Sabha.
- National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development Bill 2021 was introduced by Finance Minister in Lok Sabha.
- The bill will allow the government to set up a Development Finance Institution to fund infrastructure projects.
- Setting up of Development Finance Institution was recently approved by Union Cabinet.
- Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill-2021 was also passed by Rajya Sabha. It joins seven castes in Tamil Nadu under one nomenclature of Devendrakula Vellalars.
5. India and Pakistan officials to meet in New Delhi and discuss several issues.
- India and Pakistan officials to meet in New Delhi and discuss issues such as design of the Pakal Dul and Lower Kalnai hydro electricity projects in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The meeting will be held between eight member delegation from Islamabad and Indian officials at the 116th Permanent Indus Commission.
- Last meeting of Permanent Indus Commission was held in 2018. Pakistan raised objections over the design of Pakal Dul and Lower Kalnai hydroelectricity projects.
- As per Indus Water Treaty of 1960, India controls Beas, Sutlej and Ravi and Pakistan controls Indus, Chenab and Jhelum.
- Two new run-of-river hydroelectric plants — Durbuk Shyok and Nimu-Chilling in Ladakh.
Topic: Indian Economy
6. Indian technical textile market in Asia Pacific to grow at 7.6%.
- Indian technical textile market in Asia Pacific to grow at 7.6% from $ 14 billion in 2020 to $ 23.3 billion in 2027.
- As per the report released by KPMG-FICCI, the domestic technical market will grow from $ 7.1 billion in 2020 to reach $11.6% billion by 2027.
- The growth of Indian technical textiles industry is being supported by the government through various initiatives.
- In September 2020, government launched National Technical Textiles Mission for a period of four years from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
Topic: Indian Economy
7. Engineering goods export record 5% decline in February 2021.
- Engineering goods export has recorded a 5% decline to $6.5 billion in February 2021.
- They have shown a growth of 14.46% in January 2021. The decline in exports is due to a decline in shipments to US.
- The export of Items from China has continued to rise. Overall engineering exports declined 8.16% in April-February 2020-21 to $64.27 billion.
- USA is the topmost destination for India’s engineering products. China is the second largest importer of engineering products from India.