1. NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
- NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 will be organized at IMT Manesar from 27th-29th November 2019.
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) will be hosting the event in association with SAE India, NATRiP, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and others.
- The event will provide a platform for technology experts, innovators, researchers, scientists, engineers, etc. from all over the world to share their experiences and learnings through expositions, demos and discussions.
- There will be demonstrations in 5 technology areas, viz. Autonomous Vehicles, Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles, Students Demos, Connected Vehicles and E-mobility.
- Theme- “Smart & Green Mobility”
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT): It is a testing, certification and R&D service provider for automotive and non-automotive industry. It was formed in 2006 at Manesar, Haryana. It works under the aegis of National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRiP).
2. 5th edition of India-Europe 29 Business Forum held in New Delhi
- The 5th edition of India-Europe 29 Business Forum was held in New Delhi from 20-21 November 2019.
- Theme- “Seeding Regional Economic Connectivity”
- It was organized by the Central Europe and Economic Diplomacy Divisions of the Ministry of External Affairs in collaboration with the Confederation for Indian Industry (CII).
- The focus of this forum was on various sectors like Artificial Intelligence, IT & ITeS, Pharmaceuticals, Renewable Energy, and Smart Cities.
- 29 European countries including Bulgaria, Greece, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Sweden, etc. participated in the forum.
3. IEA’s World Energy Outlook 2019
- International Energy Agency released the World Energy Outlook 2019 which predicts wide inconsistencies in today’s energy world.
- The report provides three scenarios that can be adopted by the countries in coming years.
- These scenarios are:
- Current Policies Scenario: It shows the path on which the world is moving. If the governments do not make any changes in the existing policies, then the energy demand will rise by 1.3% a year to 2040 which will keep the energy-related emissions graph moving upwards.
- State Policies Scenario: It projects the existing measures and their future consequences. In 2040, most of the people will still remain deprived of electricity and there will be premature deaths due to pollution.
- Sustainable Development Scenario: It tells about what should be done to achieve climate and energy related goals set by the leaders across the world. This scenario is in line with the Paris Climate Agreement that aims to limit the rise in global temperatures to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
- International Energy Agency:
- It is an autonomous intergovernmental organization that was established in 1974 in order to tackle the situations like 1973 oil crisis.
- Members: 30
- Headquarters: Paris, France
4. GeM signs MoU with Delhi government
- Government e Marketplace (GeM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Delhi government.
- Delhi has been among the top buyers on GeM and this MoU will enable seamless procurement.
- Now, 30 States and UTs have signed MoUs with GeM.
- Department of Commerce has set up GeM as a public procurement platform through which direct purchasing, bidding and reverse auction can be done among various buyer organizations and sellers.