45th G7 Summit - Biarritz, France
2019-08-27 | Team PendulumEdu
In 2019, the 45th G7 summit was held on 24–26 August 2019, in Biarritz, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France.
- Core G7 members and
- Guest Invitees, which included Australia, Burkina Faso, Chile, Egypt, India, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, and Spain.
Key Highlights of the Summit:
- The Indian PM was invited as Guest to the Summit.
- Focus on fighting inequalities and protecting biodiversity.
- Discussion on Climate change and global trade.
- Amazon forest fire designated as International Crisis.
- Discussion on Hong Kong protests on anti-extradition bill 2019 and Sino- British Joint Declaration.
- Discussion on Russian Military intervention in Ukraine.
- The 44th summit was held in June 2018 in Canada.
G7 is an international intergovernmental economic organization of the world’s seven advanced economies. Its first meeting was held in 1975 in France where a group of six member countries was formed. In 1976, Canada joined the group after which it became G7. In 1998, Russia formally joined the group resulting in a new group of eight or G8. But, Russia was suspended from the G8 forum on the issue of annexation of Crimea.
Headquarters- Taormina, Italy.
Members- Canada, Japan, Italy, France, Germany, the United States, and the United Kingdom. India is not a member of the G7 group.
From Exam point of view, G7 Summit is very important. The questions related to G7 summit can be asked in exams like SSC CGL, SSC MTS, SSC CHSL, RRB NTPC, RRB GROUP D, IBPS PO MAINS, IBPS SO and many other exams.
National Sports Day 2020 | List of Awardees of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, Arjuna Award and other Sports AwardsRead More