Economic, Banking and Financial Awareness - 09 November 2019
2019-11-09 | Team PendulumEdu
1. SBI reduces deposit rates by up to 75 bps and lending rates by 5 bps
- State Bank of India has reduced the deposit rates between 15 and 75 basis points. Also, it has slashed the lending rates by 5 basis points.
- The decision will be effective from 10th November 2019.
- This is the 7th consecutive cut in the lending rates by SBI during this fiscal year.
- With this move, the one-year Marginal Cost of Funds- based Lending will decline to 8%.
- Current Chairman of SBI – Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters- Mumbai
2. No charges on transaction via NEFT from January 2020: RBI
- Reserve Bank of India has raised a proposal regarding zero charges on NEFT payments from January 2020 to promote digital payments in the country.
- The RBI also proposed that payments for parking fees and at fuel stations would be enabled via FASTags.
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) – It is an electronic payment system that was established by the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT). The fund transfers are settled in half-hourly batches and do not occur on a real-time basis.
- Established- 1935
- RBI Headquarters- Mumbai
- RBI Governor- Shaktikanta Das
3. Sanjay Gupta- Google’s new manager and VP for sales and operations in India
- Former Disney India executive Sanjay Gupta has been appointed as the new manager and Vice-President of sales and operations in India by Google.
- Sanjay Gupta is a post-graduate from IIM Calcutta and an engineer from Delhi College of Engineering.
- Founded in- 1998
- Google CEO- Sundar Pichai
- Parent Organisation- Alphabet Inc.
- Headquarters- California, United States
4. Moody’s downgraded India’s sovereign rating from ‘stable’ to ‘negative’
- Moody’s Investors Service has revised the outlook for key Indian banks, financial institutions and other companies related to infrastructure, oil and gas, IT sectors, etc. from ‘stable’ to ‘negative.’
- Some of these institutions and companies are Infosys, SBI, TCS, HDFC Banks, Bharat Petroleum Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation, ONGC, and Petronet LNG.
- This has led to a decline in share prices of all these companies by up to 5.2%.
- Moody’s Investors Service is a subsidiary of Moody’s Corporation. Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Group are the Big Three credit rating agencies.
- Moody’s Headquarters- 7 World Trade Centre, New York City, US
- Founder- John Moody
5. MSCI added 8 Indian stocks and removed Vodafone Idea and others from India Index
- MSCI (Morgan Stanley Capital International) has added 8 companies to MSCI India Domestic Index, which includes HDFC Asset Management, Info Edge India, IGL, Berger Paints, SBI Life Insurance Co. and Siemens India to India Index.
- It has also removed six companies, including Vodafone Idea, Yes Bank and IndiaBulls Housing Finance, as most of these are debt-burdened companies, and their market value has declined sharply in the last one year.
- MSCI is the world’s biggest index compiler; its Global Standard index is used for benchmarking global equities portfolios.
IBPS CLERK 2019 Notification Released for 12075 vacancies, Check Exam Dates, Exam Pattern and Other DetailsRead More
IBPS PO 2019: Check IBPS PO Cut off 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 for Prelims, Mains, Final and Reserve ListRead More