RRB ALP 2019: HOW TO EXCEL IN PSYCHOMETRY TEST
2019-04-08 | Team PendulumEdu
The Railway Recruitment Board had released the notification for the recruitment of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) 2018-2019 in February 2018. The exam is conducted in 5 phase viz. Computer-Based objective tests- CBT-1 & CBT-2, Computer-based Aptitude Test (CBAT or psychometric test), document verification & medical examination. The RRB ALP CBT-1 was conducted between August 9, 2018, & August 30, 2018. The students who qualified this exam were selected to appear for RRB ALP CBT-2 held on 21st, 22nd &23rd January 2019. The results for these exams were declared on April 6, 2019. According to the merit list & cut off decided by the RRB, selected students will appear for the third phase of the exam that is RRB ALP CBAT (computer-based aptitude test ) or psychometric test.
The RRB ALP 2019 psychometric test will be held on April 16, 2019, as per the notification of RRB, but it was postponed and now the exam is going to happen on the 10th of May, 2019. This test contains questions to check the overall efficiency of the candidate in terms of aptitude, perception, decision making & memory. The candidates who can solve these questions of psychometric test will be considered eligible for the post of ALP. This test is conducted because a candidate must have skills in terms of concentration, mental abilities & memory to serve as Assistant Loco Pilot.
RRB ALP Psychometric test has 5 test batteries. Each test battery has questions of different types like Memory test questions, questions for testing the ability of following directions, questions for testing depth perception, questions for testing power of observation, and questions for testing the strength of speed perception. A minimum T-score of 42 is required to qualify for this exam. The students who qualify this exam will only be considered for preparation of final merit list based on which candidates will be selected for document verification and medical examination.
The candidates must excel in RRB ALP 2019 Psychometric exam to become eligible for further stages of selection for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot. To score good marks in this exam, students must improve their mental abilities. There is no specified syllabus for this exam. Some tips that can help the candidates to give an excellent performance in RRB ALP 2019 Psychometric/ Aptitude test are as follows:
- The practice is the key to excellence.
- Solve as many questions as you can.
- Learn concepts from e-sources.
- Refer to some good books to sharpen your concepts.
- Manage your time, reduce the stress
The candidate should not wait for the results of RRB ALP 2019 CBT-2. Candidates must start preparing for the RRB ALP Psychometric test from now. A daily practice of aptitude based questions will help improving candidates’ memory, perception & concentration. Mental ability develops only through constant practice. So, practice consistently and efficiently.
2. Solve as many questions as you can:
The sample questions of the RRB ALP Psychometric test are given in the form of the pdf file, which also contains guidelines regarding it on the official website of RRB. Follow the following steps to download the pdf file:
- Go to the website www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in
- Select the option of Directorate on the home page.
- Click on Psycho Technical Directorate.
- Download the RRB ALP Psychometric test guidelines.
Don’t forget to solve the mock tests available on pendulumedu.com This test will also help you in solving different types of questions that will be there in the actual exam.
3. Learn the concepts from e-sources:
Multiple videos are available on the internet explaining the idea of questions asked in the psychometric test. Several websites give a detailed explanation of the concepts related to aptitude. Several online institutions also offer paid courses for Psychometric tests and also provide paid test series for psychometric tests. Use the internet to learn the concepts.
4. efer some good books:
Following is the list of some books that you can refer for the preparation of RRB ALP 2019 Psychometric test:
|Book Title||Book Author|
|Railway Recruitment Board Assistant Loco Pilot Psychological/ Aptitude test||B. K. Singh
|Psychological Aptitude test ASM, Assistant Loco Pilot & Motorman exams (with OMR sheets)||Kiran Prakashan|
|Railway Psychological Test||P. K. Mishra
5. Manage your time, reduce stress:
The RRB ALP 2019 Psychometric test is approaching and candidates to have very little time for the preparation. The results of CBT-2 have been declared on April 6, 2019, & the RRB ALP 2019 Psychometric test is scheduled after the l10 days of result declaration of CBT-2. So, it is advisable to start the preparation from now. Candidates must not waste their time and prepare a schedule for the preparation. Following points should be kept in mind:
- The concepts should be cleared.
- The maximum number of practice questions must be solved every day.
- Consistency of preparation will lead to excellence in the exam.
- The candidate must solve the questions with concentration.
- Mistakes should be kept in mind, and attempts should be made to avoid these mistakes.
- Stress will only waste your time. So, get up & start practicing.
One important suggestion is to relax before the exam. Don’t take too much stress, as this is a psychometric test.
Tips that could be useful while giving the examination
- Read the instructions on the Admit Card and follow them accordingly to avoid any problem at the exam centre.
- Don't forget to take the necessary documents (mentioned in the admit card) along with the admit card to the exam center.
- Reach the exam centre at the time mentioned in the admit card.
- Attempt the exam with a peaceful mind.
- Read the instructions of the test batteries carefully.
- Concentrate while solving the questions
- Don't be stressful if you cannot answer a question. Go for the next one and solve the difficult question at the end.
- Be careful while selecting the answers.
- Keep a watch on time during the exam. Don’t take more time than required to solve a question. Distribute the time equally for all the sets of questions.
Hope this article helped you in your queries regarding the RRB ALP exam!
Visit PendulumEdu to get regular updates regarding government exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, RRB JE, RRB NTPC, NABARD Grade B, RBI Grade B, UPSC, and all government exams.