DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS - 07 November 2019
2019-11-07 | Team PendulumEdu
1. Global Investors’ meet at Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the meet today at Dharamshala( district- Kangra, Himachal Pradesh)
- Along with PM Narendra Modi, top entrepreneurs of India and foreign investors will attend the meet.
- A large business delegation from the UAE and diplomats from 16 other countries will attend the 2-day meet.
- This meet will channelize the vast business potential trapped in the state.
- The state govt. has put a benchmark for signing the agreements worth Rs.85,000 crores during the mega meet.
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh: Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor of Himachal Pradesh: Bandaru Dattatreya
2. 11th edition of Bal Sangam to be organized by National School of Drama (NSD)
- National School of Drama is going to organise a program known as ‘Bal Sangam’ in Delhi from 9th to 12th November.
- This is going to be the 11th edition in which 12 Indian states will participate, including rich cultural states of Punjab, Rajasthan, Odisha, Gujarat, and Assam.
- ‘Bal Sangam’ is a cultural program wherein traditional folk, theatre, and art forms are presented by children advancing from the different Indian States.
- Director-in charge of NSD: Suresh Sharma
3. Alternative Investment Fund to revive stalled housing projects
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced that the Central Govt. has decided to set up an ‘Alternative Investment Fund’ dedicated to reviving stalled housing projects across the country to ensure faster delivery of homes to buyers and also de-stresses the developers.
- The worth of the fund will be Rs 25,000 crores in which Govt. will induce Rs. 10,000 crores while the remaining amount of Rs.15,000 crores will be funded together by SBI and LIC.
- Till date, there are over 1600 stalled housing projects across the country comprising around 4.58 lac housing units.
4. Unique Harmonized System (HS) code for KHADI
- Central Govt. has allocated a separate unique code known as ‘Harmonized System’ for exclusive export of KHADI.
- Export of KHADI comes under the aegis of “Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)”
- This Harmonized System code will ensure reasonable export strategies for KHADI.
- Chairman of KHADI and Village Industries Commission (KVIC): Vinai Kumar Saxena
5. 19th IRIGC-M&MTC meeting under ‘Make-in-India’ initiative
- IRIGC-M&MTC stands for “India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military and Military-Technical Cooperation.”
- The meeting is going to be held in Moscow, Russia, co-chaired by Indian Defence Minister Rajanth Singh and Russian Defence Minister General Sergey Shoigu to intensify the efforts for early conclusion of the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Agreement on Reciprocal Logistics Support.
- This is the 1st time visit of Indian Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh, to Russia.
- The meeting included an in-depth discussion on various international issues of common concern and briefed about Russian operations in Syria.
- The outcomes of the meeting are:
- To operationalize the joint venture named “lndo-Russia Rifles Private Limited” for the manufacturing of world-class Kalashnikov AK 203 rifles in India.
- Russia’s Support to India in the area of counter-terrorism.
- Russia’s commitment to enhance India’s defence capabilities and co-operation in advance & cutting edge technology.
- Russia’s commitment to have robust participation in Tri-Service Indra Exercises (Military Exercises) and in DefExpo 2020 (going to be held at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from 5-8 February).
- Russia’s affirmation to depute an officer for the prestigious National Defence College (NDC) course in New Delhi commencing 2020 to further strengthen the ties of Military Training between two countries.
- Indian Defence Minister has requested to constitute specific working groups for after-sales support of key-defence platforms
6. 19th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) meeting in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Minister of State in the External Affairs Ministry V Muraleedharan will attend the meeting tomorrow.
- Theme: "Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian Ocean”.
- The meeting is chaired by South Africa for a period of 2 years up to the year 2021.
- Significance of Indian Ocean: It is responsible for maritime trade routes for around half of the world’s container ships, one-third of world’s bulk cargo traffic and two-thirds of world’s oil shipments. It is also a region of 2.7 billion people living in countries bordering the Indian Ocean.
- Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA):
- Establishment year: 1997
- Headquarters: Mauritius (Capital: Port Louis)
- The idea was prompted by former South African President Nelson Mandela.
- It is an Intergovernmental Organization of 22 member states.
- It also has 9 dialogue partners (countries outside the Indian Ocean region but seek interests to promote sustainable development of the region)
7. Inauguration of Mathadhis building for Budhanilkantha Naryan Temple in Kathmandu, Nepal
- India’s Ambassador to Nepal, Manjeev Singh Puri, has inaugurated the “Mathadhis building” for Budhanilkantha Narayan Temple in Kathmandu.
- “Mathadhis building” will become the home for several Mathadhis and monks.
- The building is constructed with the monetary grant provided by India for preservation and promotion of the rich religious, cultural and historical heritage of Nepal.
- Budhanilkantha Narayan Temple:
- It is situated at the foothills of Shivpuri in Kathmandu valley, Nepal
- The shrine in the temple is assumed to be the largest stone idol of Lord Vishnu in Nepal which is reclining on a bed of Nagas (serpents) in the middle of a small pond
- The temple is visited by thousands of pilgrims and tourists from India and other parts of the world.
8. BIMSTEC Conclave going to be held in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- The BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative Multi-Sector Technical and Economic Cooperation) Conclave is going to be held on 7-8 November at Vishakhapatnam.
- The host of the Conclave is “Vizag Port Trust” (1st-time host)
- Mansukh L. Mandaviya, the Union Minister of State for Shipping, will inaugurate the Conclave.
- The deliberations of the Conclave will include discussion on increasing productivity, sharing of expertise, ease of doing business, investment opportunities, development of tourism and free trade zones, measures required for safety and security, etc.
- It was founded in the year 1997.
- It is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- It has 7-member nations: Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal, and Bhutan.
9. Screening of Italian movie in the International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
- Italian Movie ‘Despite the Fog’ will be going to be screened on the occasion of the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- Famous European filmmaker Goran Paskaljevic is the director of the film.
- IFFI is going to be held in Goa from 20th November.
- Around 76 countries with 200 films are going to be screened in IFFI.
10. Islamist outfit named “Allah’r Dol” has been banned by Bangladesh
- Bangladesh has banned Islamist outfit “Allah’r Dol” citing the reason for possessing a threat to public safety and security.
- “Allah’r Dol” has become the 9th Islamist group to be banned for extremism and militancy in Bangladesh.
- Allah’r Dol :
- It was formed in 1995 under the leadership of Matin Mehedi alias Mominul Islam.
- In 2004, the outfit was merged with banned militant organization Jama’atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB)
IBPS CLERK 2019 Notification Released for 12075 vacancies, Check Exam Dates, Exam Pattern and Other DetailsRead More
IBPS PO 2019: Check IBPS PO Cut off 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 for Prelims, Mains, Final and Reserve ListRead More