DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS - 06 November 2019
2019-11-06 | Team PendulumEdu
1. Monograph of ‘Excellence of Mridangam’ released by Vice President of India
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu in Chennai unleashed the monograph of ‘Excellence of Mridangam.’
- Mridangam: It is also known as Tannumai (in Tamil) or pakhawaj and is a membranophone instrument (hand drum). It resembles a dholak.
- Mr. Naidu also expressed the significant relationship between Science and Music by incorporating modern science for fabricating musical instruments, which can lead to future researches and developments.
- Monograph: It is an extensive written study material on a particular subject.
- Vice President: M. Venkaiah Naidu
- Tamil Nadu Governor: Bunwarilal Purohit
- Monograph makers: Mridangam exponent Droften collaborates Umayalpuram Sivaraman; scientist Dr. T.Ramasamy and Dr. Naresh.
2. Significance of Sri Ber Sahib Gurudwara in Sultanpur Lodhi, Punjab
- Prahlad Singh Patel, Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, paid homage to Sri Ber Sahib Gurudwara located in the town of Sultanpur Lodhi, in Kapurthala District of Punjab.
- He watched a short film on the teachings of Sri Gurunanak Dev at the local railway station of the town. The Union Culture Ministry has put up exhibitions at 100 places across the country to spread valuable teachings of Sri Gurunanak Dev.
- Significance: Sikh’s 1st guru, Sri Gurunanak Dev, lived for many years in the town of Sultanpur Lodhi and achieved enlighten as well.
- This Gurudwara has a famous Beri Tree (known as Zizyphus jujube), which was sown by Sri Gurunanak Dev himself.
3. Parliamentary speaker's summit of G20 nations
- 6th - Parliamentary speaker’s summit (informally known as P20) was held from 3-5 November in Tokyo, Japan.
- The summit was organized by Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), an international organization (HQ in Geneva) along with the House of Councillors of National Diet of Japan.
- The summit was attended by presiding officers of Parliaments of G20 countries. Wherein from India, Mr. Om Birla (speaker of Lok Sabha), along with delegates, attended the summit.
- G20 is a group that is comprised of finance ministers and central bank governors of the European Union and 19 other nations, including India, the US, China, Russia, etc. as its members.
4. Aditya Mishra- New Chairman of Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI)
- Senior IPS officer Aditya Mishra has been appointed as new Chairman of LPAI for a period of 5 years.
- LPAI is a statutory body established under the Land Ports Authority of India Act, 2010.
- The mandate of Land Ports Authority of India is developing, maintaining and supporting facilities for cross border movement of passengers and goods at the defined locations along the international borders of India.
5. 1st Container cargo will sail via India- Bangladesh Protocol
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has set its 1st Container cargo ship from Haldia Dock Complex (West Bengal).
- This voyage will sail through NW-1 (River Ganga), NW- 97 (Sundarbans), IBP route and NW-2 (River Brahmaputra).
- NW- National waterways and IBP route- India –Bangladesh Protocol route.
- The objective is to improve the connectivity with the North-east Indian States and Bangladesh in spheres of technical and commercial mobility via Inland Waterways.
- Inland Waterways Authority of India is a statutory body under the Ministry of Shipping that was established by the NHAI Act 1985. The headquarters of IWAI is located in Noida, UP.
6. Asian Development Bank to provide loan for Chennai- Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) Project
- ADB has announced to provide 451 million dollars loan (Rs. 3200 Cr.) for improvement of connectivity between southern and northern parts of the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor.
- The total cost of this project which is estimated to be completed by 2024, is 653.5 million dollars (Rs. 46343 Cr.), out of which 31% of the total cost is provided by Indian Govt. and 69% by ADB.
- Significance of CKIC project: It will construct of transmission links from Virudhnagar (southern CKIC) northwards to Coimbatore and Chennai (northern CKIC)
- CKIC project will cover 23 districts of Tamil Nadu out of 32 districts and cater to around 70% of its population.
- Asian Development Bank was established in 1966 and is headquartered in Manila, Philippines.
7. Online Shopping: addictive disorder identified by WHO
- By the year 2024, WHO will identify Online Shopping as an addictive disorder because of the abusive use of digital commerce and hence, faces financial burden.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) and other emerging technologies target effective consumers and prompt them to spend discretionary income which results in debts, mental depressions and bankruptcy in some cases.
8. New compensation norms for employees of Foreign and Private banks
- RBI has issued new guidelines for the employees of Foreign, Private, Small Finance, Payments Banks and Local Area Banks by mandating the variable cash component will be in effect from April 2010.
- According to RBI, if variable pay is up to 200% of fixed pay, then 50% of it should be paid via a non-cash component to the employees.
- Otherwise, if variable pay is greater than 200% of fixed pay, then 67% of it should be paid via a non-cash component to the employees.
- RBI said that banks should continue to make and adopt a comprehensive compensation policy covering all their employees and conduct annual reviews.
9. Guinness Worlds Record by Kolkata Students for Largest Astrophysics Assemble
- On the very 1st day of India International Science Festival 2019, held in Kolkata, India, a Guinness Worlds Record has been made by Kolkata Students by making the largest Astrophysics lesson (45 minutes) and assembly of Spectroscopes.
- India International Science Festival (IISF) is the largest science festival in the world.
- Spectroscope: It is a device used to measure a spectrum of light. It also helps determining the constituents of stars, nebula, sun and other planets.
10. Deepak Kumar secures quota in shooting for Tokyo Olympics, 2020
- Deepak Kumar and Manu Bhaker from Haryana claimed Bronze and Gold medals respectively in 10 meters air pistol shooting in 14th Asian Championship held in Doha, Qatar.
- Deepak Kumar becomes 2nd Indian Shooter to earn 2020 Tokyo Olympics’ quota in the men's 10 meters air rifle event after Divyansh Singh Panwar (who secured it in April).
IBPS CLERK 2019 Notification Released for 12075 vacancies, Check Exam Dates, Exam Pattern and Other DetailsRead More