Which of the given words is an antonym of Reclusive?
2019-08-09 | Abhilash Singh
Explanation: The meaning of the word, “Reclusive” is, “used for someone who avoids the company of other people”.
Let us look at the meaning of the words provided as options to see which word is opposite in meaning to the given word.
- Solitary refers to being the only one, alone.
- Introvert is someone shy or quiet.
- Withdrawn is used for someone who is shy and prefers to be alone.
- Sociable refers to someone willing to talk to and engage with other people.
- Isolated is having minimal contact with others.
From the above meanings, we can see that the words, “solitary”, “introvert”, “withdrawn” and “isolated” are similar in meaning to the given word. The only word, opposite in meaning to “Reclusive” is “Sociable”. Therefore, all the other words can be eliminated.
Hence, D is the correct answer.
This question is asked in various competitive exams including SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC MTS, SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS SO, IBPS RRB, etc. To understand how to solve this kind of question, one needs to regularly practice and keep oneself updated. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills to excel in these exams.