QOTD-GK-Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Objective
2019-06-26 | Team PendulumEdu
Which of the following is not an objective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
A. Reducing Number of child deaths due to unclean cooking fuel
B. Providing Clean fuel to women
C. Empowering women and protecting their health
D. Providing LPG connections to BPL women for Rs. 1800 per connection
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a central government scheme that aims at providing free LPG connections to the adult women belonging to BPL (Below Poverty Line) family with the support of Rs. 1600 per connection.
Objectives of the scheme are:
- Reducing the number of deaths especially child deaths due to respiratory illness caused because of the burning of unclean cooking fuels
- Providing clean fuel to women especially in the rural areas
- Empowering women and protecting their health
The beneficiary will be identified through the Socio-Economic Caste Census Data 2011. The government will also cover the following categories under the scheme:
- All beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Beneficiaries of Antyodaya Anna Yojana
- Forest Dwellers
- Most Backward Classes
- Tea & Ex-Tea Garden Tribes
- People living in Islands
The scheme is an initiative of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
This scheme was launched at Balliya, U.P. on 1st May 2016.
Hence, D is the correct answer.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More
UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key | UPSC 2021 Answer Key Set A, B, C and D and CSAT 2021 Answer KeyRead More