35th Surajkund International Crafts Mela
2022-03-19 | Priyanka Chaudhary
The 35th SurajKund International Crafts Mela 2022 has started at Faridabad after a gap of two years. The Mela is jointly hosted by the Surajkund Mela Authority in collaboration with the Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture, External Affairs, Department of Tourism, Government of Haryana and Haryana Tourism Corporation.
The mela will continue from 19th March to 4th April 2022. More than 20 countries are participating in this mela. The mela will be open for the public from 12:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
Theme State of Surajkund Crafts Mela 2022
At every surjakund mela, a state is selected as theme state which constructs a replica of one of the popular monuments of its state which is displayed at the mela.
Jammu and Kashmir is the theme state of the Surajkund Crafts Mela 2022. It will showcase the rich cultural heritage through art forms and handicrafts.
Replicas of Vaishno Devi temple, Amar Nath temple, Apna Ghar representing architecture from Kashmir, and commemorative gate of Mubarak Mandi -Jammu will be showcased during the mela.
Himachal Pradesh was the theme state of 34th Surajkund Crafts Mela 2020 and Maharashtra was the theme state of 33rd Surajkund Crafts Mela 2019.
Chattisgarh was the theme state of Suraj crafts mela in 2015.
Partner Nation of Surajkund Crafts Mela 2022
Every year a Partner nation is selected for the crafts mela. Uzbekistan is the partner nation of the Surajkund Crafts Mela 2022.
Some of the partner nations/ Focus nations for the previous year editions of surajkund crafts mela are as follows:
- Focus Nation in 23rd Surajkund Crafts Mela 2009- Egypt
- Focus nation in 26th Surajkund Crafts Mela 2012- Thailand
- Focus Nations in the 27th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2013- A group of African Nations
- Focus Nation for 28th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2014- Sri Lanka
- Focus Nation for the 29th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2015- Lebanon
- Focus Nation for 30th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2016- China and Japan
- Partner Nation for 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2018- Kyrgyzstan
- Partner Nation for 33rd Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2019- Thailand
- Partner Nation for 34th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2020- Uzbekistan
About Surajkund Crafts Mela
The mela showcases the richness and diversity of the handicrafts, handlooms and culture of India.
Surajkund Crafts Mela was hosted for the first time in 1987.
It is the largest crafts fair in the world.
In 2013, the fair was upgraded to an international level and was named as 28th Surajkund International Crafts Mela.