Choose the most appropriate option to change the narration (direct / indirect) of the given sentence.
“Please let us submit the files today”, Raunak said.
Correct Answer : a ) Raunak requested to let them submit the files that day.Explanation :
The given sentence is in direct speech; we need to change it to indirect.
- For imperative sentences (which express command, request, suggestion, advice etc.), reporting verb (said) changes to suggested, advised, requested according to the context.
- Here, it is a request, so ‘requested’.
- today (direct) changes to ‘that day’ in indirect.
- Commas and inverted commas are replaced with ‘to + V1/not to + V1 (for negative)’.
- In the given sentence, it is ‘to let’ (to + first form of verb i.e. V1).
- ‘us’ changes to ‘them’ as per the subject ‘Raunak’, who is addressing the whole group.
The indirect form is- ‘Raunak requested to let them submit the files that day.’
Hence, (a) is the correct answer.
Word Of The Day
Noun: A hard rigid usually large covering of an animal.; The outside part of a fruit or seed.; Something like an external structure that resembles a shell.; A casing without substance.; The hard exterior of an egg.; A hard enclosing cover.
Verb: To take out of the shell.; To fall out of the shell.; To cast the external covering.; To gather shells from a beach.
"My mother collected shells at the beach."View More