Which monument is not at Fatehpur Sikri?
Correct Answer : d ) Akbari MahalExplanation :
Fatehpur Sikri is a town with buildings made of red sandstone. It is located 37kms from Agra. The city was built by Mughal Emperor Akbar in honour of Shiekh Salim Chisti. Fatehpur Sikri became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986. Fatehpur Sikri is enclosed by a wall with various gateways. It was built between 1571 and 1585. There are various monuments located in Fatehpur Sikri:
1. Diwan-i-Aam or Hall of Public Audience
2. Diwna-khana-i-Khaas or Hall of Private Audience
3. Turkish Sultana’s house
4. Treasury or Ankh Michauli
5. Daulat Khana-i-Khas or the Emperor’s Private Chamber
6. Jodha Bai Palace
7. Hawa Mahal and Nagina Masjid
8. Jama Masjid
9. Buland Darwaza
10. Tomb of Salim Chisti
11. Ibadat Khana
12. Naubat Khana
13. Panch Mahal
14. Birbal’s house
15. Hiran Minar or Elephant Tower
Hence, option (D) is correct.
This question was asked in GS paper 1 of UKPCS Prelims Exam 2012.