The outermost layer of the earth is mainly composed of __________ and __________.
Correct Answer : c ) Silicon and AluminiumExplanation :
- There are three different layers of the Earth- Crust, Mantle and Core.
- Crust is the outermost layer of the earth and is mainly composed of silicon and aluminum.
- It is made up of solid rocks and minerals. Oxygen constitutes about 46% weight of the Crust, it is followed by the Silicon which constitutes 28% of the Crust weight.
- The crust is divided into plates which float on the mantle.
- Average thickness of the Crust is about 30km.
- It comprises less than 1% volume of the Earth.
Hence, option (C) is correct.
Questions related to Geography are asked in various competitive exams like State PCS, UPSC CDS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB NTPC, UP SI, IB ACIO, etc.
Read Daily Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Hindi Current Affairs, Word of the Day, Study Material for GK, Study Material for Quant and attempt free mock tests at PendulumEdu and boost your preparation for the actual exam.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More
UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key | UPSC 2021 Answer Key Set A, B, C and D and CSAT 2021 Answer KeyRead More