The Pittsburgh of India is-
Correct Answer : d ) JamshedpurExplanation :
Jamshedpur is known as Pittsburgh of India or Steel City of India as it has both mineral and water resources just like the Steel City of the World, Pittsburgh. Jamshedpur is the first steel city of India that was founded by Jamsetji Tata. He hired an engineer from Pittsburgh to design Jamshedpur.
Some other nicknames of Indian cities are as follows:
- Jaipur- Pink City
- Udaipur- City of Lakes
- Bhagalpur- Silk City of India
- Ahmedabad- Manchester of India, Boston of India
- Surat- Diamond City
- Lucknow- City of Nawabs
- Kanpur- Leather city
- Bengaluru- Silicon Valley of India
- Mangalore- Rome of the East
- Coorg- Scotland of India
- Kolkata- City of Palaces, City of Joy
- Hyderabad- City of Pearls
- Kochi- Queen of Arabian Sea
- Calicut- City of Spices
- Chennai- Gateway of South
Hence, option (d) is correct.
This question was asked in GS paper of UKPCS Upper Subordinate Prelims Exam 2022.