Which of the following statement is correct regarding the new population policy of Uttar Pradesh?
I. The provision of this legislation shall apply to a married couple where both the couple should not be less than the age of 18.
II. Those who will follow population control norms and have two or less children will get benefits of promotions, increments, and concessions in housing schemes, and other perks.
Which of the code is correct?
Correct Answer : b ) II onlyExplanation :
On the occasion of World Population Day, Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, has declared a new population policy for 2021-2030. This new population policy will provide incentives to those who contribute to population control.
The main provisions of the UP government's move to control the population of the state are as follows:
- The new population policy has been announced under the Family Planning Programme that contraceptive measures and will give a safe and proper system for abortion.
- The aim of the new population policy is to lower the maternal mortality rate and reduce the birth rate of new-born child.
- Those who will follow population control norms and have two or fewer children will get benefits of promotions, increments, and concessions in housing schemes, and other perks.
- According to the state government, a government official who follows the new norms will get two additional increments during the entire service. In case of maternity or paternity leave, both will get 12 months leave with full salary, and will get the benefit of three percent increase in the employer's contribution fund under the National Pension Scheme.
- Those who are not government officials, and follow the new policy norms will get rebates in taxes on water, housing, home loans, etc.
- Under the new policy, any parent of a child who chooses vasectomy will get free medical facilities till the age of 20 for his child.
- To implement all the policy norms, a State Population Fund will be set up in the state. Under the new policy bill, a compulsory subject on population control will be introduced in every secondary school.
- This law would be applicable to married couples where the boy's age should not be less than 21 years and the age of the girl should not be less than 18 years.
- The draft bill has been prepared by the UP law commission and the provisions of the bill are voluntary and will not be enforced upon anybody.
Hence, option (b) is correct.