According to the Crime in India 2019 report, which state has topped in terms of the highest number of crimes against STs?
Correct Answer : c ) Madhya PradeshExplanation :
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) has released the annual Crime in India 2019 report. The report is being published since 1953. This year it is the 67th edition of this report.
- Highlights of the Report:
- There has been an increase in crime against Scheduled Castes (over 7%) and Scheduled Tribes (over 26%) in 2019 compared to 2018.
- Uttar Pradesh has topped in terms of the highest number of crimes against SCs, followed by Rajasthan and Bihar.
- Madhya Pradesh topped in terms of the highest number of crimes against STs, followed by Rajasthan and Odisha.
- Annual Reports published by NCRB:
- Crime In India
- Accidental Deaths & Suicides in India
- Prison Statistics in India
Hence, (c) is the correct answer.
Questions related to Reports and Indices are generally asked in exams like UPSC CSE, State PCS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS PO, SBI PO, RRB NTPC, NDA, CDS, etc.
Read Daily Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Hindi Current Affairs, Word of the Day, Study Material for GK, Study Material for Quant and attempt free mock tests at PendulumEdu and boost your preparation for the actual exam.
SSC Online Coaching | SSC CGL Online Classes | SSC CHSL Online Coaching | SSC CPO Coaching Classes | SSC MTS Classes OnlineRead More