IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019, Check Your Eligibility Here!
2019-08-06 | Team PendulumEdu
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced 4336 vacancies for IBPS PO 2019 in the IBPS PO 2019 notification released on 2 August 2019. Approximately 10 lakh candidates will apply for IBPS PO 2019. Before starting the application process of IBPS PO 2019, one should check the IBPS PO eligibility criteria. The candidates willing to apply for the IBPS PO Examination should fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to be eligible for IBPS PO 2019 application.
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria for Nationality:
To be eligible for IBPS PO 2019 Application form, A candidate should be:
- Citizen of India OR
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan OR
- A Tibetan Refugee, migrated to India before 01st January 1962, intending to settle in India permanently OR
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to settle in India permanently.
For categories (ii), (iii) and (iv), the person applying should have a certificate of eligibility issued to them by the Government of India in their favour.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria for Age (As on 01st August 2019)
- The age of the candidate should be between 20 years to 30 years. The candidate must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1989 and not later than 01st August 1999, with both dates inclusive.
Age Upper Limit Relaxation
Age relaxation for IBPS PO Application Process
Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
Persons with Benchmark Disability
Ex-Servicemen who have successfully rendered 5 years of Military Service and have been released post completion of assignment
Persons who settled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period, 01st January 1980 to 31st December 1989
1984 Riot Victims
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria of Educational Qualification
To be eligible for the IBPS PO Application process, a candidate is required to have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a Government recognised University or an equivalent qualification as recognised by the Central Government of India.
Important Points regarding Educational Qualification requirements for IBPS PO:
- The degree must be government recognised.
- Proof, i.e., a valid document, of the declaration of result on or before, 28th August 2019 should be submitted at the time of the interview. Failure in submitting results can lead to the cancellation of candidature.
- The CGPA/OGPA should be converted to a percentage and corrected to two decimal places before mentioning them in the application.
Reservations for People with Benchmark Disability in IBPS PO 2019.
As per the definition mentioned in, “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, “person with benchmark disability” means a person with not less than forty per cent. of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with a disability where specified disability has been described in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority;
As per Section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disability are entitled to reservation. The following five categories, as mentioned in the Act, are eligible for a reservation:
- Blindness and low vision;
- Deaf and hard of hearing;
- Locomotor disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid-attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy;
- Autism, Intellectual Disability, Specific Learning Disability, and Mental Illness.
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disability.
Directions for the use of Scribe by Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in IBPS PO exam:
The candidates who have affected writing speed due to any reason or are visually impaired can use the facility of a scribe at their cost during the IBPS PO Preliminary and IBPS PO Main Examination. The following rules apply in such case:
- The conducting agency will not provide the facility of a scribe; candidates wishing to use a scribe would have to arrange one at their costs.
- The candidate, as well as the scribe, would have to submit a suitable undertaking indicating that they fulfil the eligibility criteria
- The candidates using the facility of a scribe would be given a compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of the examination.
- The candidates should ensure that the scribe should not be someone who has applied for the IBPS PO exam. If such is the case, the candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be canceled.
- The use of scribe and registration for compensatory time has to be declared while filling the Online Application Form. If not mentioned, further requests for the same would not be entertained.
The following candidates will have an additional time of 20 minutes per hour in IBPS PO exam:
- Candidates with Locomotor Disability & Cerebral Palsy whose writing ability has been affected (minimum 40% impairment).
- Visually Impaired Candidates using the magnified font and not using a scribe.
- Candidates with more than 40 percent Intellectual Disability (autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness)