Which of the following state topped the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0 released by NITI Aayog in August 2019?
2019-08-28 | Team PendulumEdu
Gujarat has maintained its first position in the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0 released by the NITI Aayog. This the third time that Gujarat has obtained the first position in the water management sector. Andhra Pradesh was placed on the second spot followed by Madhya Pradesh. Among the north-eastern state and Himalayan states, Himachal Pradesh topped the index followed by Uttarakhand and Tripura.
The index ranks the states and UTs based on nine themes, which are further sub-divided into 28 indicators. The themes are as follows:
- Source Augmentation and Restoration of water bodies
- Source Augmentation (Groundwater)
- Major and medium Irrigation-Supply side management
- Watershed development- Supply side management
- Participatory Irrigation Practices- Demand Side Management
- Sustainable on-farm water use practices- Demand Side Management
- Rural Drinking water
- Urban water supply and sanitation
- Policy and Governance
In the second edition of the CWMI, a new section highlighting key water risks cutting across social and political, economic, and environmental spheres has been added.
Hence, (B) is the correct answer.
Questions related to reports and indices are asked in various government exams like UPSC CSE, UPSC CDS, State PCS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC JE, RRB JE, RRB Group D, IBPS SO, etc. Try and attempt free mock tests at PendulumEdu.