New Year Offer get 20% Off
Use Coupon code PENDULUMEDU
1. 2nd round of Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 2.0 started in Uttar Pradesh
- 2nd round of Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 has been started in Uttar Pradesh to cover all the children below 2 years of age and pregnant women who were left out of vaccination.
- The program is more targeted on remote areas and left- out, drop- out and resistant families, under-served population and tribal areas.
- Under the program, the activity will be carried out in 4 rounds, 7 activity days excluding Sundays, regular immunization days and holidays. The 1st round was completed in December 2019.
- In Bihar, IMI 2.0 has been started.
- Intensified Indradhanush Mission:
- The mission was started in 2017 to ensure 90% vaccination coverage by covering all the left out children below the age of 2 years and pregnant women.
- Under the program, the vaccination is being provided for tuberculosis, meningitis, measles, Hepatitis B, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis and diphtheria, and in some selected areas also provide for Hemophilus influenza and Japanese Encephalitis.
2. 8th National Photography Awards
- Entries for the photography award have been invited by the Photo division of Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
- The applicants have to submit their entries by 15 January 2020.
- The awards are conferred annually, covering various categories like Lifetime Achievement Award, Award for Professional Photographers and Award for Amateur Photographers.
- The Lifetime Achievement award carries a cash prize of INR 3 lakh.
- The theme for Professional photographers is “Life and Water”.
- The theme for Amateur photographers is “Cultural Heritage of India”.
3. 95th Hastings International Chess Title won by P Magesh Chandran
- P. Magesh Chandran won the 95th edition of Hastings International Chess Congress held at Hastings in England.
- He won all the 9 rounds. He is a Grandmaster with a FIDE rating of 2479.
- Romain Edouard of France got the second spot. G.A Stany took the 6th spot, and GMR Vaishali finished 10th.
4. Pride of India- Science Expo-2020 held in Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Pride of India Science Expo- 2020 was held in the 107th Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- DRDO participated in this event, with 31 laboratories having more than 150 exhibitions and models to exhibit cutting edge technologies.
- DRDO Pavillion is also being exhibited that will showcase Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM), Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile system (QRSAM), ASTRA Missile, Radars including Battle Field Surveillance Radar (BFSR), ASLESHA and BHARANI, etc.
- The indoor exhibition includes models from each technology cluster like EW&C, UAV Rustom-I, and Tapas, Nirbhay Missile, Akash Missile System, Prithvi missile, Nag missile, etc.
5. National Traders Convention being inaugurated in Delhi
- The 3-days National Traders Convention was inaugurated in Ramlila Maidan of New Delhi by Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The convention is aimed to protect the interest of traders and promote ease of doing business.
- The convention has been organized by the Confederation of All India Traders.
- Confederation of All India Traders:
- It is the apex body of traders consisting of trade persons. The confederation is aimed at looking after the problems of merchants.
- Its headquarters is in New Delhi.
6. NATO called for de-escalation as the tension increased in West Asia
- After the killing of Iran General Qaseem Soleimani, tensions has mounted in West Asia, citing which North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) chief Jens Stoltenberg has called for restraint.
- NATO maintains a 500 personnel mission in Iraq, tasked to prepare the local forces for countering terrorist groups.
- Currently, the core training activities of the NATO mission has been suspended.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization is an intergovernmental political and military alliance of 29 North American and European countries.
- It was constituted in 1949 with the North Atlantic Treaty, which regulates the functioning of NATO.
- Its headquarters is in Brussels, Belgium.
7. 5- year multi-entry tourist visa being approved by UAE cabinet for all nationalities visiting the country
- UAE cabinet has approved the 5- year multi-entry tourist visa for the people of all nations visiting the country.
- The decision shared by UAE ruler Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum to promote the tourism industry in the country.
- It is a West Asian country located in the Arabian Peninsula.
- Its capital is Abu Dhabi and its currency is United Arab Emirates Dirham.
8. Puerto Rico hit by Earthquake of magnitude 5.8
- Puerto Rico has been hit by an earthquake of 5.8 magnitude as informed by U.S Geological Survey.
- The earthquake is one of the strongest quakes to hit the U.S and struck south of the affected island at a shallow depth of 10 kilometers.
- Puerto Rico Island
- It is an unincorporated territory of the U.S located in the Northeast Caribbean Sea.
- Its capital is San Juan.
9. Indian Foreign Minister discusses regional issues with Jordan and Qatar Foreign Ministers
- Indian Foreign Minister S Jaishankar hold discussions with Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi and Qatari Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani on various regional issues.
- It is an Arab country in West Asia with the capital Amman.
- The currency of Jordan is Jordanian Dinar.
- It is an Arab country in the Middle East whose capital is Doha.
- The currency of Qatar is Qatari Riyal.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. The government launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 in the year-
2. What is the capital of Qatar?
B. Abu Dhabi
3. Puerto Rico is situated in which sea?
A. Mediterranean Sea
B. Black Sea
C. Carribean Sea
D. Red Sea
4. Which of the following country has recently approved the issuance of a five-year multi-entry tourist visa?
A. Saudi Arabia
C. South Korea
5. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) is a _________.
A. Political Alliance
B. Economic Alliance
C. Military Alliance
D. Both A and C
6. The three day National Traders Convention is being held in-
7. Pride of India-Science Expo-2020 is being held in-
8. Who among the following has won the 95th Hastings International Chess title?
A. P Magesh Chandran
B. G A Stany
C. Swayam Mishra
D. Deep Sengupta
9. What is the theme for the 8th National Photography Awards for professional photographers?
A. Culture Heritage of India
B. Life and Water
D. Development in Rural areas
10. What amount is given as the cash prize to the winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award under National Photography Awards?
A. 2 lakhs
B. 3 lakhs
C. 4 lakhs
D. 5 lakhs