- 1. President Inaugurated conservation works of Singorgarh Fort in Madhya Pradesh.
- 2. Former Rajasthan Governor Anshuman Singh passed away.
- 3. Ravichandran Ashwin becomes ICC men’s Player for the Month of February.
- 4. UP Government to launch campaign to prepare golden cards of Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- 5. CISF Raising Day celebrated every year on 10 March.
- 6. DRDO achieves milestone in Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System development.
- 7. SBI remains at top of the list of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s Digital Payment Scorecard for three consecutive months.
- 8. Delhi government presented Rs 69,000-crore ‘Deshbhakti Budget’.
- 9. ISRO, in collaboration with NASA, develop a Synthetic Aperture Radar for producing high-resolution images.
- 10. Quad countries leaders will hold their first summit on March 12.
- 11. Trivendra Singh Rawat quits as Uttarakhand CM.
BIGGEST SALE EVER get 35% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS2024
Topic: Art and Culture
1. President Inaugurated conservation works of Singorgarh Fort in Madhya Pradesh.
- President inaugurated the conservation works of the Singorgarh Fort in Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh.
- He also inaugurated Jabalpur Circle of Archaeological Survey of India and addressed the State Level Tribal Conference in Damoh.
- On this occasion, President also launched the portal for virtual classes for tribal artists and a booklet of the Tribal Department was also released.
- President also gave Shankar Shah and Rani Durgavati awards to tribal students.
- The Program was organised by the Ministry of Culture and the Tribal Affairs Department of Madhya Pradesh.
- Singorgarh Fort:
- It is located in the Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh.
- It was a residence of Rajgond rulers of Central India. It was conquered by Gond ruler Sangram Shah in the 16th century.
- It was attacked during the last war of the Garha Kingdom dynasty, under the rule of Rani Durgavati.
Topic: Personality in News
2. Former Rajasthan Governor Anshuman Singh passed away.
- Former Rajasthan Governor Anshuman Singh has passed away at the age of 86 years.
- Anshuman Singh was the Governor of Rajasthan from January 1999 to May 2003.
- He was appointed as a judge of the Allahabad high court in 1984 and later, he also served as Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
- All matters related to the Governor are described under Article 153 to Article 162 of the Constitution of India.
- Governor is the constitutional head of state and works only on the advice of the Council of Ministers.
- The Governor of a state is appointed by the President.
3. Ravichandran Ashwin becomes ICC men’s Player for the Month of February.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has become ICC men’s Player for the Month of February for his performance against England in a four-match Test Series.
- India won the Test Series to qualify for World Test Championship final. England’s Tammy Beaumont was named women’s Player of the Month.
- Ashwin scored 106 in the second innings of India’s second Test victory over England at Chennai. In the third Test victory at Ahmedabad, Ashwin took his 400th Test wicket. India won four- match Test Series by 3-1 margin.
- Ashwin scored 24 wickets against England last month to help his team secure its spot in World Test Championship final against New Zealand at Southampton in June.
- Ravichandran Ashwin plays for Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket. He plays for Delhi Capitals in Indian Premier League. He is a bawling all-rounder.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: State News/Uttar Pradesh
4. UP Government to launch campaign to prepare golden cards of Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- UP Government will launch a campaign to prepare the golden cards of the Ayushman Bharat scheme and it will be given to families who have not yet benefited from the scheme.
- The campaign will be launched all over the state with twin aims as given next.
- Promote awareness about Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and its benefits.
- Enable rural beneficiaries and beneficiaries in remote areas to get cashless healthcare worth Rs 5 lakh per family per year.
- The campaign will start from today and will continue till 24 March. Golden cards will be made at Panchayat offices, Anganwadi centres and primary schools.
- They will also be made at health and wellness centres, community health centres and PDS shops.
- Under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana scheme, beneficiaries are required to show golden cards to avail benefits of scheme.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: Important Days
5. CISF Raising Day celebrated every year on 10 March.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Raising Day lies every year on 10 March and it is 52nd CISF Raising Day this year.
- On 10 March 2019, the 50th Raising Day of CISF was celebrated at Ghaziabad and PM Modi attended the celebrations.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF):
- It is one of the Central Armed Police Force in India. It was established on 10 March 1969 under an act of Parliament.
- It works under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Currently, it provides protection to 300 industrial units, government infrastructure projects and establishments in India.
- Its current Director-General is Subodh Kumar Jaiswal. Its headquarters is in New Delhi.
- Its motto is protection and security.
6. DRDO achieves milestone in Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System development.
- DRDO has achieved a milestone in Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) System development by successfully demonstrating a land-based prototype on 08 March 2021.
- Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL) of DRDO is developing AIP System. Fuel cell-based AIP of NMRL is unique among various AIP systems being pursued internationally.
- AIP increases the lethality of a diesel-electric submarine manifold. The technology has been successfully developed with the help of industry partners L&T and Thermax.
- DRDO also took part in ‘Bandhan’ ceremony at Aero India 2021 in Yelahanka, Bengaluru, on 5 February 2021.
Topic: Banking System
7. SBI remains at top of the list of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s Digital Payment Scorecard for three consecutive months.
- SBI is at the top of the list of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s Digital Payment Scorecard for three consecutive months.
- SBI recorded the highest UPI transaction volume. It recorded nearly 64 crores (640 million) UPI transactions despite having a user base of 13.5 crores.
- The number of UPI transactions processed by SBI through its digital platforms is 636 crore. It is about 67% of transactions of SBI’s total transaction volume.
- SBI’s market share by transaction volume of mobile banking is 25%. SBI’s digital platform YONO disbursed more than 10 lakh personal loans during April-December 2020.
- SBI is also the largest issuer of debit cards. SBI’s Payment Aggregator service SBIePay provides to digital payment needs of large merchants in the public sector.
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology’s Digital Payment Scorecard tracks the performance of commercial banks on different digital parameters.
Topic: State News/ Delhi
8. Delhi government presented Rs 69,000-crore ‘Deshbhakti Budget’.
- The Delhi government has presented Rs 69,000-crore budget for the financial year 2021-22.
- The Budget has been kept on the theme of “Deshbhakti” (patriotism) to pay tribute to freedom fighters.
- Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has presented the Budget for the seventh consecutive time.
- Delhi Government has announced to celebrate 75 years of India’s Independence from March 12.
- Details of Budget:
- In the Budget of FY 2021-22, Rs 16,377 crore has been allocated for the education sector and Rs 9,934 crore has been granted for the health sector.
- Rs 50 crore has been allocated to Nishulk COVID Vaccine Yojana. Delhi government also announced to provide free Covid-19 vaccine in its hospital.
- Delhi government has aimed to increase the per capita income of Delhi at par with Singapore by 2047.
- Delhi government has also announced to open “Mahila Mohalla Clinics” at various locations.
- More than 100 specialized schools of excellence and a virtual model school will also be set up in Delhi. The Budget also proposes to set up a Sainik school in Delhi.
- The Budget of FY 2021-22 has allocated Rs 3,274 crore to the Delhi Jal Board.
Topic: Space and IT
9. ISRO, in collaboration with NASA, develop a Synthetic Aperture Radar for producing high-resolution images.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation, in partnership with NASA, has developed a Synthetic Aperture Radar for producing extremely high-resolution images. It has been developed for the earth observation satellite mission ‘NISAR’.
- The NASA-ISRO SAR (NISAR) is a joint earth observation satellite mission of India and US space agencies. It is the first satellite which is using dual-frequency L and S-band SAR for earth observation.
- NISAR will be launched in 2022 by ISRO’s Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- NASA is providing the L-band synthetic aperture radar for the Mission, while ISRO is providing the S-band radar.
- In a three-year mission, NISAR will observe the Earth’s surface and snow-covered surfaces every 12 days. On average, it will take samples of the Earth every six days.
- It will provide real time high-resolution images of the Indian sub-continent. It will facilitate real-time images of India’s borders and help in monitoring natural disasters.
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
10. Quad countries leaders will hold their first summit on March 12.
- The first-ever summit of the leaders of Quad countries will be organised on March 12 in a virtual mode.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and the President of US Joe Biden will participate in this summit.
- The leaders will discuss many issues in this meeting. The issues are listed below:
- Contemporary challenges related to critical technologies, maritime security, and climate change
- Efforts to combat the Covid-19 pandemic and to provide safe, equitable and affordable vaccine in the Indo-Pacific region
- Areas of cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region
- Recently, the 3rd edition of the Quad Ministerial meeting was held on 18 February 2021.
- The foreign ministers of the Quad nations had met in Tokyo on 6 October 2020.
- It was established in 2007.
- Australia, India, Japan, and the United States are members of this forum.
- It aims to establish an “Asian Arc of Democracy”, including the countries in Central Asia, Mongolia, the Korean peninsula, and other Southeast Asia countries.
- Its main objective is to counter China in the Indo-Pacific region.
11. Trivendra Singh Rawat quits as Uttarakhand CM.
- Trivendra Singh Rawat has resigned as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. He has submitted his resignation to Governor Baby Rani Maurya.
- He was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand in 2017. He was scheduled to complete his four years on 18 March.
- Narayan Dutt Tiwari is the only chief Minister of Uttarakhand who has completed his five years tenure.
- Sh. Tirath Singh Rawat has been declared as the new Chief Minister of the state.
- Chief Minister:
- Chief Minister is the elected head of the government of a state.
- Article 164 states that the Chief Minister shall be appointed by the Governor and the other ministers shall be appointed on the advice of the Chief Minister.
- He advises the Governor regarding the appointment of other Ministers and decides the portfolios for them
- Chief Minister of a state can give his resignation to the Governor.
(Source: News on AIR)