New Year Offer get 20% Off
Use Coupon code PENDULUMEDU
1. Union Cabinet approved restructuring scheme for Yes Bank
- The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal of the Reserve Bank for the reconstruction scheme for Yes Bank.
- A new board of the bank will be formed within a week.
- State Bank of India will invest in 49% shares of Yes Bank.
- The withdrawal limit imposed by the RBI on the Yes Bank’s customers at Rs. 50,000 per depositor will be lifted within 3 days of notification of this scheme.
- Yes Bank:
- Yes Bank Limited is an Indian public bank.
- It was founded in 2004 by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapoor.
- It is headquartered in Mumbai.
2. 4% increase in dearness allowance for Central Government employees
- The Union Cabinet has increased the dearness allowance of Central Government employees by 4%.
- Now, the total dearness allowance will increase from 17% to 21%.
- This increase will benefit 48 lakh central government employees and 65 lakh pension holders.
- This dearness allowance will be payable from 1 January 2020.
- Due to increase in dearness allowance, the government will have to bear an additional burden of Rs. 14,595 crore.
3. Ganga Aamantran Abhiyaan was inaugurated in New Delhi
- Recently the Ganga Aamantran Abhiyaan was inaugurated by Home Minister Amit Shah in New Delhi.
- On this occasion, Amit Shah said that India had given the world the most knowledge related to language, science, religious research, spirituality and values , and Ganga is its symbol.
- The Ganges originates from the Gangotri glacier as Bhagirathi and joins the Bay of Bengal after covering a distance of about 2500 km.
- Left bank Tributaries of the Ganga include Ramganga, Gomti, Ghaghra, Gandak, Kosi and Mahananda and its right bank tributaries are Yamuna, Tamsa, Son and Punpun.
4. March 11: 35th Foundation Day of the National Crime Records Bureau
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) celebrated its 35th Foundation Day on 11 March 2020.
- On this occasion, Crime Multi Agency Center (Cri-MAC) has been started for sharing of information in cases related to serious crimes and interstate coordination.
- Also, the National Cyber Crime Training Center (NCTC) was also launched that will provide professional quality e-Learning services on cybercrime investigation to various stakeholders.
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB):
- An Indian government agency that collects and analyzes crime data as defined by the Indian Penal Code and local laws.
- It works under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It was established on 11 March 1986.
- Its headquarters is located in New Delhi.
5. US President Donald Trump signed a bill to help small telecom providers
- Recently US President Donald Trump has signed a bill to help small telecom providers.
- The bill provides US $ 1 billion to help small telecom providers replace devices made by Chinese companies Huawei and ZTE.
- Under the bill, small telecom providers through a reimbursement program can remove and replace devices manufactured by entities that are deemed a threat to national security.
6. A safari world will be set up at Arignar Anna Zoological Park
- Recently Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami announced that a safari world would be created at the Arignar Anna Zoological Park at Vandalur at a cost of Rs 11.5 crore.
- This Safari World will help visitors to see wild animals up close.
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park:
- It is also known as Vandalur Zoo, is a zoological park located in Vandalur, Tamil Nadu.
- Established in 1855, it is the first public zoo in India.
7. Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh requested the Governor to conduct a floor test
- Recently Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath requested Governor Lalji Tandon to conduct a floor test in the Vidhan Sabha session beginning on March 16.
- Floor test is the process of proving majority. In this, MLAs vote for their party in front of the Speaker or Protem Speaker.
- Madhya Pradesh:
- Madhya Pradesh is the second largest state in India after Rajasthan.
- Its capital is Bhopal.
- The state animal of Madhya Pradesh is Barasingha and the state bird Dudhraj, Asian Paradise Flycatcher.
8. National Stock Exchange “Nifty” entered the bear market
- Recently the National Stock Exchange “Nifty” has entered the bear market.
- The Nifty has taken this decision after the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Covid-19 a pandemic globally.
- A ‘bear market’ is a situation in which people think that prices will fall in the market. If they want to sell shares, they are called Bear. This usually reflects a prevailing negative sentiment and a large sell-off in the market or a particular stock.
- Conversely, those who think that the market will be in a bullish trend, they want to buy more shares in the hope of profit, that’s why they are called bull.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. Where is the headquarters of Yes Bank located?
A. New Delhi
2. Recently, by what percent the dearness allowance of Central Government employees has been increased?
3. Which of the following is not a right bank tributary of the Ganges?
4. When was the National Crime Records Bureau established?
A. 11 March 1986
B. 15 March 1987
C. 10 March 1985
D. 20 March 1988
5. Huawei and ZTE are the technology companies of which country?
D. North Korea
6. Where is Arignar Anna Zoological Park located?
B. Andhra Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
7. With respect to the area, Madhya Pradesh is the ______ largest state in India?
8. What is a stock market where people expect profit?
A. Bull Market
B. Bear Market
C. Primary Market
D. Secondary Market