1. Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020 passed by Lok Sabha
- The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020 has been passed by the Lok Sabha.
- The bill has been passed by voice vote in the Lok Sabha.
- The bill aims to set up an Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- This institute will work to promote quality and excellence in teaching, training and research in Ayurveda and related fields.
- Upgradation of Ayurveda institutes in Kerala and Arunachal Pradesh will also be considered by the government. Also, Ayurveda treatment will be brought under the insurance cover.
2. Parliamentary Committee recommends to build forensic laboratories in each state
- Parliamentary Standing Committee on Human Resource Development chaired by Dr. Satyanarayan Jatiya recommended the Ministry of Home Affairs to establish one forensic lab in each state of the country within 2 years.
- The parliamentary committee said in the report that currently out of 86.6% cases of rape, only 32% of the perpetrators are punished.
- A strong network of forensic laboratories will prove to be very helpful in punishing criminals.
3. Government decided to give bonus marks to NCC certificate holders in CAPF
- Recently the government has decided to give bonus marks to NCC certificate holders in direct entry examinations in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
- NCC 'C' certificate holders will be given 5%, NCC 'B' certificate holders will be given 3% and NCC 'A' certificate holders will be given 2% of the maximum marks of the examination as bonus marks.
- This decision has been taken to increase participation of India's youth in NCC.
- This provision is already present in the examinations of the armed forces.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC):
- The National Cadet Corps is the youth wing of the armed forces.
- It is open to school and college students on a voluntary basis.
- Its headquarters is located in New Delhi.
- It was established on 16 April 1948 under the NNC Act, 1948.
- Motto- “Unity and Discipline”
4. India's National Health Policy set to achieve total fertility rate of 2.1% by 2025
- India's National Health Policy is set to achieve the target of 2.1% total fertility rate by 2025 as mentioned by Minister of State for Planning Rao Inderjit Singh in a written reply in Rajya Sabha.
- Also, the government envisages to provide integrated service delivery for basic reproduction and child health care.
- The National Health Policy 2017 has been implemented with the aim of providing good quality of health services in the country.
- Total Fertility rate is the total number of children that would be born to each woman during her child-bearing years.
5. Greece handed over Olympic torch to Tokyo
- Recently, Greece handed over the torch of the Olympics to Tokyo.
- The Tokyo Olympic Games are to be held from 24 July to 9 August 2020 in Japan.
- Olympic Games:
- Modern Olympic Games are international sporting events, in which thousands of athletes from all over the world participate in a variety of competitions.
- The first modern Olympics were held in 1896 in Athens, Greece.
- The next Olympics are proposed in 2024 in Paris, France.
6. Himachal Pradesh Government launched two new systems for Himachal Police
- The Himachal Pradesh State Government has recently launched two new systems to assist the Himachal Police in Shimla.
- These systems are Police Station Visitor Survey System and E-Night Beat Checking System.
- The police station visitor survey system will be used to monitor visitors coming to police stations, police checkpoints and all other police units and will help in building a database of visitors.
- The e-night beat checking system will help the state police to keep track of suspicious vehicles and criminals operating at night.
7. Government has lifted import restrictions on some chemicals
- Recently, the government has lifted import restrictions on some chemicals including zinc dross, light, heavy and full range naphtha.
- Import of zinc dross is now permitted without license. Prior to this, a license was required for import.
- It is used in various fields including the paint industry.
- At the same time, the government has also allowed flying clubs to freely import aviation gasoline with some conditions.
- Additionally, for other users, the import of aviation gasoline through state trade enterprises is permitted.
8. March 20: International Day of Happiness
- International Day of Happiness is observed every year on 20 March.
- This year's theme is “Happiness for All, Together”.
- The General Assembly of the United Nations in its Resolution 66/281 on 12 July 2012 declared March 20 as the International Day of Happiness.
- The International Day of Happiness was celebrated for the first time on 20 March 2013.
- The United Nations announced 17 Sustainable Development Goals in 2015, furthering the objective of happiness.
9. Srikanteshwara temple was closed for devotees with immediate effect
- Entry for devotees to Srikanteshwara Temple and four other major temples under the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) in Mysuru district has been closed with immediate effect.
- This decision has been taken keeping in mind the risk of infection of Covid-19.
- However, priests of all temples will perform daily rituals and prayers as per tradition.
- Srikanteshwara Temple:
- Srikanteshwara Temple is an ancient temple located in Nanjangud, Karnataka.
- It is dedicated to Lord Shrikanteshwara (Shiva).
- Srikanteshwara Temple is located on the right bank of the Kapila River, a tributary of the Kaveri.
- Nanjangud is also known as Dakshin Kashi and Dakshin Ka Prayag.
Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)
1. In which state will the educational institute be established by the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020?
2. Recently which committee of Parliament has recommended to build a forensic laboratory in each state?
A. Satyanarayan Jatiya
B. Krishnapal Singh
C. Srikanth Reddy
D. S. Kumar Rao
3. Recently the government has decided to give what percentage bonus points to NCC "A" certificate holders in direct entry examinations in Central Armed Police Forces?
4. The government of India has set a target to achieve the total fertility rate of 2.1% by which year?
5. In which country is the Olympic Games 2020 proposed to be held in July this year?
6. Recently which state government has launched two new systems to assist the police?
A. Himachal Pradesh
B. Arunachal Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
7. Recently, the government has lifted the import ban on some chemicals, which of these is included in that list?
A. Zinc Dross
B. Heavy and full range naphtha
C. Both A and B
D. None of the above
8. On which day was the International Day of Happiness celebrated for the first time?
A. 20 March 2013
B. 20 April 2015
C. 20 March 2014
D. 20 May 2015
9. Srikanteshwara Temple is dedicated to which of the following deities?
National Sports Day 2020 | List of Awardees of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, Arjuna Award and other Sports AwardsRead More