Special Offer get 25% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS25
1. J&K chosen for first pilot project on Sustainable Development Goals
- Among all States and UTs, J&K has been chosen for the first pilot project on Sustainable Developmental Goals by NITI Aayog.
- The selection of J&K will give it an opportunity to work with UNDP.
- The government is also working on different outreach programs in J& K.
- Under the programs, the government will ask for information from District Commissioners and give rankings.
- Sustainable Developmental Goals are 17 goals decided by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015.
- NITI Aayog was formed on 1 January 2015. It replaced the Planning Commission.
2. Ministry of DoNER officials will soon sign MoU with UT of J&K
- Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) officials will soon sign an MoU with UT of J&K for new bamboo clusters and technology centers.
- Through the MoU with UT of J&K, new bamboo clusters and technology centers will be opened in Jammu/Samba/Kathua region.
- The MoU will give technical support to farmers. It will also help them in capacity building.
- The Ministry of DoNER was formed in September 2001. It works for the development of the North Eastern Region.
3. S N Srivastava given additional charge of Commissioner of Delhi Police
- S N Srivastava has been given additional charge of Commissioner of Delhi Police.
- Current Delhi Police Commissioner, Amulya Patnaik will retire on 29 February.
- S N Srivastava is also holding the post of Special Commissioner, Law and Order in Delhi Police.
- Earlier, he has worked as Special Director General in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF):
- CRPF has existed since 1939 as Crown Representative's Police. In 1949, Crown Representative's Police became the current Central Reserve Police Force.
- It works under the Ministry of Home Affairs to maintain law and order and internal security. It also carries counterinsurgency operations.
4. Signing of agreement between US and Taliban
- The US has announced that it will sign an agreement with Taliban.
- The agreement is a part of the efforts of the US to bring peace in Afghanistan.
- It is a landlocked country located in Asia. Its capital is Kabul.
- Pashto and Dari are its official languages.
- Pakistan lies in the east and south of Afghanistan. Iran borders Afghanistan on the west side.
- Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan lie in the north of Afghanistan. China lies in the northeast of Afghanistan.
5. Bangalore Central University wins Men’s Hockey Gold in Khelo India University Games
- Bangalore Central University has won Men’s Hockey Gold in Khelo India University Games at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Bangalore Central University has won the medal by beating Bangalore University.
- ITM University, Madhya Pradesh, has won in Women's Hockey Final at Khelo India University Games.
- ITM University has won Women's Hockey Final by beating Sambalpur University, Odisha.
- Harjinder Kaur from Punjabi University, Patiala has won a gold medal in women’s 71 Kg weightlifting.
- Harmilan Bains of Punjabi University has made All India University record in 1500m running.
- Gurpreet Ralh of Sant Baba Bhag Singh University, Jalandhar has won the gold medal in men’s 89 kg weightlifting.
- Odisha is the host of Khelo India University Games that are being organized from 22 February 2020 to 1 March 2020.
6. Plan for opening 10 more AMRIT stores in Jammu and Kashmir
- Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir administration is planning to open 10 more Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) stores.
- As per the plan, new AMRIT stores will be opened in tertiary care institutions by April 2020.
- Currently, 12 AMRIT stores are operating in different districts of Jammu and Kashmir. Districts currently having these stores are Jammu, Srinagar, Kathua, Rajouri and Doda.
- Amrit Yojana was launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in 2015. This scheme aims to reduce the burden of costly medicines on the pockets of the poor.
7. Two-day unique Chili Festival starts in Madhya Pradesh
- A two-day unique Chili Festival has started in Khargone, Madhya Pradesh.
- Chili Festival provides business opportunities to traders, investors, and exporters of chilies. The festival is also important for the central government's goal of doubling farmers' income.
- The red chilies of Nimar and Malwa regions, which are the highest chili producing regions of Madhya Pradesh are exported to China, Pakistan, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.
8. A unique census of migratory birds in Kanyakumari
- A unique census of migratory birds is being done in the Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu.
- Migratory birds that come to India from other countries having adverse climatic conditions will be counted during the census.
- The two-day census uses physical and indirect evidence to count migratory birds and attempts to create a detailed list of migratory birds coming from distant countries such as Siberia to Kanyakumari.
- Exotic species such as flamingos from Spain, canaries and pintails from Central Asian countries and pelicans from Antarctica will be counted during the census.
- India has been elected as president of the Convention of Migratory Species for three years in recently concluded COP-13 for migratory birds.
9. Facebook cancels its annual F-8 Developers Conference
- The US-based technology company Facebook has canceled its annual F-8 Developers Conference due to fear of spreading of Coronavirus.
- Annual F-8 Developers Conference was to be organized in early May in San Jose, Silicon Valley.
- Both Facebook and Microsoft have also canceled Game Developers Conference, which was to be organized in San Francisco in March.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. Recently, NITI Aayog has selected which union territory for the first pilot project on sustainable development goals?
- Jammu and Kashmir
2. In which year was the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region established?
3. Recently, who has been given additional charge of Delhi Police Commissioner?
- DK Sharma
- SN Srivastava
- N P Singh
- AK Kalyan
4. Recently, the United States has announced to sign an agreement with which of the following terrorist organizations?
- Boko Haram
- Al Qaeda
5. Which team has won the men's hockey gold medal at the Khelo India University Games?
- Bangalore Central University
- Poona Central University
- Indore Central University
- Guwahati Central University
6. What is the name of medical stores being opened across the country for affordable medicines and treatment?
- Jan Swasthya Kendra
7. In which of the following states a two-day Chili Festival was started recently?
- Tamil Nadu
- Madhya Pradesh
8. Which country has been elected as president of the Convention of Migratory Species for three years in the recently concluded COP-13 for migratory birds?
9. Recently, which company has canceled its annual F-8 Developers Conference due to the possibility of spreading of Coronavirus?