- 1. Rs 572 crore approved for 2020-21 Jal Jeevan Mission in Jharkhand
- 2. Launch of Urban Forest Program on the occasion of World Environment Day
- 3. National awareness campaign on human and animal mortality prevention on highways
- 4. Ordinance to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- 5. Power Minister RK Singh launched the # iCommit campaign
- 6. Bangladesh launched Corona Tracer BD App
- 7. In Madhya Pradesh, a tree plantation campaign called Thank Mom has launched
- 8. Fit India to promote 10 indigenous games of India under the Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat initiative
- 9. DRDO developed a device-SUMERU PACS
- 10. Brajendra Navnit appointed Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the WTO
1. Rs 572 crore approved for 2020-21 Jal Jeevan Mission in Jharkhand
- Recently, the Central Government provided Rs 572 crore for the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission for the financial year 2020-21 in Jharkhand.
- In Jharkhand, a target has been set to provide tap connections to 100% households by 2023-24.
- Currently out of the 54 lakh rural households in the state, only 4.37 lakh have a functional household tap connection.
- In 2019-20, 98,000 tap connections were installed.
- The goal is to provide tap connections to the remaining rural families.
- Jal Jeevan Mission:
- This mission was announced in August 2019.
- The main objective of the mission is to provide piped water supply to all rural households by 2024.
- Ministry of Jal Shakti is the nodal agency for this mission.
(Source: News on AIR)
- It is a state of eastern India. It came into existence on 15 November 2000 as the 28th state of the Union.
- The capital of Jharkhand is Ranchi.
- The Governor of Jharkhand is Draupadi Murmu and Chief Minister is Hemant Soren.
- The state animal of Jharkhand is elephant, state bird is cuckoo, state tree is sal and state flower is palash.
- Jharkhand has 14 Lok Sabha and 81 assembly seats.
2. Launch of Urban Forest Program on the occasion of World Environment Day
- Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the Urban Forest Program on the occasion of World Environment Day. The need to promote this initiative through active public participation has been emphasized.
- Under this program, in the first phase, forests will be developed in 200 corporations and cities in the country.
- On this occasion, the success of Wajre Urban Forest developed on 40 acres of low land area in Pune city, Maharashtra was highlighted.
- About 8 percent of the world's biodiversity is in India.
(Source: News on AIR)
3. National awareness campaign on human and animal mortality prevention on highways
- Recently, Minister of Roads, Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari launched a national awareness campaign for human and animal mortality prevention on highways.
- There are about 5 lakh road accidents in the country every year, in which around 1.5 lakh people die.
- The government will try to reduce the present road accidents and deaths by 20% to 25% by March next year. More than 5,000 black spots have been identified for this, and the process for their improvement, including temporary and permanent measures, is being carried out on an urgent basis.
- Also, the Ministry has requested all agencies to follow the provisions of the Manual of Environment Friendly Measures to reduce the effects of linear infrastructure on wildlife released by the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun.
- The occasion underlined the need to create awareness and education for the people at large to reduce or eliminate mortality on the roads, as ecology and sustainability are of paramount importance to human life.
(Source: News on AIR)
4. Ordinance to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- Recently the government has brought an ordinance to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
- Under this mandate, new insolvency action will not be initiated by the government for any lapse due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Insolvency proceedings will not be commenced for the default, period of repayment starting from on the March 25 first lockdown commencement date.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016:
- It is one of the biggest insolvency reforms in India's economic history.
- The Central Government introduced the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code in 2016.
- It aims to deal with the bad credit problems that are affecting the banking system.
- If Parliament or State Legislature is not in session, an ordinance is brought on any necessary subject.
- The Constitution of India empowers the President under Article 123 and the Governor of Article 213 to bring ordinances.
5. Power Minister RK Singh launched the # iCommit campaign
- Recently Power Minister RK Singh launched the # iCommit campaign on the occasion of World Environment Day.
- The initiative is being operated by Energy Efficiency Services Limited.
- It is uniting diverse people such as governments, corporates, multilateral and bilateral organizations, think tanks and sportspersons.
- This initiative is a call for all stakeholders and individuals to move towards energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability to create a robust and flexible energy system in the future.
- This government initiative can bring together a diverse spectrum of government and private players to create a new energy for India.
(Source: News on AIR)
6. Bangladesh launched Corona Tracer BD App
- The Bangladesh government has launched an app Corona Tracer BD to detect Corona infected and people around them.
- This app has been launched by ICT Division and Directorate General of Health Services Bangladesh together.
- Smartphone-based this app uses a Bluetooth signal to detect a corona infected person.
- It is located in the east of India on the Bay of Bengal.
- Its capital is Dhaka and the currency is Bangladeshi Taka.
7. In Madhya Pradesh, a tree plantation campaign called Thank Mom has launched
- In Madhya Pradesh, a tree plantation campaign called Thanks Mom has been launched on World Environment Day.
- This campaign has been started in the premises of Directorate of Social Justice and Disabled Welfare.
- All the plants will be planted with plate in the name of each employee's mother.
- Neem, Guava, Mango, Chandni, Parijat and Tulsi plants are being planted in the campus.
- Along with this, online and offline programs were organized in all districts on the theme of Time for Nature focused on conservation of biodiversity across the state.
- Madhya Pradesh:
- Madhya Pradesh ranks second in terms of area in the country after Rajasthan.
- The state capital is Bhopal.
- The Chief Minister is Shivraj Singh Chauhan and Governor is Lalji Tandon.
- The state animal of the state is Barasingha.
- Madhya Pradesh has 29 seats in the Lok Sabha and 230 seats in the state legislative assembly.
8. Fit India to promote 10 indigenous games of India under the Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat initiative
- Recently one of the flagship programs of the Ministry of Sports, Fit India will promote 10 indigenous sports in India under Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat initiative.
- The series includes games like Kho-Kho, Gatka, Kalaripayattu, Mallakhamb, Thanga-Ta, Shaka, Kabaddi, Roll Ball, Tug of War and Shooting Ball.
- Fit India has joined hands with the Department of School Education and Literacy to launch a series of special films for this.
- The objective of this series is not only to create awareness about the culture and heritage of the indigenous games and their respective states.
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat aims to create awareness among the youth about the culture and heritage of states across India.
(Source: News on AIR)
9. DRDO developed a device-SUMERU PACS
- Recently the Defense Research Development Organization has developed a tool called SUMERU PACS.
- This device helps the wearer of personal protective equipment to relax without sweating.
- It developed a personal air circulation system, which can be used as a small bag weighing approximately 500 grams inside a PPE kit, which works well at an ambient temperature of 39 °C and causing the wearer Keeps sweat free comfortable and cool.
- Defense Research and Development Organization:
- It is an agency of the Government of India which deals with the research and development work of the Army in India.
- G. Sateesh Reddy is the current Chairman of this organization.
- It was founded in 1958.
- Its headquarters is located in New Delhi.
10. Brajendra Navnit appointed Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the WTO
- Brajendra Navnit has been appointed India's Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the World Trade Organization.
- He will have a tenure of three years.
- Brajendra Navnit is a 1999 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre.
- Mr. Navnit has recently completed his term as Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister's Office.
- World Trade Organization (WTO):
- The World Trade Organization is an intergovernmental organization that regulates international trade between nations.
- It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- It was established on 1 January 1995.