- 1. NIPER Guwahati developed a 3-D printed antimicrobial face shield for protection from COVID-19
- 2. CBIC launched a flagship program 'Turant Customs' in Bengaluru and Chennai
- 3. DIAT Pune developed Nano-technology based disinfectant spray 'Ananya'
- 4. Indian Air Force manufactured 'ARPIT' aerial vehicle.
- 5. An engineer from Thane built the world's first Internet-controlled robot
- 6. IIT Hyderabad has developed Artificial Intelligence based test kit for testing COVID-19
- 7. MoU has been signed between India and Denmark to increase cooperation in power sector
- 8. Government of Chhattisgarh has started SPANDAN campaign
- 9. Task Force constituted under the chairmanship of Ms. Jaya Jaitley
- 10. Explosion in oil well of Baghjan in Tinsukia district of Assam
Special Offer get 25% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS25
1. NIPER Guwahati developed a 3-D printed antimicrobial face shield for protection from COVID-19
- Recently National Institute of Pharmaceuticals Education and Research Guwahati has developed 3D-printed antimicrobial face shield, multilayer mask and hands free multi-tasking object for protection from COVID-19.
- Antimicrobial face shield is highly protective, transparent and easy to wear.
- The first layer of this mask is an anti-bacterial covering, while the second layer is sanitizing and the third layer contains medicinal particles to prevent additional microbial attacks.
- All the products manufactured by the institute are user friendly and strong and are easy to clean with sanitizer or any alcohol containing disinfectant.
- The institute has signed an MoU with Hindustan Antibiotic Limited, Pune for large-scale manufacturing and commercialization of its 3D printed antimicrobial face shield.
2. CBIC launched a flagship program 'Turant Customs' in Bengaluru and Chennai
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) launched its flagship program 'Turant Customs' in Bangalore and Chennai.
- Turant Customs is a mega improvement for ease of doing business.
- This will prove to be very helpful in leveraging technology for faster customs clearance of imported goods.
- This program will provide importers with uniformity in valuation by eliminating regular interface with customs officials across the country.
- Importers will now have to receive their goods from customs after being remotely assessed by customs officials located outside the import port.
- Now, goods imported into Chennai can be evaluated by customs officers based in Bengaluru and vice versa, goods imported in Bangalore can be evaluated by customs officers based in Chennai.
- The start of customs in Bangalore and Chennai immediately will be the first phase of the all-India roll out, which will be completed by December 31 this year.
- In the first phase, mechanical, electrical and electronics machinery will be imported at the ports and airports of Bengaluru and Chennai.
(Source- News on AIR)
3. DIAT Pune developed Nano-technology based disinfectant spray 'Ananya'
- Recently Defense Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, a deemed university, has developed nano-technology based disinfectant spray Ananya to counter COVID-19.
- This spray is useful in disinfecting all types of surfaces.
- This spray can be used in masks, PPE, as well as other potentially contaminated surfaces such as medical devices, elevator buttons, door knobs, corridors and rooms.
- This nano-technology assisted formulation will not only prevent novel coronaviruses from entering the human body, but it will kill the virus as soon as it comes into contact with masks and PPE.
- It is a water-based spray and will remain in effect for more than 24 hours after spray.
(Source- News on AIR)
4. Indian Air Force manufactured 'ARPIT' aerial vehicle.
- Recently the Indian Air Force has manufactured an air rescue vehicle named 'ARPIT’- Airborne Rescue Pod for Isolated Transportation.
- The offering is designed according to the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health, National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) and the Centers for Disease Control, USA.
- Its design has also been prepared by the Indian Air Force.
- The cost of this system developed from indigenous technology is only 60,000 rupees, which is much less than a similar imported system which costs 60 lakh rupees.
- It will be used to evacuate serious patients of COVID-19 from remote areas.
- It is constructed from very light certified material used in making aircraft.
(Source- News on AIR)
5. An engineer from Thane built the world's first Internet-controlled robot
- Recently, Prateek Tirodkar, a 23-year-old engineer from Thane, built the world's first Internet-controlled robot.
- This robot is specifically meant to cater to the needs of hospitals treating COVID-19 patients.
- Hence, its name has been called Coro-Bot.
- It can care for patients with corona without nurses, ward staff, or other caregivers.
- This robot freely gives food, water, beverages, medicines and even some good advice to patients.
6. IIT Hyderabad has developed Artificial Intelligence based test kit for testing COVID-19
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad have developed an Artificial Intelligence based test kit to test COVID-19.
- This kit costs very little and can deliver results in about 20 minutes.
- This test kit is Reverse Tranion Polymerase Chain Reaction free and relieves many processes.
- These kits can also be transported to rural areas due to their lightness for testing COVID-19.
7. MoU has been signed between India and Denmark to increase cooperation in power sector
- Recently a memorandum of understanding has been signed between India and Denmark to increase cooperation in the power sector.
- Under the Memorandum of Understanding, a Working Group will be created and the Joint Secretary level officers of the two countries will be its co-chairs.
- This MoU will help in development of marine wind energy, long term energy planning, forecasting, bringing flexibility in grids and increasing power generation by integrating grid codes.
- It is a Scandinavian country that includes the Jutland Peninsula and several other islands.
- Its capital is Copenhagen and the currency is the Danish krone.
8. Government of Chhattisgarh has started SPANDAN campaign
- Recently, the Chhattisgarh government has started a SPANDAN campaign.
- The campaign is to prevent incidents of suicide and fratricide in police personnel.
- As part of the campaign, the Superintendent of Police attached to the Chhattisgarh government will parade in their districts every Friday.
- Along with this, medical treatment and counseling of depressed officers will also be compulsory.
- In addition, this campaign will also arrange yoga classes for police personnel at all district headquarters.
- The state was formed on 1 November 2000 by dividing ten Chhattisgarhi and six Gondi-speaking southeastern districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- Its capital is Raipur. The state animal of Chhattisgarh is the wild Asiatic buffalo and the state bird is mountain myna.
- The state is ranked 9th in terms of area in the country.
- The State Governor is Anusuiya Uike and Chief Minister is Bhupesh Baghel.
9. Task Force constituted under the chairmanship of Ms. Jaya Jaitley
- Recently, the government has constituted a task force headed by Ms. Jaya Jaitley.
- The task force is formed by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- It aims to examine issues related to maternal age, reduced maternal mortality and improvement in nutrition level.
- This task force will submit its report by 31 July 2020.
- The Working Group will also suggest appropriate legislation and or amendments to existing laws in support of its recommendations.
- In addition, the Working Group will also prepare a detailed plan for implementing these recommendations with a timeline.
10. Explosion in oil well of Baghjan in Tinsukia district of Assam
- Recently, there has been an explosion in the oil well in Baghjan of the Oil India Limited in Tinsukia district of Assam.
- Since the morning of May 27, natural gas was continuously leaking from the well.
- This led to the death of various types of fish and an endangered Ganges dolphin.
- Symptoms like eye irritation, headache have been reported in locals.
- Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, located just 900 meters away from this place, is also likely to be affected.
- Natural gas:
- It is currently the cleanest fossil fuel.
- Natural gas is mainly made up of methane, while it also contains ethane, propane, butane and pentane.
- This gas is used in cooking in home and as fuel in vehicles.
- It is also used in fertilizer, plastics and other businesses.