Select the most appropriate ANTONYM of the given word.
Correct Answer : c ) DowncastExplanation :
- Upbeat means cheerful; optimistic.
- Ferocious means savagely fierce, cruel, or violent.
- Blithesome means filled with, marked by, or causing pleasure.
- Downcast means feeling despondent or disappointed.
- Debilitated means weakened.
From the meanings above, the antonym to ‘Upbeat’ is ‘Downcast’.
Hence, (C) is the correct answer.
The Synonym Antonym type of question of English Language section is being asked in government jobs exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SBI CLERK, various IBPS exams. Attempting this question will help you learn a few new words to use. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills in order to excel in these exams.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More
UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key | UPSC 2021 Answer Key Set A, B, C and D and CSAT 2021 Answer KeyRead More