Cyclone ‘Tauktae’ has recently hit the coast of Gujarat. The name of the cyclone has been given by which country?
Correct Answer : b ) MyanmarExplanation :
- According to India Meteorological Department (IMD), Cyclone Tauktae recently made landfall in Gujarat with windspeed between 150kmph and 160kmph.
- The cyclone ‘Tauktae’ name has been given by Myanmar. It means 'gecko', a highly vocal lizard, in the Burmese dialect.
- A cyclone is a low-pressure system with very high winds swirling around it.
- Conditions favourable for the formation of tropical cyclones are —
- Sufficiently warm sea surface
- Atmospheric instability
- High humidity in low to medium levels of the troposphere
- Sufficient Coriolis force to maintain a low pressure center, etc
Hence, option (b) is correct.
Questions related to Current Affairs are asked in various competitive exams like State PCS, UPSC CDS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB NTPC, UP SI, IB ACIO, etc.
Read Daily Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Hindi Current Affairs, Word of the Day, Study Material for GK, Study Material for Quant and attempt free mock tests at PendulumEdu and boost your preparation for the actual exam.