Directions: In the given question, a sentence has been given in Active/ Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/ Active voice.
She records her experiences in her diary every day.
Correct Answer : c ) Her experiences are recorded by her in her diary every day.Explanation :
Solution: The given sentence is in active voice. Let us understand the two voices before we answer the question:
- Active Voice: the subject performs the action expressed by the verb.
- Passive Voice: the subject receives the action expressed by the verb.
When converting a sentence from active to passive voice, the following rules are used:
- the places of subject and object are interchanged.
- third form of the verb, i.e. past participle is always used as main verb in the sentences of passive voice.
- Auxiliary verbs are used in the passive voice as per the tense of the sentence.
- the word, "by" is usually introduced before the subject.
In the above sentence, the subject is, “she”, the verb is, “records” and the object is, “her experiences”.
The only option that reverses the given sentence correctly, without changing the tense (simple present tense) is option C.
Hence, (C) is the correct answer.
Such type of question is asked in various government exams like State PCS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB NTPC, etc.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More
UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key | UPSC 2021 Answer Key Set A, B, C and D and CSAT 2021 Answer KeyRead More
UP Special Current Affairs 2021 | UP Special News for UPPCS from July 2020 - September 2021Read More