Directions: In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/ Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/ Active voice.
The bank manager convinced me to invest in this fixed deposit.
Correct Answer : b ) I was convinced by the bank manager to invest in this fixed deposit.Explanation :
The given sentence is in active voice. Let us understand the two voices before we answer the question:
- Active Voice: the subject performs the action expressed by the verb.
- Passive Voice: the subject receives the action expressed by the verb.
When converting a sentence from active to passive voice, the following rules are used:
- The places of subject and object are interchanged.
- The third form of the verb, i.e. past participle is always used as main verb in the sentences of passive voice.
- Auxiliary verbs are used in the passive voice as per the tense of the sentence.
- The word "by" is usually introduced before the subject.
In the above sentence, the subject is “the bank manager”, the verb is “convinced”, and the object is “me”.
The only option that reverses the given sentence correctly without changing the tense (simple present tense) is option B.
Hence, (B) is the correct answer.
This question is asked in various competitive exams, including SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS exams like IBPS PO, IBPS SO, IBPS CLERK, IBPS SO, and especially in SSC Examination. In order to understand how to solve this kind of question, one needs to regularly practice and keep oneself updated. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills to excel in these exams.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More
UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key | UPSC 2021 Answer Key Set A, B, C and D and CSAT 2021 Answer KeyRead More