In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word that best expresses the meaning of the word given.
Correct Answer : c ) EffectExplanation :
The word “implemented” is the past participle of the word “implement”, which means, “to put into effect”.
Let us look at the meaning of the words provided to see which word is most opposite to the word in question.
- Cancel means to neutralize or negate the effect of (another).
- Complete refers to finish doing something.
- Effect is the result of particular influence.
- Erect means to raise something to a vertical position.
- Invoke is to bring into effect.
From the above meanings, we can conclude that “effect” and “erect” can be eliminated as they are neither synonyms nor antonyms of the word in question.
Also, we can see that “complete” and “invoke” are synonyms of “implemented” and can be ruled out.
The only word, most similar to “implemented” is “effect”.
Hence, (c) is the correct answer.
Antonyms- Synonyms type of question is asked in various government exams like State PCS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB NTPC, etc.