Choose the most appropriate option to change the narration (direct / indirect) of the given sentence.
Megha said that she had been watching the movie with great interest.
Correct Answer : c ) Megha said, "I was watching the movie with great interest."Explanation :
The given sentence is in indirect speech; we need to change it to direct.
In direct speech,
- Past perfect (had been watching) changes to Simple Past tense (was watching)
- Reporting verb remains the same i.e., said.
- Third person pronoun (she) changes to ‘I’ as per the subject i.e., ‘Megha’.
- Commas and inverted commas replace ‘that’.
- Complement part (with great interest) takes no change.
The direct form is- Megha said, "I was watching the movie with great interest."
Hence, (C) is the correct answer.
The Narration type of question of English Language section is being asked in government jobs exams like Banking, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SBI CLERK, various IBPS exams. Attempting this question will help you learn a new grammar concept. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills in order to excel in these exams.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More
UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key | UPSC 2021 Answer Key Set A, B, C and D and CSAT 2021 Answer KeyRead More
UP Special Current Affairs 2021 | UP Special News for UPPCS from July 2020 - September 2021Read More