Choose the most appropriate option to change the narration (direct / indirect) of the given sentence.
Megha said that she had been watching the movie with great interest.
Correct Answer : c ) Megha said, "I was watching the movie with great interest."Explanation :
The given sentence is in indirect speech; we need to change it to direct.
In direct speech,
- Past perfect (had been watching) changes to Simple Past tense (was watching)
- Reporting verb remains the same i.e., said.
- Third person pronoun (she) changes to ‘I’ as per the subject i.e., ‘Megha’.
- Commas and inverted commas replace ‘that’.
- Complement part (with great interest) takes no change.
The direct form is- Megha said, "I was watching the movie with great interest."
Hence, (C) is the correct answer.
The Narration type of question of English Language section is being asked in government jobs exams like Banking, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SBI CLERK, various IBPS exams. Attempting this question will help you learn a new grammar concept. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills in order to excel in these exams.