Given below are four jumbled sentences. Pick the option that gives their correct order.
- Why is this story written and published?
- When the story first came out, in the New England Magazine about 1891, a Boston physician made a protest in The Transcript.
- Many and many a reader has asked that.
- Such a story ought not to be written, he said; it was enough to drive anyone mad to read it.
Correct Answer : c ) ACBDExplanation :
The paragraph discusses the story published early in 1891, which faced a lot many questions and objections.
- The first sentence will be ‘A’, which carries a question that people have been asking.
- Following ‘A’ will be ‘C’ as it refers back to the question asked in ‘A’. It states that many people have asked the same question.
- One incident as an example has been mentioned in ‘B’. It is of a physician who protested when story came out for the first time.
- In addition to ‘B’ what did the physician say about the book has been quoted in ‘D’. So, ‘D’ follows ‘B’.
Hence, (c) is the correct answer.
The Para Jumble type of question of English Language section is being asked in government jobs exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SBI CLERK, various IBPS exams. Attempting this question will help you understand the concept in a better way. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills in order to excel in these exams.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Result and SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Cut off of SSC CGL 2019 Declared | Check HereRead More