Which of the following statements is not true about Inner Planets?
Correct Answer : c ) They do not have solid surfaces and are gaseous bodies.Explanation :
The eight planets in the solar system are divided into two groups- Inner planets or Terrestrial planets and Outer or Jovian planets or gaseous planets.
Inner planets include Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars, while Outer Planets include Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
Features of Inner Planets
- These are also known as Terrestrial planets or Rocky planets.
- They are nearer to the Sun, move faster and have a shorter period of revolution.
- Thin and rocky crust; mantle is rich in iron and magnesium.
- They have solid surfaces.
- No ring systems are present around them.
- Thin atmosphere
- Very less number or no natural satellite
Hence, (c) is the correct answer.
Questions related to Geography are asked in various competitive exams like State PCS, UPSC CDS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB NTPC, UP SI, etc.
Read Daily Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Hindi Current Affairs, Word of the Day, Study Material for GK, Study Material for Quant and attempt free mock tests at PendulumEdu and boost your preparation for the actual exam.