Which of the following is not a method of solving the problem of land degradation?
Correct Answer : b ) DeforestationExplanation :
Land Degradation is the reduction or loss of biological or economic productivity of the land.
There are many ways to solve the problems of land degradation. Some of them are as follows:
- Proper management of grazing
- Planting of shelter belts of plants
- Stabilization of sand dunes by growing thorny bushes
- Proper discharge and disposal of the industrial effluents
- Proper management of wastelands
- Control of mining activities, etc.
Hence, (b) is the correct answer.
Questions related to Environment and Ecology are asked in competitive exams like UPSC CSE, State PCS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB NTPC, CDS, UP SI, etc.
Read Daily Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Hindi Current Affairs, Word of the Day, Study Material for GK, Study Material for Quant and attempt free mock tests at PendulumEdu and boost your preparation for the actual exam.