Choose the most appropriate option to change the narration (direct / indirect) of the given sentence.
Aisha said to me, "You may approve the files which are already marked".
Correct Answer : d ) Aisha told me that I might approve the files which are already marked.Explanation :
The given sentence is in direct speech; we need to change it to indirect.
- When Reporting verb in past Tense and reported speech is having "may" after subject + First form of Verb.
- Then we change "may" to "might" + First form of the verb (approve).
- Reporting verb (said to) changes to ‘told’.
- ‘You’ changes to ‘I’ according to the object i.e., ‘me’.
- Commas and inverted commas are omitted and ‘that’ is placed.
The indirect form is – ‘Aisha told me that I might approve the files which are already marked.’
Hence, (d) is the correct answer.
The Direct Indirect Speech type of question of English Language section is being asked in government jobs exams like Banking, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SBI CLERK, various IBPS exams. Attempting this question will help you learn a new grammar concept. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills in order to excel in these exams.
Word Of The Day
Noun: A hard rigid usually large covering of an animal.; The outside part of a fruit or seed.; Something like an external structure that resembles a shell.; A casing without substance.; The hard exterior of an egg.; A hard enclosing cover.
Verb: To take out of the shell.; To fall out of the shell.; To cast the external covering.; To gather shells from a beach.
"My mother collected shells at the beach."View More