Choose the most appropriate option to change the narration (direct / indirect) of the given sentence.
Aisha said to me, "You may approve the files which are already marked".
Correct Answer : d ) Aisha told me that I might approve the files which are already marked.Explanation :
The given sentence is in direct speech; we need to change it to indirect.
- When Reporting verb in past Tense and reported speech is having "may" after subject + First form of Verb.
- Then we change "may" to "might" + First form of the verb (approve).
- Reporting verb (said to) changes to ‘told’.
- ‘You’ changes to ‘I’ according to the object i.e., ‘me’.
- Commas and inverted commas are omitted and ‘that’ is placed.
The indirect form is – ‘Aisha told me that I might approve the files which are already marked.’
Hence, (d) is the correct answer.
The Direct Indirect Speech type of question of English Language section is being asked in government jobs exams like Banking, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SBI CLERK, various IBPS exams. Attempting this question will help you learn a new grammar concept. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills in order to excel in these exams.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More
UPSC Prelims 2021 Answer Key | UPSC 2021 Answer Key Set A, B, C and D and CSAT 2021 Answer KeyRead More
UP Special Current Affairs 2021 | UP Special News for UPPCS from July 2020 - September 2021Read More