QOTD-Verbal Reasoning-Choose the option most similar to the word
2019-07-11 | Team PendulumEdu
Solution: The meaning of the word ‘OPINE’ is “holding or giving one’s opinion”.
Let us look at the meaning of the words provided to see which word is similar to the word in question.
- Reject means to dismiss as inadequate, unacceptable, or faulty
- Accept is to agree to something
- Suggest means to state or express an opinion indirectly
- Except means other than something
- Expect is to think or believe something will happen, or someone will arrive
From the above meanings, we can see that the word closest in meaning to the word in question is “SUGGEST”. The other words can therefore, be eliminated.
Hence, (C) is the correct answer.
This type of question is asked in various competitive exams including SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC MTS, SBI PO, SBI CLERK, IBPS PO, and other IBPS exams. In order to understand how to solve this kind of question, one needs to regularly practice and keep oneself updated. PendulumEdu offers a variety of mock tests for you to up your skills in order to excel in these exams.
UPSC Prelims 2021 General Studies Paper 1 and CSAT Question Paper of All Sets and Answer KeyRead More