SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Analysis 2023 - Questions Asked from 14 to 27 July 2023
2023-07-27 | Priyanka Chaudhary
SSC is conducting SSC CGL Tier 1 exam from 14 July to 27 July 2023. Here, we will provide you with a complete analysis of the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. You will get to know about the difficulty level of the questions asked in SSC CGL Tier 1 exam, type of questions asked and good attempts.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Timings
Check out SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 Exam GK Analysis.
Check out SSC CGL 2022 Tier 2 Exam GK Analysis.
SSC CGL Tier 1 paper will only be used to shortlist candidates for the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam and the score of the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will not play any role in the final merit. The Merit list of SSC CGL 2023 will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam only.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
Number of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
A comprehensive time of 1 hour is allotted.
PendulumEdu provides you with SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Analysis after each day exam is conducted.
Check out SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam GK questions now!!!
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 14 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Citizenship related articles?
Ans: Article 5-11
2. AFC Women’s football Asian Cup 2022 hosted by which country?
Ans: India--- Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, and Pune
3. Nobel prize 1901 in chemistry/ Physics was given to:
Ans: The first Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded in 1901 to Jacobus Henricus van't Hoff
X-rays were discovered in 1895 by Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen, who received the first Nobel Prize in Physics in 1901
4. What is the BPL percentage as per the census 2011?
5. Arrange state according to Tribal population?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh> Maharashtra>Odisha
6. Arujun award is given for
Ans: Outstanding Performance in Sports and Games
7. Who audits the department of government?
8. What lacks in Pteridophytes?
Ans: Pteridophytes lack xylem vessels and phloem
9. Who is the first Indian woman to win gold at the U-20 world championships?
Ans: Antim Panghal
10. Cellular Jail is located in which state/UT?
Ans: Andaman Nicobar
11.Malini Sarabhai is related to which dance?
12. Which one of the following rivers was earlier known as “Vitasta”?
13. Basin of Tapti river is spread to which place?
Ans: Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
14. Which of the following transfers Judge of High court?
15. Dasakathia is a traditional folk art of:
16. In Battle of Chanderi Babar defeated ____________.
Ans: The Battle of Chanderi was fought in the year 1528 between Babur and Medini Rai.
17. Who wrote the play 'Mricchakatika'?
Ans: Sudraka wrote the play 'Mricchakatika'. It was written in Sanskrit in the 2nd century BCE.
18. In which of the following year Republic Day Prade Chief Guest didn’t come?
Ans: 2021 and 2022
19. Mcq related to Rhodophyta or red algae?
20. IPL 2022 winner is:
Ans: Gujarat Titans
21. National Girl Child Day is celebrated on:
Ans: 24 January
22. Who is the current CEO of NITI Aaayog?
Ans: B. V. R. Subrahmanyam
23. Tropic of cancer cross which of the following rivers in India?
Ans: Rihad, Sone, Betwa
24. Amjad Ali khan is related to which instrument?
25. In 1875, Which of the following organization was established?
Ans: Arya Samaj
26. Who was the chief guest of Republic Day Prade 2023?
Ans: Egyptian President Mr Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
27. Who is the Father of Indian Constitution?
Ans: Dr. B R Ambedkar
28. Question related to Article 31 and Article 44?
Ans: Uniform Civil Code - Article 44
29. Who was the founder of chola dynasty?
30. Who won the Nobel peace prize in 2021?
Ans: Maria Ressa of the Philippines and Dmitry Muratov of Russia received the Prize “for their courageous fight for freedom of expression”.
31. Who won Singles Title at 82nd National Table Tennis Championship?
Ans: Manika Batra
32. Onam is a festival of which state?
33. The FIFA World Cup 2022 Opening Ceremony took place at?
Ans: Qatar---- Argentina has won the FIFA World Cup 2022 by defeating France
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 17 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Ahmed Khan is related to which instrument?
2. Part IX B of the constitution is related to:
Ans: Part IXB of the Constitution grants constitutional status to co-operative societies
3. Resistivity is highest in :
Ans: Nichrome has the highest resistivity
4. Kumaon is between which Himlayan rivers:
Ans: Sutlej and Kali
5. In, N-E Monsson which states receives rainfall:
Ans: Tamil Nadu, south-inner Karnataka, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Puducherry and Kerala.
6. Baanganga festival is celebrated in which parts of Maharashtra?
Ans: Malabar Hills
7. 36th National Games in 2022 in which state?
Ans: Gujarat hosted the National Games in six cities.
8. First Odissi classical from Odisha received Padma Vibhushan Award?
9. Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Yojana was launched in which five-year plan?
Ans: In 1993, the Prime Minister RozgarYojana (PMRY) scheme was launched. --- Eight plan: 1992-1997
10. Dalkhai folk dance originated from:
Ans: Dalkhai is a popular folk dance of the Adivasis of Odisha. Originates in the Sambalpur district in Odisha.
11. Maski inscription is located in which state?
The first edict of Emperor Ashoka contained the name Asoka
12. Which country has won the most Gold medals in Tokyo Olympics?
Ans: USA- 39
13. Chemical Formula of propane:
Ans: Propane (C3 H8)
14. Chang Lo dance is related to which state?
15. Second Five-year Plan:
Ans: Mahalanobis model, 1956–1961, rapid Industrialisation
16. 2022 Women’s Cricketer of the Year?
Ans: Nat Sciver
17. Yamini Krishnamurthy is related to which dance?
Ans: Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi styles
18. Anchal Thakur is related to which sports?
Ans: Alpine Skier- Skiing
19. Modern System of education was introduced by:
Ans: Thomas Babington Macaulay- Lord Macaulay’s Minute (1835)
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 18 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Badminton court length:
Ans: The badminton court is 13.4m long and 6.1m wide.
2. Diwali is celebrated in which month as per the Hindi calendar?
3. Gaddam Padmaja Reddy is related to which dance?
4. Method to calculate GDP:
Ans: Income method, expenditure method and production(output) method
5. One Mcq related to social organization:
6. One Mcq related to DPSP?
Ans: Part IV of the Constitution of India (Article 36–51) contains the DPSP.
7. Which of the following is not a freshwater lake?
Ans:Pulicat Lake, Chilka Lake, Sambhar Lake
8. Hemis festival is related to which religion?
Ans: Buddhist community--- Leh
9. Who was the leader of the Bardoli Movement?
Ans: Sardar VallabhBhia Patel
10. In one day, a bowler can bowl a maximum of how many overs?
Ans: 10 overs
11. What percentage of silicon is present in cement?
Ans: The approximate percentage of silica in cement is 17-25%.
12. Kalinga Battle is associated with which of the following rulers?
13. Who appoints State Election Commissioner?
14. Fundamental duties are mentioned in which of the following article?
Ans: Article 51 'A'
15. Which of the following institutions lend money?
16. Who has been appointed as Advisor to World Bank?
Ans: Ranjitsinh Disale--- first Indian teacher to receive the Global Teacher Award
17. Bandipur National Park is famous for which animal?
18. Which festival in the year 2000 was started by Nagaland?
Ans: Hornbill Festival
19. A set of volleyball consists of four games and is played for ________.
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 19 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. PM Modi inaugurated which of the following Airport in November 2022?
Ans: ‘Donyi Polo Airport, Itanagar’ in Arunachal Pradesh
2. Which team has won the Santosh Trophy 2022-23?
3. One Mcq Related to Legislative Assembly
4. Smart Cities Mission in India was launched in which year?
5. 2032 Olympic and Para Olympic will be organized at which Place?
Ans: Brisbane, Australia
6. Birju Maharaj got which award in 1986?
Ans: Padma Vibhushan
Kathak--- exponent of the Lucknow "Kalka-BindadinGharana.
7. At which festival do people break matki by making a Pyramid?
8. How many medals has India won in Tokyo Para Olympics?
Ans: India has won 19 medals at the Paralympic Games – five golds, 8 silvers and 6 bronze medals.
9. Abdur Razzak came during which ruler of Vijayanagara Kingdom?
Ans: Dev Raya II
10. What is the percentage of sulphur in sulphuric acid (H2SO4)?
11. Article 158 is related to:
Ans: Conditions of Governor's office.
12. Article 172 is related to:
Ans: Duration of State Legislatures.
13. Which table Player is called Abbaji?
Ans: Alla Rakha
14. Who wrote the Book Indica?
Ans: Megasthenes--- account of Mauryan Dynasty
15. How many cheetahs have been bought from Namibia at Kuno National Park?
12 cheetahs --- from Africa in 2023
17. National Multidimensional Poverty Index is released by?
Ans: NITI Aayog
18. Moplah revolt is related to which place?
Ans: Kerala --- 1921
19. Which of the following is not a fundamental right?
Ans: Right to Vote
20. Pandit Bhimsen Joshi is related to which music?
Ans: Hindustani classical
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 20 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Winter Olympic games started in which year?
Ans: The first Winter Games were held in Chamonix (France), in 1924.
2. Gidha dance is related to which state?
3. If the interest rate increases then the demand for money will_____________.
4. 1st Lok sabha was started on which date?
Ans: The First Lok Sabha was constituted on 17 April 1952
5. Kambala annual race of buffalo is related to which state?
6. Lipase is an enzyme that helps in the Digestion of?
Ans: Lipases are a family of enzymes that break down triglycerides into free fatty acids and glycerol
7. How many Total waterways are there in 2022?
Ans:111 national waterways
8. Cabinet Mission came to India in which year?
Ans: Lord Pethick Lawrence--- 1946
Cripps Mission- 1942
9. National Urban Health Mission was launched in which year?
Ans: May 1, 2013
10. Who became the 23rd Women Grandmaster of India?
Ans: Priyanka Nutakki becomes the 23rd Woman Grandmaster of India
11. Chairman of 22nd Law Commission of India is :
Ans: Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi
12. Who signed the Poona Pact with Mahatma Gandhi?
Ans: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar--- 24 September 1932
13. First Chief Election Commissioner of India?
Ans: Sukumar Sen
14. What is the time period of a Football Match?
Ans: 90 minutes with two halves of 45 minutes
15. Who is also called Pancham Da?
Ans: R.D. Burman
16. Plan holiday was for which period?
Ans:1966 - 69 period--- Rolling Plan in India (1978-1980)
17. Fundamental rights have been taken from which country's constitution?
Ans: Constitution of the USA
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 21 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Value and preserve the rich heritage of the country’s composite culture is mentioned in which article?
Ans: Article 51 A
2. Alberuni came during which ruler?
Ans:Muhammad of Ghazni---1017---Kitab ul-Hind
3. Chandragupta Maurya defeated which Nanda Ruler?
4. Panthi folk dance belongs to which of the following states?
Ans: Satnami community of Chhattisgarh.
5. Which of the following is known as Lender of Last?
6. Narmada originates from which place?
7. Sex Ratio - match of the following state-wise?
8. 2022 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup held date:
Ans: 11–30 October--- India hosted---Spain winner
9. Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana completed how many years in 2022?
Ans: 2014 started- 8 years in 2022
10. Which of the following crops is related to the Zaid season?
Ans: Zaid Crops are crops that are sown in March and harvested in June.
Ex- Watermelon, muskmelon, vegetables
11. Supreme Court starts with which article?
Ans: Articles 124-147----- Articles 214 to 231 High Court
12. Periodic Table related Mcq
13. Article 25 is related to:
Ans: Freedom of conscience and free profession, practice and propagation of religion.
14. Straight/ Cover drive term is related to which sports?
15. Article 141 is related to:
Ans: Supreme Court's decisions were binding on all courts in India.
16. Pandit Kishan Maharaj is related to which instrument?
17. India’s largest freshwater lake?
Ans: Wular Lake
18. V. Satyanarayana Sarma is related to which Indian classical dance?
Ans: Kuchipudi---Andhra Pradesh
19. G-20 Infrastructure working group first meeting held at which place?
20. What was the mascot of the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo?
Ans: The mascot for the Tokyo Games is called Miraitowa.
21. Iron and Blood policy was adopted by which ruler?
22. Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana related question
Ans: Launched: 30 March 2020
PM-KISAN scheme---24 February 2019 in Gorakhpur
23. DNA-RNA related to Mcq
24. Atal Pension Yojana age group?
Ans:18 to 40 years
25. Fundamental rights mention in which Part of the constitution?
Ans: Part III
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 24 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Rovers Cup is related to which sport?
Ans: Football---- Thomas Cup: Badminton
2. Atal Tunel is located in which state/UT?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh--- 9.02 kilometres long--Manali and the Lahaul-Spiti valley.
3. Bastar 75-day Dusherra is celebrated in which state?
4. Bharatnatyam originated from which state?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
5. DPSP has been taken from which of the following constitution?
Ans: Irish Constitution
6. Article 323 is related to:
Ans: Reports of Public Service Commissions--Upsc
7. Jawahar Rojgar Yojana was launched in which five-year plan?
Ans: 7th five-year plan---1989
One MCQ related to Cell Membrane:
8. Right to education is related to which Article?
Ans: Article 21-A--free and compulsory education of all children in the age group of six to fourteen
9. International Booker Prize 2022 winner?
Ans: Tomb of Sand, written by Geetanjali Shree
10. Kalji festival is related to which state?
11. How many Fundamental duties are in the Indian constitution?
12. Which country hosted the FIFA 2022 world cup?
Ans: Qatar from 20 November to 18 December 2022
13. What was the name of the cloth market during Allaudin Khilji
14. Ashoka Fought Kalinga Battle after how many years of his coronation?
Ans: Ashoka fought the Kalinga War in 261 BC ---- 8 years of coronation.
15. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana was launched ?
16. Ryotwari system was first started at which place?
Ans: 1820 by Thomas Munro and Charles Reed--- Madras Presidency
17. Who was the captain of the U-19 Indian Cricket team in 2022?
Ans: Yash Dhull
18. Who is known as the father of Modern Dance?
Ans: Uday Shankar
19. Which of the following ports is located on the west coast?
Ans: Mumbai, Kandla, Mangalore, JNPT, Mormugao, and Cochin.
20. Ustad Hassu Khan is related to which Gharana?
Ans: Ustad Hassu Khan, Ustad Haddu Khan and Ustad Nathu Khan are associated with Gwalior Gharana.
21. Majuli festival is associated with which state?
22. A minor planet, between Mars and Jupiter, has been named after:
Ans: Pandit Jasraj
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 25 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. DPSP has been taken from which constitution?
Ans: Articles 36-51 under Part-IV---DPSP---Constitution of Ireland,
2. Luddi dance is related to which state?
3. Fundamental duty has been taken from which country's constitution?
4. Who was the Mughal ruler during the Third Battle of Panipat?
Ans: Shah Alam II
5. Who was the Prime Minister during the first five-year plan?
Ans: Jawahar Lal Nehru
6. Dogri festival is related to which religion?
Ans: Hinduism--- Himachal Pradesh
7. The 2022 Commonwealth Games was organized in which country?
Ans: Birmingham, England
8. What is the Population density of India as per the census 2011?
Ans: 382 ---Bihar is the most thickly populated state (1106 persons/sq km.)
9. India won how many bronze medals in Tokyo Para Olympics?
Ans: Total- 19---- 5 Gold, 8 silver, 6 bronze
10. Tamladu festival is celebrated in which state?
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
11. Who appoints the Solicitor General of India?
The Solicitor General of India (SGI) is subordinate to the Attorney General for India.
12. Who among the following is a Santoor player?
Ans: Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma
13. Article 365 of the Constitution is related to:
Ans: Article 365: As per this Article, President’s Rule can be imposed if any state fails to comply with all directions given by the Union.
14. The Zamindari system was introduced by:
Ans: Lord Cornwallis in 1793 through Permanent Settlement
15. Khelo University first was held at which place?
Ans: First-ever Khelo India University Games at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
First Khelo India Youth Games- New Delhi-- 2018
16. One Mcq related to Neurons
17. Raut Nacha is a folk dance of which state?
18. What are group 17 and group 18 elements?
Ans: Elements of group 17 are called halogens. Elements of group 18 are called inert gas elements or noble gases.
19. Who was appointed as Deputy Election Commissioner in October 2022?
Ans: Ajay Bhadoo
20. Amartya Sen was awarded Nobel Prize in which year?
Ans: 1998 ---for his contributions to welfare economics.
21. Who has been appointed as the new Attorney General of India in September 2022?
Ans: R Venkataramani
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 26 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Woods Dispatch was introduced in which year?
Ans: 1854--- Charles Wood- 'Magna-Carta' of English Education in India.
2. Indian Olympic Association was formed in which year?
3. Tribuatries of river related Mcq
4. Who gave the theory of Chemical bonding?
Ans: Gilbert N. Lewis
5. The smallest unit of the Early Vedic period was:
Ans: Kula was the smallest unit headed by Kulpa and Jana was the biggest unit headed by Rajan
6. NHAI was established in which year?
Ans: National Highways Authority of India was formed under the NHAI Act in 1988.
7. Which act started the bicameral legislature in the Centre?
Ans: The government of India act, 1919----Upper House (Council of State) and a Lower House (Legislative Assembly).
8. 1st Tokyo Para Olympic was organized in which year?
9. How many fundamental rights are there in Part III of the Indian constitution?
Ans: six fundamental rights: Right to Equality, Right to Freedom, Right against exploitation, Right to Freedom of Religion, Cultural and Educational Rights and Right to Constitutional Remedies.
10. Right against exploitation is mentioned in which article of the constitution?
Ans: Articles 23 and 24
11. Which team won the T-20 World Cup 2021?
Ans: Australia won the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021 by defeating New Zealand
12. Dipika Pallikal is related to which sport?
13. Bihu is celebrated how many times in a year?
Ans: Bohag Bihu' is celebrated in the month of 'Bohag' (Baisakh, the middle of April),
'Magh Bihu' is celebrated in the month of 'Magh' (the middle of January),
'Kati Bihu' is celebrated in the month of 'Kati' (Kartik, the middle of October)
14. Diwan-i-Bandagan was a department for:
Ans: Slaves--- Feroz Shah Tughlaq
15. NABARD was established in which year?
Ans: 12 July 1982
16. Article 247 is related to:
Ans: Parliament's authority to establish new or additional courts for the administration of justice.
17. Local self-government was first introduced in India by:
Ans: Lord Ripon
18. BharOS operating system has been developed by which IIT?
Ans: IIT Madras
19. Alarmel Valli is related to which dance other than Bharatanatyam?
Ans: Pandanallur style
20. Who was the founder of the Bahmani Kingdom?
Ans: Alauddin Hasan Bahaman Shah in 1347----Muslim state of the Deccan in southern India
21. Which is the largest lake in India in terms of area?
Ans: Chilka Lake---Odisha
SSC CGL Tier 1 GK Questions of 27 July 2023 - All Shifts
1. Hojagiri dance is related to which state?
2. Which of the following is celebrated as the Tamil New Year?
3. Which dance used to be performed at the temple of Lord Jagannatha at Puri by devadasi?
Ans: Mahari dance
4. Who became the second CDS of India?
Ans: Lt General Anil Chauhan
5. Who has the shortest tenure as president of India?
Ans: Zakir Hussian---first Muslim president of India--third President of India
6. Which state in India has the highest percentage of the Hindu population in 2011?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh
7. Congress was established in which year?
Ans: 28th December—1885
8. Rickey Kej won the Grammy award for which Album in 2022?
Ans: "Divine Tides"
9. Which chemical is present in garlic?
Ans: Garlic contains at least 33 sulfur compounds
10. Kelucharan Mohapatra is related to which dance?
11. In a T-20 match, a bowler can bowl a maximum of how many overs?
Ans: 4 overs
12. A free kick is related to which sports?
13. Which five-year plan is based on Hard Domar Model?
Ans: First Five-Year Plan was based on the Harrod–Domar model
The second Five Year Plan was based on Mahalanobis Model.
Fifth Five-Year Plan (Gadgil Yojana)--- based on the D.P.Dhar model
14. Chitranjan Das formed Sawaraj Party with which leader?
Ans: Motilal Nehru--- 1923
15. Sonal Man Singh is associated with which dance other than Bharatnatyam?
Ans: Odissi dancing style
16. Acetic acid is also commonly known as:
17. Who first introduced the Doctrine of Lapse?
Ans: Lord Dalhousie
18. Which insurance scheme was launched for the 18-50 age group people?
Ans: Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana-- Rs. 436/- per annum.
19. India’s first aluminium factory was established at which place?
Ans: Indian Aluminium Company (INDAL) in 1938--Hirakud (Orissa),
20. What is the nature of Fundamental Duty?
Ans: Fundamental duties are not enforceable in nature.
21. Which country will host the 2026 FIFA world cup?
Ans: Canada, Mexico, and the United States