- 1. Nationwide Lockdown 5.0/ Unlock 1.0 starts from today
- 2. Central government announced Mudra Shishu loan
- 3. Donald Trump spoke of the expansion of the G-7 group
- 4. June 1: World Milk Day
- 5. Britain proposes to create a new organization of 10 democracy countries
- 6. Government of India invited bids to roll-out One Sun One World One Grid Scheme
- 7. NASA’s Space-X Demo-2 mission launched
- 8. Government of Chhattisgarh will give agriculture status to lac cultivation
- 9. ASI obtains 9th-century Shiva lingam in the Cham temple complex of Vietnam
- 10. May 31: World No Tobacco Day
- 11. Inauguration of India’s National Artificial Intelligence Portal
Special Offer get 25% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS25
1. Nationwide Lockdown 5.0/ Unlock 1.0 starts from today
- The first phase of nationwide unlock has started from today.
- Under this, permission has been granted to reopen most of the activities across India.
- The government had recently issued directions to unlock the country slowly in 3 phases.
- Now lockdown is limited to restricted areas only i.e. containment zones.
- Meanwhile, several states have also issued guidelines for the lockdown 5.0 or unlock-1.
- It is known that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, four phases of lockdown have been completed in the country since 25 March 2020.
2. Central government announced Mudra Shishu loan
- Recently the central government has announced Mudra Shishu loan for small businesses and cottage industries.
- Under this scheme, 1500 crores interest subvention has been announced for small business and cottage industries. One lakh beneficiaries can avail interest benefit of 2% for one year.
- Also, the government has announced a package of Rs 5000 crore for roadside hawkers.
- Under this, 50 lakh street vendors can take loans up to Rs 10,000 from any nationalized bank.
(Source: News on AIR)
3. Donald Trump spoke of the expansion of the G-7 group
- Recently, US President Donald Trump has spoken of the expansion of the G-7 group.
- Trump has proposed to postpone the G-7 summit to be held in June to September.
- He also stressed the need to include other important and emerging democracies in this group.
- He plans to invite Russia, South Korea, Australia, and India to this group.
- G7 Group:
- It is an intergovernmental organization that was founded in 1975.
- Its members include France, Italy, Canada, Japan, Germany, USA and UK.
- The United States is the chairman of this group for the year 2020.
4. June 1: World Milk Day
- World Milk Day is observed every year on 1 June.
- Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu has greeted the people on the occasion.
- World Milk Day is the International Day established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- This day explains the importance of milk as a global food.
- World Milk Day was first observed in the year 2001.
5. Britain proposes to create a new organization of 10 democracy countries
- Recently Britain has proposed to create a new organization of 10 democracy countries.
- The name of this new organization will be D-10 i.e. Democracy-10.
- The group will include India, South Korea and Australia along with G-7 countries- UK, US, Italy, Germany, France, Japan and Canada.
- The goal of this proposed group is to reduce dependency on China for critical 5-G technical equipment and bring other countries together on one platform to build alternative suppliers of these technologies.
- Britain or the United Kingdom is an island nation in northwestern Europe.
- It is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Its capital is London and the currency is Pound sterling.
6. Government of India invited bids to roll-out One Sun One World One Grid Scheme
- Recently, the Government of India has invited bids to roll-out One Sun One World One Grid Scheme (OSOWOG).
- The plan focuses on a framework to build a global ecosystem of mutually renewable energy resources primarily solar energy and to facilitate global cooperation in this direction.
- The scheme can also support the International Solar Alliance co-founded by India.
- Under this scheme, the solar spectrum is easily divided into two broad areas, keeping India in the middle.
- It includes countries like Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia etc. in the Far East. While the Far West covers the Middle East and Africa region.
- Through this proposed integration plan, the project cost of all participating institutions will be reduced and efficiency will be increased.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA):
- This alliance was established in 2015 in collaboration with India and France.
- Its main objective is to reduce the use of conventional energy by using solar energy efficiently.
- Currently, it has 67 member countries.
7. NASA’s Space-X Demo-2 mission launched
- Recently the NASA’s Space-X Demo-2 mission has been launched via SpaceX’s falcon 9 rocket carrying a crew Dragon spacecraft.
- This is the first human space flight of private sector commercial company Space-X to ISS.
- In this spacecraft, two NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley have gone into space.
- Hurley and Behnken are NASA's most experienced astronauts. Harley is made the commander of this mission.
- They will test the Crew Dragon and conduct research with the crew of ISS Expedition 63 currently present at the ISS residence.
- After 2011, a spacecraft has gone to space carrying American astronauts from US.
8. Government of Chhattisgarh will give agriculture status to lac cultivation
- Recently, Chhattisgarh government will give agriculture status to lac cultivation.
- Once the lac cultivation gets the status of agriculture, the farmers associated with lac production will also be able to take loans easily through cooperative societies like other farmers.
- Chhattisgarh is one of the top producers of lac in India.
- Lac is a type of resin that is used in various industries, especially in making jewelery.
- Lac is traditionally cultivated by growers on palash, safflower and berry trees.
- Lac is obtained from an insect called Kerria lacca.
- A state in central India known for its temples and waterfalls.
- Its capital is Raipur.
- The State Governor is Anusuiya Uike and Chief Minister is Bhupesh Baghel.
9. ASI obtains 9th-century Shiva lingam in the Cham temple complex of Vietnam
- Recently, the Archaeological Survey of India has unearthed the 9th century Shiva lingam during restoration work in the Cham temple complex of Vietnam.
- The Cham Temple complex is a part of Mai Sun, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Quang Nam Province, Vietnam.
- It was built in the 9th century AD during the reign of King Indravarman II in collaboration with the famous Dong Dong Buddhist monastery in the same region.
- It underlines the civilizational engagement between the two countries and is also a great cultural example of India's development partnership.
- Archaeological Survey of India (ASI):
- It is an Indian government agency associated with the Ministry of Culture.
- It is responsible for the archaeological research of India and the preservation and preservation of cultural monuments in the country.
- It was founded in 1861 by Alexander Cunningham.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi.
(Source: The Financial Express)
10. May 31: World No Tobacco Day
- World No Tobacco Day is observed every year on 31 May.
- This annual campaign is an opportunity to raise awareness to reduce the use of tobacco product to enhance people's health.
- This day was brought into effect in 1987 by the World Health Organization.
- The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2020 is “Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine use”.
- The theme of World No Tobacco Day in 2019 - Tobacco and Lung Health and in 2018, it was Tobacco and Heart Disease.
- According to the WHO, tobacco use annually kills more than 8 million people worldwide.
- Consumption of any type of tobacco reduces lung capacity and increases the severity of respiratory diseases.
11. Inauguration of India’s National Artificial Intelligence Portal
- Recently the India’s National Artificial Intelligence Portal has been inaugurated by IT Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- The purpose of this portal is to promote Artificial Intelligence among school students.
- The portal has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT and the IT industry.
- The portal will be jointly operated by National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM of IT industry.
- The portal will serve as a one stop digital platform for AI related development in India.
- Documents, case studies, research reports etc. can also be shared through this portal.