- 1. Central Government launched PM Svanidhi Yojana
- 2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the CHAMPIONS Platform in New Delhi
- 3. Government announced increase in MSP of 14 kharif crops
- 4. DRDO developed a disinfection unit called Ultra Swachh
- 5. Prepared to deal with Gujarat cyclone Nisarga
- 6. Online portal Skill Register launched in Himachal Pradesh
- 7. Three more states covered under the One Nation, One Ration Card Scheme
- 8. Uttar Pradesh is the first state in the country to produce one lakh beds for treatment of COVID-19
- 9. Election Commission announced the election date for the remaining seats of Rajya Sabha
- 10. June 2: Telangana Foundation Day
New Year Offer get 20% Off
Use Coupon code PENDULUMEDU
1. Central Government launched PM Svanidhi Yojana
- Recently the Central Government has launched the Prime Minister Street Vendor Atmanirbhar Nidhi i.e. PM Svanidhi Yojana.
- The scheme is intended to help revival of their businesses closed due to COVID-19 by providing special micro loan facility to street vendors.
- The period of the scheme is till March 2022.
- The scheme aims to benefit the 5 million urban businessmen who used to do the same before March 24 this year. For the first time, street vendors from semi-urban or rural areas have been brought under the Urban Livelihood Program.
- Through this scheme, such businessmen can avail a working capital loan up to Rs 10,000 which will have to be repaid in installments within a year.
- Individuals who pay the debt on time will not only be entitled to interest subvention but will easily get another loan of Rs 20,000 or more in future.
(Source: News on AIR)
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the CHAMPIONS Platform in New Delhi
- Recently the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched the CHAMPIONS Platform in New Delhi.
- Technology-based solutions i.e. CHAMPIONS platform aims to provide all the solutions in one place for all micro, small and medium enterprises in the country.
- On this platform, complaints related to MSME sector with finance, raw materials and all kind of permission will also be resolved.
- This platform will prove to be helpful in increasing production by strengthening the MSME sector.
(Source: News on AIR)
3. Government announced increase in MSP of 14 kharif crops
- Recently the government has announced an increase in the minimum support price by up to 83% for 14 kharif crops.
- This will enable the farmers to get better price for their crop.
- The government has raised the minimum support price of paddy by Rs 53 per quintal to Rs 1,868 per quintal. It has been decided to increase the minimum support price of cotton by Rs 260 to Rs 5,515 per quintal.
- In addition, the government has extended the short-term loan repayment date to August for agriculture and allied activities. This decision will provide relief to those farmers who had to repay their loans between March 1 and August 31, 2020.
- Minimum Support Price (MSP):
- This is an agricultural product price set by the Government of India to buy crops directly from the farmer.
- It is a guaranteed price for the produce of the farmer by the government.
- The Minimum Support Price is announced by the Government of India at the beginning of the sowing season for some crops based on the recommendations of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP).
- The main objective is to get the farmers out of the crisis and purchase food grains for public distribution.
4. DRDO developed a disinfection unit called Ultra Swachh
- Recently Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has developed a disinfection unit called Ultra Swachh.
- It can disinfect personal protective equipment, electronics items, including clothes and many other materials.
- Ultra Swachh is available in two variants, namely Ozonated Space and Trinetra Technology.
- This unit has been developed by DRDO's Delhi-based laboratory, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, in association with Jail Craft Health Care Pvt Ltd.
- The system conforms to international norms of industrial, commercial, personal and environmental protection.
- It involves the use of ozone-based space technology to eliminate infection through sophisticated oxidation processes.
5. Prepared to deal with Gujarat cyclone Nisarga
- Gujarat administration is ready to deal with the cyclone Nisarga coming in Arabian Sea.
- The storm is likely to hit the south Gujarat coast by June 3.
- Ten teams of NDRF and five teams of SDRF have been deployed in the coastal districts of South Gujarat.
- Tropical cyclone:
- A cyclone is a low-pressure system with very high winds around it.
- Conditions for tropical cyclones are as follows - sufficiently warm sea surface, atmospheric instability, high humidity in low to medium levels of the troposphere and sufficient Coriolis force to maintain a low pressure center, etc.
- The name Nisarga is suggested by Bangladesh.
(Source: News on AIR)
6. Online portal Skill Register launched in Himachal Pradesh
- Recently online portal Skill Register was launched in Himachal Pradesh.
- This portal will create an efficient database of migrants entering the state during lockdown in the wake of Corona pandemic.
- This skill register will help in providing information about skilled manpower to the industries.
- Interested persons can register on this online portal.
- Himachal Pradesh:
- It is a North Indian state.
- The Governor of this state is Bandaru Dattatreya and Chief Minister is Jai Ram Thakur.
- State capitals are Shimla (summer) and Dharamshala (winter).
7. Three more states covered under the One Nation, One Ration Card Scheme
- Recently three more states, Odisha, Sikkim and Mizoram were included under one nation one ration card scheme.
- Under this system, ration card holders under the National Food Security Act will be able to get their quota ration available at affordable prices from any government shop across the country.
- Presently, this facility has become available in 17 states and union territories.
- Continuous efforts are being made to extend this scheme to other states and for consumers to take advantage of their ration cards in any state as well.
- By 21 March 2021, all states will be included in one nation, one ration card scheme.
- One Nation One Ration Card Scheme has been launched with the objective of enabling poor migrant workers to buy subsidized rice and wheat from any government ration shop in the country.
8. Uttar Pradesh is the first state in the country to produce one lakh beds for treatment of COVID-19
- Recently Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in the country to produce one lakh beds for COVID-19 patients.
- In this state, dedicated beds are available for patients with respective facilities in every 75 districts.
- Here beds in hospitals are classified into three categories. Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. Level one and two beds are for patients exhibiting mild symptoms, while level three beds are for critical infection.
- Uttar Pradesh:
- It is the most populous state in India.
- Chief Minister of the state is Yogi Adityanath and Governor is Anandiben Patel.
- The state capital is Lucknow.
- The state animal of Uttar Pradesh is Swamp deer, State bird Saras Crane, State tree Ashoka and State flower Brahma Kamal.
- Uttar Pradesh has 80 seats in the Lok Sabha and 403 assembly seats.
9. Election Commission announced the election date for the remaining seats of Rajya Sabha
- Recently Election Commission has announced election date for remaining 18 seats of Rajya Sabha.
- The voting for these seats will be held on June 19, 2020.
- These elections will be held in Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya and Rajasthan.
- Rajya Sabha:
- Rajya Sabha is a permanent body and not subject to dissolution. However, one third of the members retire every second year, and newly elected members are appointed in their place.
- The Rajya Sabha consists of a maximum of 250 members, of which 238 members represent the States and Union Territories, and 12 members are nominated by the President.
- Each member is elected for a term of six years.
- The Vice President of India is the ex-officio Chairman of the Rajya Sabha.
(Source: The Hindu)
10. June 2: Telangana Foundation Day
- Telangana Foundation Day is observed every year on 2 June.
- This year marks the 6th anniversary of the state.
- It came into existence officially as the 29th state of the country on 2 June 2014, seceding from Andhra Pradesh.
- But at present since the removal of Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir, there are 28 states and 9 union territories in the country.
- K. Chandrasekhar Rao was elected the first Chief Minister of the state after the elections.
- Telangana is a state in southern India.
- Its capital is Hyderabad.
- The Governor of Telangana is Tamilisai Soundararajan and Chief Minister is K. Chandrasekhar Rao.
- Telangana has 17 seats in the Lok Sabha and 119 assembly seats.