Special Offer get 25% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS25
1. Sustainable Development Goals Conference 2020 is being held in Guwahati, Assam
- The Sustainable Development Goals Conference 2020 is being organized by NITI Aayog in Guwahati, Assam.
- The aim of the conference is to promote participation, cooperation and development of the Northeastern states.
- Representatives of North Eastern states, central ministries, educational institutions, social organizations and international departments are participants in this three-day event.
- The conference will have technical sessions on localization of sustainable development goals, economic prosperity and sustainable livelihoods, climate-friendly agriculture, health and nutrition.
2. GSI has clarified that the estimate of huge gold reserves of 3,000 tonnes in Sonbhadra district is incorrect
- GSI has clarified that the huge reserves of 3,000 tonnes of gold in the Sonbhadra district have not been estimated.
- This clarified that the total gold that can be extracted from 52806.25 tonnes of ore resources is about 160 kg and not 3350 tonnes.
- At the same time GSI, Northern region had undertaken several exploration works for gold but the results were not encouraging.
- Geological Survey of India:
- The Geological Survey of India (GSI), established in 1851, is an organization functioning under the Ministry of Mines, Government of India.
- Its headquarters is located in Kolkata.
3. Atal Innovation Mission has contributed significantly in promoting innovation and entrepreneurship across the country
- NITI Aayog's pioneering initiative- Atal Innovation Mission has given a big boost to innovation and entrepreneurship across the country.
- The Atal Innovation Mission was approved in a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 February, 2016.
- Atal tinkering laboratories are being set up in schools under this mission to promote curiosity, creativity and imagination among young talent.
- The aim of this mission is to make the youth skilled in designing imaginativeness and also to promote the trend of thinking through computer.
4. Khelo India University Games launched in Cuttack, Odisha
- Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Khelo India University Games being organized for the first time in Cuttack, Odisha.
- In this way India has joined the category of countries organizing University Games.
- In the competitions, 3400 students from 159 universities across the country will participate in various events.
- Rugby has also been featured in six team events.
- Dutee Chand, a sprinter is also participating in the competition. KIIT University is hosting the competition.
5. Historical Gastronomica-Indus Dining Experience Exhibition in New Delhi
- A unique exhibition called Historical Gastronomica-Indus Dining Experience of Ancient Food of India has been organized at the National Museum, New Delhi.
- The National Museum and One Station Million Stories (OSMS) have jointly organized this exhibition.
- The exhibition showcases the beginning of Harappan culture's food habits, methods of cooking and related architecture.
- The highlight of this exhibition is the food of the Indus-Saraswati civilization, prepared by National Award-winning chef Sabyasachi Gorai.
- This exhibition is a rare opportunity to get information about the food of prehistoric times.
6. Action was initiated to close the 43-year-old Fessenheim nuclear power plant in France
- The French state-run energy company EDF has begun the process of closing the country's 43-year-old Fessenheim nuclear power plant.
- After the accident at the Fukushima plant in Japan in 2011, there was a demand to close the nuclear plant.
- Experts say that the quality of construction of the Fessenheim plant and its safety standards are lower than Fukushima.
- France, located in Western Europe, is famous for medieval cities, alpine villages and Mediterranean beaches.
- Its capital is Paris and the currency is Euro, CFP Franc.
7. Riek Machar, rebel leader from South Sudan, sworn in as the country's first Vice President
- Recently, rebel leader Riek Machar of South Sudan has been sworn in as the country's first Vice President.
- Riek Machar became the first Vice President of South Sudan to serve in transition government for 36 months.
- President Salva Kiir praised the official end of the war and said that peace is now irreversible as a new unity government has been formed after a delay of more than a year.
- South Sudan:
- It is a country located in East-Central Africa. It gained independence from the Republic of Sudan in 2011.
- Its capital is Juba and the currency is the South Sudanese Pound.
8. 13th Conference on conservation of migratory species of fauna concluded at Gandhinagar in Gujarat
- The 13th Conference of the countries signing the United Nations Treaty on Conservation of Migratory Species of Fauna, CMS-COP-13, was concluded at the Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The countries participating in this conference approved the Gandhinagar manifesto for the conservation of migratory species.
- This manifesto emphasizes the importance of migratory species under the new global biodiversity strategy.
- At CMS-COP-13, ten new species have been added to Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals.
- Out of these ten newly added species, seven have been added to Appendix I of the convention.
- Three has been added to Appendix II of the convention,which contains migratory species that require international cooperation.
- Important species added to Appendix I are Asian Elephant, Jaguar, Great Indian Bustard, Bengal Florican and Little Bustard.
- Indian actor Randeep Hooda has been nominated as CMS Ambassadors for Migratory Species until 2023.
9. 24 February: Central Excise Day
- 24 February is celebrated every year as Central Excise Day across the country.
- The day is celebrated by the Central Excise and Customs Department under the Union Ministry of Finance.
- On 24 February 1944, the Central Excise and Salt Act were enacted.
- The purpose of celebrating this day is to tell the common people about the importance of excise and customs.
- Central Excise tax is an indirect tax.
- For indirect taxes, the Goods and Services Tax has been implemented in the country from 1 July 2017.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. Where was the Sustainable Development Goals Conference 2020 held recently?
B. New Delhi
2. Where is the headquarters of the Geological Survey of India located?
D. New Delhi
3. In which year was the Atal Innovation Mission approved?
4. Where was the Khelo India University Games inaugurated recently?
C. Uttar Pradesh
5. Where was the Historical Gastronomica-Indus Dining Experience Exhibition held recently?
A. New Delhi
6. In which country is the Fessenheim nuclear power station located?
7. Recently Riek Machar has been sworn in as the first Vice President of which country?
A. South Sudan
C. South Africa
8. Which Indian actor was nominated as a migrant species ambassador until 2023?
A. Aamir Khan
B. Akshay Kumar
C. Randeep Hooda
D. Anupam Kher
9. Gandhinagar Manifesto is related to which of the following?
A. Conservation of migratory species
B. Energy efficiency
C. Women Safety
D. Financial Inclusion
10. On which day is Central Excise Day observed across the country every year?
A. 24 January
B. 24 February
C. 24 March
D. 24 April