New Year Offer get 20% Off
Use Coupon code PENDULUMEDU
1. National Gallery of Modern Art began a virtual tour of its exhibition
- Recently the National Gallery of Modern Art has started a virtual tour of its exhibition.
- This virtual exhibition by the National Gallery of Modern Art is launched to celebrate 66 years of its inception.
- The Art Institute has launched this virtual tour for the benefit of the audience during the lockdown.
- In this visual tour, sculptures, paintings and prints, hidden treasures of the Art Institute's reserve collection are on display.
- National Gallery of Modern Art:
- It is a major art gallery under the Ministry of Culture.
- Its main museum was established by the Government of India on 29 March 1954 at Jaipur House, New Delhi.
- Apart from this, two branches were later established in Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Presently, Adwaita Gadanayak is the Director-General of the National Gallery of Modern Art.
2. Asian Development Bank provide 100 million dollars for the development of the Indian infrastructure sector
- Recently the Asian Development Bank has announced that it will provide loan of 100 million dollars for the development of Indian infrastructure sector.
- This amount will be provided by the ADB under the Government of India sponsored National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF).
- The Government of India established the NIIF Fund in 2015 with an investment of 40,000 crores to finance commercially viable greenfield, brownfield and stalled infrastructure projects.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB):
- It is a regional development bank.
- It was established on 19 December 1966.
- It is headquartered in Manila, Philippines.
- It aims to promote social and economic development in Asia Pacific region.
- India became a member of ADB in 1996.
- Currently, ADB has 68 members.
3. Government of India extended the period of premium payment for Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance
- Recently, the Government of India has extended the period of premium payment of Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance to 30 April due to the lockdown imposed to prevent the outbreak of Coronavirus in the country.
- No additional fee or penalty will be levied for the late payment.
- This step of the government will benefit about 13 lakh policy holders.
- Postal Life Insurance (PLI) was launched in British India on 1 February 1884, while the Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) scheme was started in 1995 on the recommendation of the Malhotra Committee for the benefit of the rural population.
4. Government extends crop loan refund till 31 May
- Government of India has extended the loan refund for all crops till 31 May 2020 due to national lockdown due to COVID-19.
- The government has decided to give 2% interest subvention benefits to banks.
- Also, for all crop loans up to Rs. 3 lakh given by banks, whose repayment date is between March 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020, all farmers will be given 3% prompt repayment incentive on loan repayment by May 31, 2020.
- This step of the government will help the farmers to repay the loans for extended period at an annual interest of 4% without any penalty.
- Interest subvention means subsidy or rebate given on the interest rate. These mainly focuses on priority sector lending like agriculture, housing, education etc. and are issued by the government from time to time.
5. Start of 'Modi Kitchen' in Tamil Nadu
- Recently Modi kitchen has been started in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- This kitchen has a capacity to serve 500 thali meals every day.
- Arrangements have been made to deliver food parcels within a radius of 10 km through the kitchen.
- The kitchen has been organized by the officers of the Common Service Center.
- This kitchen will serve until April 14 during lockdown.
6. Government of Jharkhand launched Pragyaam Mobile App
- Recently the Government of Jharkhand launched PRAGYAAM mobile app.
- The state government has launched this mobile app with the objective of issuing e-passes to all those involved in the delivery of essential services during the lockdown.
- These passes will be issued to people associated with regular supply services, medical, banking and other essential services.
- This android app is designed locally and can be downloaded from Google Playstore.
- The District Transport Officers are also empowered to issue online e-passes for vehicles after verifying the documents uploaded through the app.
7. Expo 2020 Dubai can be postponed for the next year
- Recently the organizers of Expo 2020 have reported that Expo 2020 Dubai may be postponed for a year due to the global pandemic COVID-19.
- However, the final decision will be taken by the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE).
- The Expo 2020 is a World Expo that was to be organized by the United Arab Emirates, Dubai on October 20, 2020.
- India was also going to take part in the Expo 2020. At the same time, achievements in India's arts and culture, space, pharmaceuticals, information technology, renewable energy and telecom sectors were also to be showcased in the expo.
- Bureau International des Expositions (BIE):
- It is an intergovernmental organization created to monitor international exhibitions.
- It was founded on 22 November 1928.
- Its headquarters are located in Paris, France.
8. North Macedonia has become the 30th member of NATO
- Recently North Macedonia has become the 30th member of NATO.
- North Macedonia:
- North Macedonia is a country in the Balkan Peninsula in Southeast Europe. It became independent from Yugoslavia in 1991.
- Its capital is Skopje and the currency is the Macedonian dinar.
- It was established by the Washington Treaty and is an inter-governmental military alliance.
- It was established on 4 April 1949.
- It is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
9. March 30: Foundation Day of the Indian state of Rajasthan
- Rajasthan celebrates its foundation day every year on 30 March.
- Rajasthan was established as a state on 30 March 1949.
- It is the largest state in India in terms of area.
- Its capital Jaipur was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2019 due to its iconic architectural heritage and vibrant culture.
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan is Ashok Gehlot and Governor is Kalraj Mishra.
- The state has 25 Lok Sabha and 10 Rajya Sabha seats.
- The state has the country's largest inland saltwater Sambhar lake, which is also a Ramsar site.
- The state animal of the state is Chinkara and Camel, the state bird is the Great Indian Bustard and the state flower is Rohira or Tecomella.
10. Chennai Port Trust acquired a 67% stake in Kamarajar Port Limited
- Recently Chennai Port Trust has acquired 67% stake in its subsidiary Kamarajar Port Limited.
- For this, Chennai Port Trust has paid Rs 2,383 crore to Kamarajar Port Limited.
- This agreement has come into force with immediate effect.
- P. Ravindran, chairman of the Chennai Port Trust, stated that the purpose of the purchase is to maximize the existing capacity at KPT and achieve 100 million tonnes of cargo handling in the coming years.
- Kamarajar Port Limited:
- It was formerly known as Ennore Port is located on the Coromandel Coast. It is the 12th major port of India.
- It is the first port in India which is a public company.
11. BP Kanungo re-appointed to the post of Deputy Governor of RBI
- Recently BP Kanungo has been reappointed to the post of Deputy Governor of RBI for a year.
- The Appointments Panel has approved the extension of Kanungo's term as deputy governor of RBI for one year from April 3.
- Apart from BP Kanungo, the other three deputy governors of RBI include NS Vishwanathan, Mahesh Kumar Jain and Michael Patra.
- The affairs of the Reserve Bank are handled by the Central Board of Directors.
- The Central Board of Directors consists of a Governor and a maximum of four Deputy Governors.
- They are appointed by the Government of India in accordance with the Reserve Bank of India Act.
- They are appointed / nominated for a period of four years.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. In which year was the National Gallery of Modern Art established?
2. Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank located?
A. New Delhi
3. In which year was the Rural Postal Life Insurance Scheme launched?
4. Recently in which state Modi kitchen has been started?
B. Madhya Pradesh
D. Tamil Nadu
5. Recently which state government has launched Pragyaam mobile app?
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. West Bengal
6. Where is the headquarters of Bureau International des Exposition located?
B. New Delhi
D. New York
7. Recently North Macedonia has become ______ member of NATO.
8. How many Lok Sabha seats are there in Rajasthan?
9. Which of the following ports is also known as Ennore Port?
A. Kamarajar Port
B. Visakhapatnam Port
C. Jawahar Lal Port
D. Kolkata Port
10. Recently who has been re-appointed to the post of Deputy Governor of RBI?
A. Ananth Kumar
B. BP Kanungo
C. Vishwas Rao
D. Sukumar Sen