Which of the following is not a recognized national party of India?
Correct Answer : d ) Aam Aadmi PartyExplanation :
The Election Commission of India classifies political parties as “national party”, “state party” or “registered (unrecognised) party”.
The Election Symbols (Reservation and Allotment) Order, 1968, lists the condition for being specified as a national or state party.
The Election Commission has recognized the Aam Aadmi Party as a state party, but not as a national party.
List of recognized national parties of India:
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
- Communist Party of India (CPI)
- Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPM)
- Indian National Congress (INC)
- Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
- All India Trinamool Congress (AITC)
- National People’s Party (NPP)
Hence, option (d) is correct.