Daily Current Affairs and GK | 12 and 13 January 2020
1. Which of the following port has been renamed as the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee port? 1. B
1. 150th year of Kolkata Port Trust celebrated
2. National Youth Festival 2020 started in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh on Swami Vivekanand’s birthday
3. Pariksha Pe Charcha will be organized on January 20 by Prime Minister
4. Naval variant of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) made a successful landing on INS Vikramaditya
5. Sayyid Haitham bin Tariq Al Said enthroned as the new Sultan of Oman
6. India became number 1 shooting nation
7. Jasprit Bumrah selected for Polly Umrigar Award
8. Yashaswini scheme for women entrepreneurship launched in Goa
10. India’s 1st cybercrime prevention unit AASHVAST launched in Gandhinagar, Gujarat
10. Hormuz Peace Initiative attended by India
11. Two Indian Coast Guard ships- Annie Besant and Amrit Kaur commissioned at Kolkata
12. Kaziranga National Park has one of the highest wetland bird count in a wildlife reserve in India
Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)
A. Jawaharlal Nehru Port
B. Kolkata Port
C. Mormugao Port
D. Visakhapatnam Port
2. Under which of the following projects, old ports are being modernized and new Ports are also being developed?
A. Sagarmala Project
B. Bharatmala Project
C. Harbour Project
D. None of the above
3. National Youth Day is celebrated every year on 12th January to commemorate the birth anniversary of which of the following significant personalities?
A. Lal Bahadur Shashtri
B. Swami Vivekananda
C. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
D. Bhagat Singh
4. Who is the current chairman of DRDO?
A. K. Sivan
B. R. Subramaniam
C. G. Satheesh Reddy
D. Jaideep Ghosh
5. Sayyid Haitham bin Tariq Al Said has sworn in as the sultan of which country?
6. India has become the number one nation in the world due to its top performance in the year 2019 in which game?
7. Which of the following Indian cricketer received the Polly Umrigar Award?
A. Virat Kohli
B. K L Rahul
C. Jasprit Bumrah
D. Shikhar Dhawan
8. Yashashwini Scheme has been launched recently in which of the following states?
9. A Cybercrime prevention unit has been launched in Gujarat named-
10. India recently attended the Hormuz Peace Initiative that was held in-
11. Which of the following Indian Coast Guard Ships has been commissioned at Kolkata recently?
A. Annie Besant
B. Amrit Kaur
C. Vijayalaxmi Pandit
D. Both A and B
12. Kaziranga National Park is located in-
D. Andhra Pradesh
1. Which of the following port has been renamed as the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee port?