1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi redefined the new business and work culture
- Recently Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has given a call for redefining the new business and work culture.
- According to the Prime Minister, business and work culture should be redefined to the vowels A, E, I, O, U.
- The details of which are as follows-
- A for Adaptability
- E for Efficiency
- I for Inclusion
- O for Opportunity
- U for Universalism
- He also emphasized the need to develop a business model that gives high priority to care for the poor and to accept the most vulnerable.
2. Central government provided some relaxation from April 20 in areas without hotspots of COVID-19
- Recently, the central government has provided some relaxation in the areas without hotspots of COVID-19 from April 20.
- This exemption has been given keeping in mind the daily laborers and marginal farmers and the poor.
- In these areas, safety and social distancing measures will be taken care of.
- Additionally, other regions will have to strictly follow the lockdown 2.0 by 3 May.
- The areas which have been granted exemption are as follows:
- Fishing aquaculture industry
- Food processing industries
- Manufacturing of IT hardware, coal production, mines and mineral products
- Packaging materials manufacturing units in rural areas
- Also, Tea, coffee and rubber plantations are also allowed with a maximum of 50% workers.
- Poultry farms, livestock farming activity allowed.
- IT and IT enabled services with 50% strength.
- Services provided by self-employed individuals such as electricians, IT repairs, plumbers, motor mechanics and carpenters were allowed to operate in non-containment zones.
3. Government launches online data pool of important human resources to control COVID-19
- Recently the central government has launched an online data pool of important human resources to control COVID-19.
- This data pool has been prepared by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- This data has been prepared on www.covidwarriors.gov.in.
- This data pool has been created for the use of grassroots level administration i.e. at state, district or municipal levels.
- The data pool consists of doctors, nurses, other health care professionals, volunteers of National Yuva Kendras, NCC, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana and Ex-servicemen.
- The data pool has state-wise and district-wise listing of human resources from various groups along with contact details of nodal officers.
- The authorities in coordination with nodal officers can prepare crisis management and contingency plans based on available human resources.
- This database can be used to utilise the services of volunteers to maintain social distancing at banks, ration shops, mandis and to provide assistance to the elderly, disabled and orphanages.
- It will enable states and union territories for the mobilization of human resources from one place to another for their effective utilisation.
4. Supreme Court Collegium to recommend the elevation of various judges
- Recently the Supreme Court Collegium has decided to make recommendations regarding appointment and transfer of various judges.
- The major recommendations in this are as follows:
- Appointment of Calcutta High Court Judge Dipankar Datta as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court.
- Appointment of Allahabad High Court Judge Biswanath Somadar as Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court.
- Transfer of Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court Mohammad Rafique to Odisha High Court.
- Supreme Court Collegium:
- The collegium is a group of the Chief Justice of India and the four senior-most judges of the Supreme Court.
- Under this system, decisions of appointment of judges, appointment of lawyers in Supreme Court, promotion and transfer of judges of High Courts and Supreme Court etc. are taken by this group.
- There is no mention of the collegium in the Constitution of India.
- If the collegium sends the names of judges and lawyers to the government for the second time, in that case the recommendations of the collegium are binding on the central government.
5. DGCA instructed airlines to stop booking
- Recently the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has instructed airlines to stop booking.
- There is a lockdown till 3 May and no decision has been taken regarding starting of domestic and international flights from 4 May onwards.
- Therefore, airlines have been instructed not to book tickets.
- The DGCA stated that the airlines would be given proper notice and sufficient time to start the flight.
- Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA):
- The directorate investigates aviation accidents and incidents.
- Its headquarters is located in New Delhi.
- It was founded in 1997.
- It has been granted statutory body status under the Aircraft (Amendment) Bill 2020.
6. Nine people killed in a landslide in Indonesia
- Recently, nine people died due to landslide at an illegal gold mine in Sumatra province, Indonesia.
- These people were digging gold without proper equipment or protective gear.
- Illegal mining and unlicensed mines are prevalent in Indonesia.
- It is a country in Southeast Asia and Oceania between the Indian and Pacific Ocean.
- Its capital is Jakarta and the currency is Indonesian Rupiah.
7. Use of AC does not cause COVID-19 to spread
- Recently the notion has been refuted that ACs should not be used in summer, as they can spread COVID-19.
- The Press Information Bureau has reported that window ACs are completely safe, but central air conditioning is not so safe.
- The assumption is also wrong that high temperatures prevent the spread of COVID-19, as COVID-19 is spreading even in warm weather countries.
- Additionally, there is no evidence that coronavirus is transmitted from pets to humans.
8. Goa COVID-19 Free State
- Recently Goa has been declared a COVID-19 free state.
- This is the first green state in the country in Goa, in which there has been no case of coronavirus since April 3.
- Also, the seven positive cases in the state have now become negative.
- All government offices in Goa will resume 100% work from 20 April 2020.
- Goa is a state in western India, its coastline stretches along the Arabian Sea.
- The Chief Minister of the state is Pramod Sawant and Governor Satya Pal Malik.
- The capital of Goa is Panaji.
- The state bird of Goa is Flame Throated Bulbul, State Animal Gaur and State Tree Matti.
9. Organization of Islamic Cooperation said that Islamophobia is increasing in India
- Recently the Organization of Islamic Cooperation said that Islamophobia is increasing in India.
- The organization says that the Muslim minority community in India is facing discrimination and violence amid the COVID-19 transition.
- A similar comment was made by the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom in the past.
- However, India's Foreign Ministry has denied these things.
- U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF):
- It is a US federal government commission created by the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998.
- It is headquartered in Washington, DC, United States.
- It was founded on October 28, 1998.
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC):
- The Organization of Islamic Cooperation is an international organization, consisting of 57 member nations.
- It is headquartered in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- It was established in 1969.
10. PMC launches ‘Farmer at your doorstep’
- Recently, the Panvel Municipal Corporation has launched the ‘Farmer at your doorstep’ scheme.
- The scheme has been launched with the aim of making it easier for residents to purchase vegetables and fruits during lockdown and to help the farmers.
- Because on the one hand the crop of farmers is getting spoiled due to the lockdown, on the other hand fruits and vegetables are not available to the common people.
- Hence, the scheme provides facilities to farmers of Pune, Sangli, Satara and Nashik to supply fresh farm produce in Panvel, Kalamboli, Kharghar and Kamothe.
- The PMC has also launched an app called Panvel NULM CLC for citizens to register their requirements.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. What is the meaning of vowel ‘O’ as per the new definition of new business and work culture given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
2. How much work force has been given to the IT sector to work with the government after April 20?
3. Recently which ministry has launched online data pool of important human resources to control COVID-19?
A. Ministry of Human Resources
B. Ministry of Defence
C. Ministry of Home Affairs
D. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4. What is correct regarding Supreme Court Collegium?
A. Chief Justice of India and a group of four senior-most judges of the Supreme Court.
B. It is described in the Constitution of India.
C. Both A and B are correct.
D. Both A and B are incorrect.
5. Where is the headquarters of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation located?
C. New Delhi
6. The capital of Indonesia is ___________.
7. Recently which state has been declared COVID-19 free?
D. West Bengal
8. Islamic Cooperation Organization is headquartered in which country?
D. Saudi Arabia
9. Recently which municipal corporation has launched ‘Farmer at your doorstep’?
D. Gandhi Nagar
National Sports Day 2020 | List of Awardees of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, Arjuna Award and other Sports AwardsRead More