- 1. World's highest electric vehicle charging station inaugurated in Himachal Pradesh.
- 2. Pakistan and China conducted joint anti-terror exercise in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province.
- 3. Cyclone ‘Gulab’ hit the coast of Andhra Pradesh.
- 4. PM Modi to launch Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- 5. Lewis Hamilton has created a record to become the first F1 driver in history with the win of 100 Formula 1 races.
- 6. MGR Railway Station of Chennai has become a Green railway fully powered by solar energy.
- 7. World Tourism Day: 27 September
- 8. PM Narendra Modi concludes US visit, reached India.
- 9. World Rivers Day 2021: 26 September
- 10. Naga Cucumber of Nagaland gets GI tag.
- 11. India signed a pact for the joint development of small satellites for Bhutan.
BIGGEST SALE EVER get 35% Off
Use Coupon code FEB24
Topic: State News/ Himachal Pradesh
1. World's highest electric vehicle charging station inaugurated in Himachal Pradesh.
- The world's highest electric vehicle charging station has been inaugurated by district authorities in Kaza of Lahaul and Spiti district in Himachal Pradesh.
- The world's highest electric vehicle charging station has been installed at a height of 500 ft.
- Two women have come from Manali to Kaza on electric scooters to promote the use of the electric vehicle in the region.
- It will help in reducing vehicular pollution and will promote sustainable environment in the region.
- The government is promoting the use of electric vehicles across the Country.
2. Pakistan and China conducted joint anti-terror exercise in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province.
- China and Pakistan conducted a joint anti-terror exercise in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
- The opening ceremony of the Joint Anti-Terrorist Exercise (JATE)-2021 was held at the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
- It has been launched as part of the SCO Regional Anti-Terrorism Structure (RATS). The exercise will promote synergy and interoperability between the army of both countries.
- Counter-Terrorism operations, Compound Clearance, Close Quarter Battle, and medical evacuation operation were part of this joint exercise.
- Regional Anti-Terrorism Structure (RATS) is a permanent organ of the SCO. Its headquarters is located in Tashkent. It promotes cooperation between the member states against terrorism, separatism, and extremism.
3. Cyclone ‘Gulab’ hit the coast of Andhra Pradesh.
- Cyclone named ‘Gulab’ hit the coast of Andhra Pradesh. The weather department had issued an orange alert for Andhra Pradesh as well as the south Odisha coasts.
- Heavy rains lashed over parts of Andhra Pradesh. Cyclonic storm Gulab has crossed the Kalingapatnam and entered into Odisha.
- The Cyclone made its landfall between Kalingapatanam in Andhra Pradesh and Gopalpur in Odisha.
- 42 teams of the Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force and 24 squads of the National Disaster Response Force were deputed as a precautionary measure.
- Cyclone 'Gulab', named by Pakistan, is the second cyclone to hit Odisha in the last four months.
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
4. PM Modi to launch Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission on 27 September 2021.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th August, 2020. At present, it is being implemented in six Union Territories on a pilot basis.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will create an online platform for information and infrastructure services and it will store health-related personal information with Privacy.
- It will enable access and exchange of health records of citizens with their consent. Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will provide health ID to every citizen that will help in providing the health record of a person.
- Healthcare Professionals Registry and Healthcare Facilities Registries will act as a repository of all healthcare providers.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Sandbox, created as a part of the Mission, will act as a framework for technology and product testing.
- It will help organizations to become Health Information providers or Users as part of the National Digital Health Ecosystem.
(Source: News on AIR)
5. Lewis Hamilton has created a record to become the first F1 driver in history with the win of 100 Formula 1 races.
- Lewis Hamilton has set a record of 100 wins in Formula 1 races and became the first F1 driver in history to do so.
- He has accomplished this achievement after he finished first place at Russian Grand Prix.
- Lewis finished his race over 53 seconds ahead of second-placed Max Verstappen.
- By winning his 100th Grand Prix, he became the first driver to achieve the feat, and return to top place in the driver’s championship standings.
- Lewis Hamilton is already ahead of Michael Schumacher with 100 wins. Michael Schumacher had the record win of 91 victories.
Topic: Infrastructure and Energy
6. MGR Railway Station of Chennai has become a Green railway fully powered by solar energy.
- Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. MG Ramachandran Central (DRM) or Chennai Central railway station will get 100 percent energy through Solar Energy.
- The Chennai Central railway station comes under the South Central Railway (SCR) zone and which is going to become the world’s largest green railway network.
- Chennai Central railway station will now become the first Indian Railways station, which will get 100 percent day energy through solar panels.
- The solar power capacity of the station is 1.5 MW and Solar panels are installed on the shelters of the station.
- South Central Railways has adopted the concept of 'energy neutral' railway stations and become the first Indian Railway zones to do so.
- India has targeted to become “net-zero carbon emission” before the year 2030.
Topic: Important Days
7. World Tourism Day: 27 September
- World Tourism Day is observed every year on 27 September.
- It is celebrated to spread awareness among the international community on the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political, and economic value.
- This year the theme of World Tourism Day is 'Tourism for Inclusive Growth'. The theme urge to help people associated with the tourism sector in every possible way.
- It is also observed to mark the anniversary of the adoption of the Statutes of the Organization in 1970 which paved the way for the establishment of the UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- UN World Tourism Organization is responsible for the promotion of tourism in the world. It was established in 1980.
- On this occasion, Tourism Ministry will launch NIDHI 2.0 and India Tourism Statistics – At a Glance, 2021.
- A Memorandum of Understanding will also be signed between the Ministry of Tourism, the United Nations Environment Programme, and the Responsible Tourism Society of India to support sustainability in the tourism sector.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: National News
8. PM Narendra Modi concludes US visit, reached India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached India after his three-day visit to the US. During his visit, he interacted with CEOs and attended the first in-person Quad summit meeting.
- He participated in bilateral and multilateral engagements with US President Joe Biden, US vice president Kamala Harris. He also met with Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga.
- He started his visit by meeting with five top American corporate leaders. He also met with Cristiano E Amon from Qualcomm, Mark Widmar from First Solar, and Stephen A Schwarzman from Blackstone.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his UNGA address, cautioned the world about countries with “regressive thinking” who are using terrorism as a “political tool”. He also urges countries to help children and women of Afghanistan.
- This was his first visit to the US since the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
- He also brought 157 artifacts and antiquities, handed over to India by the US. The artifacts include figurines related to Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
Topic: Important Days
9. World Rivers Day 2021: 26 September
- Every year World Rivers Day is celebrated on the fourth Sunday of September. This year, it was celebrated on 26 September.
- It is observed to raise awareness regarding water bodies and to promote their conservation.
- World Rivers Day is an opportunity for people across the world to come together and commemorate the importance of healthy waterways.
- This year’s World Rivers Day theme is “waterways in our communities”. Special emphasis has been given to the need to conserve urban waterways.
- World Rivers Day is being celebrated since 2005. Mark Angelo raised the demand for World Rivers Day in 2005 during his address to the United Nations.
- The world’s rivers are in poor condition due to pollution, industrial growth, and climate change.
Topic: State News/ Nagaland
10. Naga Cucumber of Nagaland gets GI tag.
- Naga Cucumber of Nagaland gets GI tag. These are low in calories but high in potassium.
- Naga Cucumbers are Juicy, soft, and sweet. It is grown completely organically.
- It has been traditionally grown by Naga farmers. It is mainly grown during the Kharif season (April –May).
- It is an important crop of jhum cultivation. It is primarily grown as a cash crop along with paddy.
- Some tribes like Konyak grow cucumber throughout Nagaland. Naga cucumbers are different in shape, taste, and size from the other available Cucumber.
- GI Tag is given by the Geographical Indication Registry under the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999.
11. India signed a pact for the joint development of small satellites for Bhutan.
- India signed the implementing arrangement on the joint development of small satellites for Bhutan.
- Indian Space Research Organization and Department of Information Technology and Telecom, Bhutan were the signatories’ agencies for this pact.
- The signing ceremony was attended by the ambassador of India and Bhutan.
- The joint development was envisioned during the state visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Thimphu in 2019.
- Space sector cooperation will be the new field of Cooperation between both countries.