- 1. First meeting of India-UK Financial Markets Dialogue held on 8th July.
- 2. Manipur entered into India’s railway map.
- 3. Pawan Singh selected as juror for Tokyo Olympic Games.
- 4. BRICS countries agree to the STI-led BRICS Innovation Cooperation Action Plan.
- 5. Amazon launches its first ‘Digital Kendra’ in Surat, Gujarat.
- 6. Karnataka government planning to bring in Model Tenancy Act in the state.
- 7. Bharat Dynamics Ltd sign a deal with Ministry of Defence for manufacturing of Akash missiles.
- 8. World’s biggest sandcastle constructed in Denmark.
- 9. Uttar Pradesh government will release new population policy.
- 10. Global rankings of All India Radio Live-streams has been released.
- 11. A webinar on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat - Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ was conducted.
Special Offer get 25% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS25
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
1. First meeting of India-UK Financial Markets Dialogue held on 8th July.
- India and the UK held the inaugural meeting of the India-UK Financial Markets Dialogue on 8th July.
- The Dialogue was established at the 10th Economic and Financial Dialogue (EFD) in October 2020.
- Financial Cooperation is one of the key pillars of the 2030 Roadmap adopted by the two countries.
- The main aim of the dialogue is to strengthen the bilateral ties between India and United Kingdom in the financial sector.
- The India-UK Financial Partnership presented their recommendations on the UK-India financial services relationship. It has recommended developing GIFT City as global services hub.
- Both countries agreed for strengthening the cooperation in the financial service between India and the UK.
- GIFT (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City) City, banking and payments, insurance, and capital markets were the main theme of the dialogue.
Topic: Infrastructure and Energy
2. Manipur entered into India’s railway map.
- A passenger train from Assam’s Silchar railway station reached the Vaingaichunpao railway station in Manipur.
- The train has covered 11 km between the two northeastern stations. The train has halted at Manipur’s Jiribam railway station.
- It was the trial run, the broad-gauge train service for the passenger will start soon from Silchar to Vaingaichunpao railway station.
- The Vaingaichunpao-Imphal railway line is also under construction. It will be the longest railway tunnel near Imphal.
3. Pawan Singh selected as juror for Tokyo Olympic Games.
- The Joint Secretary-General of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) Pawan Singh has been selected as the juror for the Tokyo Olympic Games.
- A total of 26 jury members will officiate at the Tokyo Olympic Games. Six will be from Japan and the rest from other countries.
- Pawan Singh was the competition manager at the recently held International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup in New Delhi. He has worked as Result Timing Score (RTS) Jury in different World Cups.
- He is the first Indian to get selected in the jury and judges’ category. In the Tokyo Olympics, 15 Indian shooters will participate for 20 medals.
- The motto for Tokyo Olympic is "United by Emotion."
Topic: International News
4. BRICS countries agree to the STI-led BRICS Innovation Cooperation Action Plan.
- All BRICS countries agreed to the STI-led BRICS Innovation Cooperation Action Plan (2021-24). It was proposed by India during the 12th meeting of the BRICS S&T Steering Committee.
- It will help in sharing experiences of each other’s innovation ecosystem and networking innovators and entrepreneurs.
- On 8th July, India hosted the 12th Meeting of the BRICS S&T Steering Committee. All Scientific ministries and agencies of BRICS countries participated in it.
- Member countries’ officials discussed various topics and agreed to cooperate on ten different thematic areas.
- In addition, all the countries agreed on the thematic areas proposed by India for the 6th edition of the BRICS Young Scientist Conclave.
- Healthcare, Energy Solutions, and Cyber-Physical System (CPS) will be the theme of the 6th edition of the BRICS Young Scientist Conclave.
- It is a group formed by five major emerging countries- Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. South Africa joined the group in 2010.
- The first BRIC Summit was held in Russia on 16 June 2009.
- India will host the 13th BRICS summit in 2021.
Topic: Companies/ Corporates
5. Amazon launches its first ‘Digital Kendra’ in Surat, Gujarat.
- Amazon has launched its first ‘Digital Kendra’ in Surat, Gujarat.
- Launching of the first ‘Digital Kendra’ is part of Amazon’s commitment to digitize 19 million Indian micro, small and medium enterprises by 2025.
- Amazon Digital Kendras will provide information to MSMEs about the benefits of e-commerce.
- They will also help MSMEs in getting third-party services such as shipping and logistics support, cataloguing assistance, digital marketing services, GST and taxation support to start their digital journey.
- In January 2020, then Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has announced USD 1 billion investment in India to help bring small and medium businesses online.
- He had said that investment would also be utilized to digitize 10 million MSMEs and traders across India. As part of this plan, Amazon was to establish 100 digital centres throughout India.
- At its inaugural Smbhav Summit last year, Amazon had announced three pledges. They are given below.
- Digitally enabling 10 million MSMEs
- Enabling e-commerce exports worth USD 10 billion
- Creating 1 million additional jobs in India between 2020 and 2025
- It is an American multinational company. Andy Jassy is its CEO.
- It was founded by Jeff Bezos. It is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, US.
Topic: State News/Karnataka
6. Karnataka government planning to bring in Model Tenancy Act in the state.
- Karnataka government is planning to bring in Model Tenancy Act in the state.
- The act is aimed at ending tenant-owner disputes. Government is also planning to abolish the posts of four regional commissioners and establish a regional commissionerate at Bengaluru.
- Karnataka government is simplifying the current tenancy act. Earlier, the government had a role in fixing the rent.
- Karnataka government now proposed that both the parties (owners and tenants) should fix the rent.
- After they reach the agreement, they should finalise it legally and upload it to the portal. The officials will resolve disputes in less than 60 days.
- Model Tenancy Act was approved by Union Cabinet in the first week of June.
- It was sent for circulation to all the states for adaptation by way of enacting fresh legislation or amending the existing rental laws.
- Highlights of Model Tenancy Act are:
- Deposit limit: Six-month rentals for commercial properties and two-month rentals for residential properties.
- During the agreement period, tenants cannot be evicted without valid notice.
- Mandatory uploading of rent agreement on the revenue department website.
- Tenants cannot make structural changes to the property without written permission from owners.
- If a tenant does not vacate the property after litigation, a penalty will be imposed which will double the rent for the first two months and four times after that.
7. Bharat Dynamics Ltd sign a deal with Ministry of Defence for manufacturing of Akash missiles.
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has signed a contract of Rs 499 crore with the Ministry of Defence for the manufacturing and supply of Akash missiles.
- BDL is the prime production agency for projects under India's Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) also manufactures Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, Air to Air Missiles, Air to Surface Weapons, Launchers, Test Equipment, etc.
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) is also looking to expand its footprint in the international market. It is looking to supply Air Missiles, Anti-Tank Guided missiles, and underwater weapons to friendly countries.
- During the FY 2020-21, Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has bagged orders worth Rs 2803 Crore.
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL):
- It was established in 1970.
- It is headquartered in Hyderabad.
- Commodore Siddharth Mishra is its Chairman and Managing Director.
- It is the manufacturer of ammunitions and missile systems in India.
8. World’s biggest sandcastle constructed in Denmark.
- The world’s tallest sandcastle has been constructed in Denmark. It is 21.16 meters in height and constructed with 5,000 tonnes of sand.
- It is 3 meters taller than the previous biggest sandcastle and located in the seaside town of Blokhus.
- It has been constructed by Dutch creator Wilfred Stijger with the help of 30 world’s best sand sculptors.
- The castle represents the power of the coronavirus over the world. There is a model of the virus wearing a crown at the top of the sandcastle.
- It is a Scandinavian country, consisting of the Jutland Peninsula and several islands.
- Its capital is Copenhagen and the currency is the Danish krone.
- Mette Frederiksen is the Prime Minister of Denmark.
Topic: State News/ Uttar Pradesh
9. Uttar Pradesh government will release new population policy.
- On July 11, the Uttar Pradesh government will release its new Population Policy 2021-30.
- It has been prepared by the Health Department of the UP government based on the findings of the National Family Health Survey-4.
- It will incentivize people for helping in controlling the population. It will aware people about the impact of increasing population on society.
- It will focus to increase the accessibility of contraceptive measures under the National Family Planning Programme and provide a safe system for abortion.
- The new population policy will provide better management of the health and nutrition of adolescents. It will help in reducing the mortality rates of newborn and mothers.
- It will also take measures to stabilize the population by providing accessible solutions for impotency or infertility.
Topic: Reports and Indices
10. Global rankings of All India Radio Live-streams has been released.
- Recently, the global rankings of All India Radio Live-streams has been released. In the latest Rankings, Fiji has jumped from 5th position to 2nd position.
- The United States continues to be at the top position in the global rankings of All India Radio Live-streams.
- Saudi Arabia is among the 10 countries where All India Radio Live-streams on NewsOnAir App are most popular. Kuwait and Germany are new entrants in the top 10 list.
- According to the new ranking, AIR News 24*7 has moved to 6th position while AIR Tamil has slipped to 10th position.
- Globally, All India Radio is live-streamed in more than 85 countries. AIR live-streams on NewsOnAirApp is the most popular service.
- The News On Air Top 10 Indian Cities are Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Ernakulam, Bhopal, Jaipur, and Patna.
- Ranking of NewsOnAir Top Countries:
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
11. A webinar on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat - Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ was conducted.
- A webinar on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat - Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ was organized by Regional Outreach Bureau (ROB) & Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- It is dedicated to those people of India who have contributed to the evolutionary journey of India after Independence.
- Dr. M. Lakshmanacharyulu, an expert in various languages, highlighted the role of various freedom fighters from Telangana.
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative to celebrate 75 years of Independence.
- The celebration of the 75th year of Independence has begun from 12 March 2021. The celebration has begun 75 weeks prior to August 15, 2022.
- The Government has also set up a high-level national committee to commemorate the 75 years of India’s Independence in 2022.