- 1. 14th edition of Cyber security conference to be inaugurated by Bipin Rawat.
- 2. Shankar Acharya authored book titled “An Economist at Home and Abroad: A Personal Journey”.
- 3. DRDO and Israel sign Bilateral Innovation Agreement for development of dual-use technologies.
- 4. Government appoints Vice Admiral R. Hari Kumar as next Chief of the Naval Staff.
- 5. India’s transition to net zero economy has the potential to create over 50 million new jobs.
- 6. RBI places restrictions on Babaji Date Mahila Sahakari Bank.
- 7. Mohammed Siraj appointed as new brand ambassador by My11Circle.
- 8. Union Minister inaugurated Centre for Bioresources and Sustainable Development in Arunachal Pradesh.
- 9. NITI Aayog announces five top aspirational districts in education sector.
- 10. Gram Panchayats to set up digital libraries in villages of Karnataka.
- 11. Minister of Law and Justice launched “Tele-Law on Wheels” Campaign.
- 12. Pradeep Magazine authored a book titled ‘Not Just Cricket: A Reporter’s Journey through Modern India’.
BIGGEST SALE EVER get 35% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS2024
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
1. 14th edition of Cyber security conference to be inaugurated by Bipin Rawat.
- Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat will inaugurate the 14th edition of an annual Hacking and Cyber Security Briefing conference, ‘c0c0n’.
- It is being conducted by Kerala Police in association with two non-profit organizations, Society for the Policing of Cyberspace (POLCYB) and the Information Security Research Association (ISRA) from 10-13 November.
- The conference aims to discuss the challenges facing the digital world during the COVID period and solutions to overcome the challenge.
- It will also provide an information-sharing platform on cyber security issues and directions to tackle future challenges.
- The theme of this year's 'c0c0n' is - Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.
Topic: Books and Authors
2. Shankar Acharya authored book titled “An Economist at Home and Abroad: A Personal Journey”.
- Shankar Acharya has authored a book titled “An Economist at Home and Abroad: A Personal Journey”.
- He has written about his eventful life. He had served as Chief Economic Advisor for eight years.
- In this book, he has described in detail how India countered the Asian financial crisis of 1997 and his daily conversations with the then RBI Governor C Rangarajan.
- He has written about his long association with Kotak Mahindra Bank and he writes about how the bank did its successful merger with ING Vysya Bank.
- He has also written about the pandemic and its impact on the economy. He also wrote about stringent lockdown imposed during the pandemic.
3. DRDO and Israel sign Bilateral Innovation Agreement for development of dual-use technologies.
- DRDO and Israel have signed Bilateral Innovation Agreement for development of dual-use technologies.
- The agreement was signed between DRDO and Directorate of Defence Research and Development (DDR&D), Ministry of Defence, Israel on 09 November 2021.
- The agreement aims to promote innovation and accelerated research and development in start-ups and MSMEs for the development of dual-use technologies.
- Under the agreement, start-ups and industries of both countries will work together to bring out next-generation technologies and products.
- These technologies and products would be from Drones, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Quantum technology, Photonics, Energy Storage and Natural Language Processing areas.
- The development efforts will be jointly funded by DRDO and DDR&D, Israel.
(Source: News on AIR)
4. Government appoints Vice Admiral R. Hari Kumar as next Chief of the Naval Staff.
- Government has appointed Vice Admiral R. Hari Kumar as the next Chief of the Naval Staff.
- He is currently serving as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command.
- He was commissioned on 1st January 1983 into the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy.
- He served as Fleet Operations Officer of the Western Fleet. He has been awarded Param Vishist Seva Medal, Ati Vishist Seva Medal and Vishist Seva Medal.
- The current Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh is retiring from service on 30th November 2021.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: Reports and Indices
5. India’s transition to net zero economy has the potential to create over 50 million new jobs.
- As per Mission 2070: A Green New Deal for a Net-Zero India report, India’s transition to net zero economy has the potential to create over 50 million new jobs.
- The WEF in the report Mission 2070: A Green New Deal for a Net Zero India in collaboration with Kearney and the Observer Research Foundation has said that a $1 trillion opportunity could be achieved within this decade if 'concerted action' is taken.
- In its white paper Mission 2070: A Green New Deal for a Net Zero India, WEF said that India can leverage green growth to add $1 trillion to GDP by 2030 – and up to $15 trillion by 2070.
- The white paper notes that current per capita emissions are low in India. It says that Energy consumption and emissions could see an increase if India’s GDP growth is driven by an increased manufacturing base as well as higher demand in consumption.
Topic: Banking System
6. RBI places restrictions on Babaji Date Mahila Sahakari Bank.
- RBI has placed restrictions on Babaji Date Mahila Sahakari Bank and limited withdrawals at 5,000 rupees for customers.
- The restrictions have been placed amid a deterioration in the financial position of the Babaji Date Mahila Sahakari Bank.
- They will remain in force for six months from the close of business on November 8, 2021.
- As per RBI, the Bank should not grant or renew any loans and advances, make any investments, without the prior approval of RBI in writing.
- As per the RBI, the bank should not borrow funds and accept fresh deposits without prior approval of RBI in writing.
- Babaji Date Mahila Sahakari Bank is based in Yavatmal, Maharashtra.
(Source: News on AIR)
7. Mohammed Siraj appointed as new brand ambassador by My11Circle.
- My11Circle, one of the leading fantasy sports platforms, appointed Mohammed Siraj as new brand ambassador.
- Mohammed Siraj plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL. My11Circle also launched a new campaign for ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. The new campaign featured the BCCI president, Sourav Ganguly.
- My11Circle is Games24x7’s fantasy cricket platform. Bhavin Pandya is co-founder and CEO of Games24x7.
- Sanitary ware brand, Prayag has selected Ajay Devgn as brand ambassador.
- Prayag has also announced the launch of its new campaign ‘Prayag Quality Bemisal – Likh Ke Le Lo’ featuring Devgn.
Topic: State News/ Arunachal Pradesh
8. Union Minister inaugurated Centre for Bioresources and Sustainable Development in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Centre for Bioresources and Sustainable Development and Rural Technology in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It has been established within a period of 3 years with the support of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
- It is the first-of-its-kind “Centre of Excellence” in Northeast India. It has also established academic linkages with ICAR, CSIR Institutions for effective implementation of the programs.
- It will open new avenues for livelihood and self-employment for the youths in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It will help in improving the socio-economic status of tribal people in the State.
- On this occasion, Dr. Jitendra Singh dedicated DBT funded the Skill Vigyan Program in Biotechnology to the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
(Source: News On AIR)
Topic: National News
9. NITI Aayog announces five top aspirational districts in education sector.
- NITI Aayog has announced the name of the top five most improved aspirational districts in the education sector for September.
- Bhoopalpalli, Chatra, Sahibganj, Nuapada, and Jaisalmer are selected by NITI Aayog as the five most improved aspirational districts for September.
- Bhoopalpalli in Telanagana has topped the NITI Aayog's delta rankings. It is followed by Chatra and Sahibganj in Jharkhand, Nuapada in Odisha, and Jaisalmer in Rajasthan.
- Technology has played a crucial role in improving the quality of education in aspirational districts.
- Aspirational districts are India’s least developed districts. Government is committed to improve health, education, and basic infrastructure in the aspirational districts.
- The Aspirational Districts programme was launched by Prime Minister in January 2018.
Topic: State News/ Karnataka
10. Gram Panchayats to set up digital libraries in villages of Karnataka.
- Gram Panchayats in Karnataka has decided to set up digital libraries in the villages. It is one of the steps to revolutionize rural libraries.
- Village libraries will be revived with innovative ideas like book donation drives, starting digital sections of Libraries. Many donor agencies have donated 7.3 Lakh books to the Gram Panchayat libraries.
- There are 891 digital libraries maintained by the Gram Panchayats in the state. These libraries have issued free membership to 10 lakh students of villages.
- A separate section will also be set up for those preparing for competitive exams.
- Union Minister Kapil Moreshwar Patil has said that digital libraries will encourage reading habits among children.
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
11. Minister of Law and Justice launched “Tele-Law on Wheels” Campaign.
- Department of Justice has launched the week-long “Tele-Law on Wheels” campaign. It will be organized from 8th to 14th November 2021.
- Under this campaign, a series of activities will be undertaken to empower people through pre-litigation advice to rightfully claim their entitlements.
- These Common Service Centers(CSCs) have been branded as Kanooni Salah Sahahyak Kendra (कानूनी सलाह सहायक केंद्र”) for this campaign.
- The Tele-Law on Wheels Campaign is being conducted with the help of CSC e Governance. These vans would travel a distance of 30-40 kilometers daily.
- These vans will distribute Information Leaflets on Tele-Law, broadcast films, and Radio jingle.
- Minister of Law and Justice will also launch the Tele Law Mobile App on 13th November 2021. It will connect the beneficiaries directly with a panel of Lawyers offering legal advice and consultation.
Topic: Books and Authors
12. Pradeep Magazine authored a book titled ‘Not Just Cricket: A Reporter’s Journey through Modern India’.
- Pradeep Magazine has written a book titled ‘Not Just Cricket: A Reporter’s Journey through Modern India’. It will be published by HarperCollins Publishers India.
- It is Pradeep Magazine’s memoir, which is full of lived real experiences of joy, sorrow, fear, loss, and hope.
- Pradeep Magazine is a cricket writer, columnist, and former sports editor. He began his journalistic career in 1979.
- He is the author of the book ‘Not Quite Cricket’ that exposed the match-fixing scandal in 2000.