- 1. SDGs Investor Map for India launched by UNDP and Invest India.
- 2. Archery Association of India has been recognized as National Sports Federation by the Sports Ministry.
- 3. FC Kohli, ‘Father of Indian IT industry’ and first CEO of TCS, passed away.
- 4. Argentina legend footballer Diego Maradona passed away.
- 5. NSA Ajit Doval will be on a two-day trip to Sri Lanka.
- 6. Indian Railways rolled out its completely digitalized Human Resource Management System.
- 7. India and Finland signed an MoU for cooperation in environmental protection and biodiversity conservation.
- 8. Indian Army launched a Cycle expedition to mark the 1971 Indo-Pak War Victory.
- 9. Government adds provision to regulate freight charges in draft Merchant Shipping Bill, 2020.
- 10. Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) 2.0 scheme to cover 26 stressed sectors and the healthcare sector.
BIGGEST SALE EVER get 35% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS2024
Topic: Indian Economy
1. SDGs Investor Map for India launched by UNDP and Invest India.
- A Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Investor Map for India has been launched by the United Nations Development Programme and Invest India.
- It identified 18 Investment areas in six Sustainable Development Goals sectors, which will help India in attaining its SDG goals.
- It has also identified eight White Spaces in which investors have shown interest.
- Investment is SDGs will create a robust economy and a sustainable society.
- It is the United Nations’ global development network that was formed in 1965.
- It works in more than 170 countries for the eradication of poverty and reduction of inequalities.
- Its headquarters is in New York City.
- HDI is released by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) annually.
- Invest India:
- It is a National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency.
- It was established in 2009. It is a non-profit company.
- It comes under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Sustainable Development Goals: These are a collection of 17 goals designed to achieve a better and more sustainable future. It was launched in 2015 by the UNDP and these have to be achieved by 2030.
2. Archery Association of India has been recognized as National Sports Federation by the Sports Ministry.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has recognized the Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation (NSF).
- Government of India had withdrawn the AAI recognition on 7 December 2012 due to failure to conduct election according to the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011.
- Archery Association of India stated that it will help in the development of sports in the country and it will help people who are preparing for the Tokyo Olympics.
- This recognition will be valid for one year.
- Archery Association of India (AAI):
- It was established on 8 August 1973.
- It is the governing body of Archery in India.
- Terms associated with archery are Bow hunting, Bow fishing, Anchor Point, Archer’s Paradox, etc.
Topic: Personality in News
3. FC Kohli, ‘Father of Indian IT industry’ and first CEO of TCS, passed away.
- FC Kohli, also known as the Father of Indian IT industry, has passed away at the age of 96.
- He was the founder of Tata Consultancy service. He had joined the TCS as CEO in 1969.
- He was the former President of the Computer Society of India.
- He had chaired the Southeast Asia Regional Computer Conference held in Singapore in 1976 and New Delhi in 1988.
- He was also the President of NASSCOM from 1995-96.
- He will be remembered for his valuable contribution to the IT sector of India.
(Source: Indian Express)
4. Argentina legend footballer Diego Maradona passed away.
- The legendary footballer of Argentina, Diego Maradona, has died at the age of 60 from a heart attack.
- He was also known as “El Pibe de Oro” (The Golden Kid).
- He had played for Argentinos Juniors, Boca Juniors, Barcelona, Napoli, etc., in his club career.
- He had played 91 matches and scored 34 goals for Argentina. He had played four FIFA world cup and was the Capitan of Argentina’s team of the 1986 World Cup.
- His one goal in the 1986 FIFA world cup against England was named the “Goal of the Century” by FIFA.
- He also coached many football teams in his coaching career, including Argentina’s national football team, Fujairah, Dorados, etc.
- He is considered one of the greatest players in football.
(Source: NDTV Sports)
Topic: India and its neighbourhood
5. NSA Ajit Doval will be on a two-day trip to Sri Lanka.
- National Security Adviser, Ajit Doval, will participate in the 4th NSA-level trilateral meeting on Maritime Security Cooperation in Sri Lanka.
- The Defence Secretary of Sri Lanka and the Defence Minister of Maldives will also participate in this trilateral meet.
- NSA-level Trilateral Meeting has played a critical role in the cooperation among Indian Ocean countries. It provides an opportunity to member countries to discuss various issues related to maritime security in the Indian Ocean region.
- In 2011 it was hosted by the Maldives, in 2013 by Sri Lanka, and in 2014 by India.
- National Security Adviser:
- It is an executive agency responsible for advising the Prime Minister on matters of national security policy and international affairs.
- He is equivalent to the rank of Union Cabinet Minister.
- Ajit Doval is the current National Security Adviser of India.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: National News
6. Indian Railways rolled out its completely digitalized Human Resource Management System.
- In another move of digitalization, the Indian Railways has launched a fully digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
- This online system will improve the efficiency and productivity of the Railway system. It will provide benefit to serving and retired employees of Railways.
- It is launched by the chairman & CEO, Railway Board, Vinod Kumar Yadav.
- It is a completely automated solution for human resources management.
- The organization uses it for different functions of Human Resource such as storing employee data, managing payroll, recruitment, benefits administration, time and attendance, employee performance management, etc.
- Indian Railways:
- It comes under the Ministry of Railways.
- Indian Railways network is the fourth largest in the world by size.
- It is divided into 18 zones and 70 divisions.
7. India and Finland signed an MoU for cooperation in environmental protection and biodiversity conservation.
- An MoU has been signed between India and Finland for cooperation in environmental protection and biodiversity conservation.
- It aims to exchange the best practices in the field of prevention of air and water pollution, waste management, and promotion of the circular economy.
- It has been signed between Prakash Javadekar and Krista Mikkonen.
- Both countries have affirmed their commitment to fulfil the targets of the Paris Agreement.
- Prakash Javadekar is the current Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- It is a North European country whose capital is Helsinki, and its currency is Euro.
- It shares borders with Sweden, Russia, Norway, Gulf of Bothnia and the Gulf of Finland.
- It is the eighth-largest country in Europe.
- Sauli Niinisto is the current President of Finland.
- Sanna Marin is the current Prime Minister of Finland.
8. Indian Army launched a Cycle expedition to mark the 1971 Indo-Pak War Victory.
- A cycle expedition in Gujarat and Rajasthan has been launched by the Indian Army to celebrate the Golden Jubilee Victory of the 1971 Indo-Pak War.
- The Golden Jubilee year of the decisive victory of the 1971 Indo-Pak War will be celebrated on 3 December.
- This 1971 Kilometers cycle expedition has been started from Lakhpat in Kutch. It will spread awareness about the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is mainly started to reach out to ex-servicemen, kin of battle casualties and the disabled. Its core theme is social distancing-masks-sanitization.
- It will also inform Ex-servicemen and families about the financial benefits and welfare schemes related to them.
- This cycle expedition, ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh Cyclothon’, will travel across Gujarat and Rajasthan.
- India- Pak war 1971:
- It was a military confrontation between India and Pakistan for the Independence of Bangladesh.
- It started on 3 December 1971 and ended on 16 December 1971.
- It is one of the shortest wars in the modern world.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: Indian Polity
9. Government adds provision to regulate freight charges in draft Merchant Shipping Bill, 2020.
- Government has added a provision to regulate freight charges in the draft Merchant Shipping Bill, 2020.
- As per the added provision, the central government will regulate freight charges levied by shipping firms for export, import and domestic transportation.
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways has prepared the draft of the bill. If the bill becomes an act, it will replace the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 and Coasting Vessels Act, 1838.
- As per the bill, service providers or agents will be able to levy only those freight charges that are given in the bill of lading or other transport documents. Terms and conditions for their issuance will be prescribed by the central government.
- Earlier, the government has tried to provide more autonomy to 12 state-owned major ports by bringing Major Port Authorities Bill, 2020. It is pending in Rajya Sabha.
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
10. Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) 2.0 scheme to cover 26 stressed sectors and the healthcare sector.
- Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) 2.0 will cover 26 stressed sectors identified by the KV Kamath Committee and the healthcare sector.
- Entities, which have outstanding credit in the range of Rs 50 crore- Rs 500 crore as of February 21 will be eligible under ECLGS 2.0.
- Operational guidelines for ECLGS 2.0 have been released by National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Limited (NCGTC). The scheme was announced by the Finance minister as part of Atmanirbhar Bharat package 3.0.
- Earlier version of ECLGS will be continued. Under both schemes, 20% of credit dues will be available as working capital without any collateral.
- Banks will not charge more than 9.25% interest rate. Moratorium on loans will be one year under both schemes.
- While the first version of ECLGS provides three years for repayment, ECLGS 2.0 provides four years for repayment.
- Overall size of credit will remain at Rs 3-lakh crore under the scheme. National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd (NCGTC) will provide 100% guarantee for loans under the scheme.
- While the facility under ECLGS 1.0 was on an opt-out basis, the facility under ECLGS 2 shall be on an opt-in basis.
- National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd (NCGTC) is a private limited company wholly owned by the Government of India. It was incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956, on 28 March 2014. It was set up by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.