- 1. India will host the 21st World Congress of Accountants (WCOA).
- 2. India’s first vacuum-based sewer system established in Agra.
- 3. Kerala and the Netherlands have signed an MoU for the Cosmos Malabaricus project.
- 4. India and Chile have signed an MoU for cooperation in Disability Sector.
- 5. World Day For Safety and Health at Work 2022: 28 April
- 6. Cabinet approved M/s Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited's construction of a 540-megawatt Kwar hydroelectric project.
- 7. Tamil Nadu to observe Minorities Rights Day every year on 18 December.
- 8. HAL, Bharat Electronics signed a deal for the development of Infra-Red Search and Track System (IRST) for Sukhoi Su-30 MKI fighter jets.
- 9. Naveen Patnaik released two books: The Magic of Mangalajodi, and “The Sikh History of East India”.
- 10. A national-level logistics seminar 'LOGISEM VAYU - 2022' will be held in New Delhi.
- 11. Meghalaya planning department’s e-proposal system has won UN Award- World Summit on the Information Society Forum (WSIS) Prize 2022.
- 12. Digital India RISC-V Microprocessor (DIR-V) program has been launched by Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar.
- 13. India and Maldives to set up transmission interconnection for transfer of renewable power.
- 14. Union Cabinet approved opening of new diplomatic mission in Lithuania.
New Year Offer get 20% Off
Use Coupon code PENDULUMEDU
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
1. India will host the 21st World Congress of Accountants (WCOA).
- For the first time in 118 years, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) will host the 21st World Congress of Accountants.
- India is the first South Asia country to host the World Congress.
- It will be organized from 18-21 November at the newly built Jio World Convention Centre in Mumbai.
- Around 6000 top accountants from 130 countries will participate in the programme.
- The theme of this World Congress is `Building Trust Enabling Sustainability'.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI):
- It is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament in the year 1949.
- It is one of the largest accounting bodies in the world.
- It is a founding member of the International Federation of Accountants.
Topic: Uttar Pradesh/ Agra
2. India’s first vacuum-based sewer system established in Agra.
- Agra has become the first city to get vacuum-based sewers in India. This vacuum-based sewer system will be used in public places.
- The Municipal Corporation has connected 240 houses near the Taj Mahal with a vacuum-based sewer system.
- Around 112 chambers have been made in this area, which are equipped with GIS-based sensors.
- This technology will be used for low-lying areas and maintenance will be done by the Netherlands Company.
- If there is a choke or any other problem, the vacuum sewer system will automatically issue an alert.
- If the trial in Agra becomes successful, then the vacuum sewer will be used in Kochi Municipal Corporation as well.
Topic: State News / Kerala
3. Kerala and the Netherlands have signed an MoU for the Cosmos Malabaricus project.
- Kerala and the Netherlands have signed a MoU for the Cosmos Malabaricus project, which will help to highlight Kerala's history in the 18th century.
- The project would be finished in six years.
- Additionally, the collaboration aims to establish paint academics in Kollam and Malappuram.
- The Kerala Council for Historical Research (KCHR), which is part of the Department of Higher Education, is implementing the Cosmos Malabaricas project with the National Archives of the Netherlands and the University of Leiden.
- The MoU has been signed in the presence of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and Netherlands Ambassador to India Marten van den Berg.
- The Cosmos Malabaricus project aims to make digitised Dutch archive material available to the majority of audiences, including foreign and Indian scholars, as well as Kerala people.
Topic: MoU / Agreement
4. India and Chile have signed an MoU for cooperation in Disability Sector.
- The signing of an MoU between India and Chile for cooperation in the disability sector has been approved by the Union Cabinet, which is chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The bilateral MoU would promote collaboration between the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, the Government of India, and the Government of Chile through joint initiatives in the disabilities sector.
- It will strengthen India's and Chile's bilateral ties.
- The countries signed a joint letter of intent expressing their desire to cooperate in the disability sector, particularly in the following areas:
- Sharing of information on disability policy and delivery of services.
- Exchange of information and knowledge.
- Cooperation in assistive device technology.
- Development of projects of mutual interest in disability sector.
- Early identification and prevention of disability.
- Exchange of experts, academicians and other administrative staff.
- It is located in western South America. It is a narrow strip of land between the Andes to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- The Atacama Desert in Chile is the driest place on the Earth.
- Santiago is the capital of Chile.
- The Chilean peso is the currency of Chile.
Topic: Important Days
5. World Day For Safety and Health at Work 2022: 28 April
- Every year on April 28th, World Day for Safety and Health at Work is commemorated.
- Its main aim is to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases around the world. It also promotes security, safety, and health at work.
- The theme of World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2022 is ‘Act together to build a positive safety and health culture’.
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) has been celebrating the day since 2003.
- The day also marks the International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured Workers, which has been observed by the trade union movement around the world since 1996.
Topic: National News
6. Cabinet approved M/s Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited's construction of a 540-megawatt Kwar hydroelectric project.
- The Cabinet has approved Rs.4526.12 crore investment in the 540 megawatts (MW) Kwar Hydroelectric Project, which is located on the Chenab River in the Kishtwar region of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- M/s Chenab Valley Power Project Private Limited (M/s. CVPPL), a joint venture company between NHPC and JKSPDC, implemented the project on April 27, 2022, with equity contributions of 51 percent and 49 percent, respectively.
- The project will generate 1975.54 million units in a year.
- The Kwar Hydroelectric Project is expected to be completed in 54 months.
Topic: State News/ Tamil Nadu
7. Tamil Nadu to observe Minorities Rights Day every year on 18 December.
- The Tamil Nadu government will celebrate Minorities Rights Day at the state level on 18 December every year. The government will allocate about Rs 2.50 lakh for the purpose.
- The main objective of the day is to promote the upliftment and economic advancement of minorities.
- The state government would provide education aid of Rs 500 to the students of Classes 3 to 5 and Rs 1,000 to the wards of Class 6 of the minority girl students.
- The government will also frame guidelines for providing minority status to educational institutions.
8. HAL, Bharat Electronics signed a deal for the development of Infra-Red Search and Track System (IRST) for Sukhoi Su-30 MKI fighter jets.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) deal has been signed under the Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020.
- The proposed IRST system will be a high-end strategic technology product in the field of defence avionics.
- IRST system is equipped with features like Television Day Camera, and Infrared & LASER sensors for air-to-air and air-to-ground target tracking.
- It will enhance the Indian Air Force’s strength and gives impetus to 'Atmanirbhar Bharat' in the defence sector.
- It will also pave the path for the manufacturing of high-end strategic technology products of IRST for various platforms.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL):
- It was formed on 1 October 1964.
- It is a government-owned corporation involved in the design, fabrication and assembly of aircraft, jet engines, and helicopters.
- Its headquarters is located in Bengaluru.
Topic: Books and Authors
9. Naveen Patnaik released two books: The Magic of Mangalajodi, and “The Sikh History of East India”.
- The book titled “The Magic of Mangalajodi” is written by Avinash Khemka. It has described Chilika lake through fabulous images and descriptions.
- Mangalajodi is famous for a story of successful nature conservation, where local community members have renounced their traditional bird hunting practices for protecting wildlife and habitat.
- Khemaka is a wild-life photographer and conservationist with a special interest in the avian life of Chilika Lake.
- “The Sikh History of East India” is a compilation of the Sikh history of eastern India.
- It has been written by Abinash Mohapatra on Sikh history and philosophy. He has authored 38 books on Sikh history, theology and principles.
Topic: Summits/ Conferences/ Meetings
10. A national-level logistics seminar 'LOGISEM VAYU - 2022' will be held in New Delhi.
- A national-level Logistics seminar will be organized by Indian Air Force on 28th April in New Delhi.
- The theme of the seminar is 'Orchestrating Logistics Support for Air Combat Operations'.
- The Chief of Air Staff will inaugurate the seminar and will also deliver the keynote address during the inaugural session.
- A session on logistics diplomacy will be also organized in this seminar, which can give a boost to supply chain and inter-operability.
Topic: Awards and Prizes
11. Meghalaya planning department’s e-proposal system has won UN Award- World Summit on the Information Society Forum (WSIS) Prize 2022.
- The e-proposal system is a part of Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture (MeghEA).
- UN has also selected Meghalaya as Champion Project in the category of “The role of governments and all stakeholders in the promotion of ICTs for development”.
- e-Proposal system has automated sanctions and administrative approvals of all the departments in Meghalaya.
- Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture (MeghEA):
- MeghEA was inaugurated in 2019. Planning Department, Government of Meghalaya is implementing it.
- It is supported by National eGov Division (NeGD). KPMG is the consulting partner for MeghEA.
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
12. Digital India RISC-V Microprocessor (DIR-V) program has been launched by Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar.
- The Digital India RISC-V (DIR-V) program aims to build future generations of microprocessors.
- Partnerships between Startups, Academia & Multinationals will be seen during the DIR-V.
- The partnerships will be to make India a RISC-V Talent Hub for the World and supplier of RISC-V SoC (System on Chips).
- Government wants to roll out first set of commercial silicon of SHAKTI & VEGA by December 2023.
- RISC-V (Reduced Instruction Set Computer-V) is an open standard instruction set architecture. It is available in Open-Source.
- SHAKTI (32 bit) and VEGA (64 bit) are two microprocessors developed by IIT Madras and Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) respectively.
Topic: India and its neighbourhood
13. India and Maldives to set up transmission interconnection for transfer of renewable power.
- Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh and Maldives' Environment Minister Aminath Shauna discussed this proposal during a meeting in New Delhi.
- Under One Sun, One World, One Grid (OSOWOG), both leaders proposed the signing of two Memoranda of Understanding on energy cooperation and transmission interconnection.
- A technical team from India would visit the Maldives to check the technical feasibility of the project.
- Subsequently, a Detailed Project Report (DPR) will be prepared jointly by India and Maldives agencies.
- It is a small island nation in South Asia, located in the Arabian Sea.
- It is located about 700 km from the mainland of the Asian continent to the southwest of Sri Lanka and India.
- Its capital is Male and currency is Maldivian rufiya.
Topic: International News
14. Union Cabinet approved opening of new diplomatic mission in Lithuania.
- It will help in further deepening the relationship between India and Lithuania. This is the first full-fledged embassy of India in the Baltic region.
- The opening of the mission in Lithuania will help India in expanding its political, strategic and economic relations with Lithuania.
- Indian Mission in Lithuania will also help the Indian community and protect their interests.
- Lithuania was the first Baltic country to open an embassy in India in 2008.
- Lithuania is the first European country to ban all imports of Russian gas.
- It is a country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe.
- It shares its boundary with Latvia, Belarus, Poland, Russia, Sweden and the Baltic Sea.
- Vilnius is the capital and largest city of Lithuania.
- Ingrida Simonyte is the current Prime Minister.