- 1. SpaceX sets up its subsidiary in India.
- 2. Indian Informal economy came down to 15-20% from 52%: SBI Report
- 3. Punjab to begin Census of Indus River Dolphin.
- 4. Actor Puneeth Rajkumar passed away due to cardiac arrest.
- 5. Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS) launched by PM Modi.
- 6. ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards launched by Home Minister Amit Shah.
- 7. Defence Ministry approves Procurement of Arms, Military Equipment worth ₹ 7,965 Crore.
- 8. NITI Aayog and World Bank join hands for making financing of electric vehicles easier.
- 9. Akash Kumar ensures India’s first medal at the World Boxing Championships.
- 10. Amit Ranjan authored a book titled "John Lang: Wanderer of Hindoostan, Slanderer of Hindoostanee, Lawyer for the Ranee".
- 11. IREDA launched a ‘whistle-blower Portal’ as part of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2021’.
- 12. UNEP and European Commission have launched an observatory for action against methane emissions.
- 13. ISRO will provide a solar energy calculator application to the world, which can measure the solar power potential of any region.
BIGGEST SALE EVER get 35% Off
Use Coupon code SUCCESS2024
Topic: Space and IT
1. SpaceX sets up its subsidiary in India.
- Elon Musk-owned SpaceX established its wholly-owned subsidiary in India to start local broadband operations.
- SpaceX's satellite broadband arm Starlink is planning to launch its broadband service in India from December 2022.
- SpaceX's subsidiary in India named SSCPL - Starlink Satellite Communications Private Limited has been established on 1 November.
- Starlink claims to have received more than 5,000 pre-order from India. It will provide internet in the range between 50 to 150 megabit per second.
- The company is planning to provide broadband service in rural areas.
Topic: Indian Economy
2. Indian Informal economy came down to 15-20% from 52%: SBI Report
- According to a report of SBI, India’s informal economy has shrunk to around 15-20 percent of the formal GDP.
- Around Rs 13 lakh crore has come into the formal economy through various channels over the last few years.
- Digitization of the economy and the emergence of the gig economy have accelerated the rate of formalization of the Indian Economy.
- In the last couple of years, the government has made many efforts for formalization of economy.
- India’s first national database of unorganised workers ‘E-Sharam Portal’ is playing an important role in the formalization of the economy.
- According to the SBI report, workers from the agriculture sector account for 55% of registration in E-sharam Portal.
- Hotels, transport, communication, construction, agriculture, and broadcasting sectors are the main informal sectors of India.
Topic: Environment and Ecology
3. Punjab to begin Census of Indus River Dolphin.
- The Punjab Government is set to start the Census of Indus River dolphin.
- The census of Indus River Dolphin will commence in the winter as part of a project by the Centre. The census project will be completed in five years.
- Indus River Dolphin is one of the world’s most threatened species. The Indus river dolphin is classified as endangered by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
Topic: Personality in News
4. Actor Puneeth Rajkumar passed away due to cardiac arrest.
- Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar passed away due to cardiac arrest. He collapsed while working out in his gym.
- Puneeth Rajkumar was Popularly known as the Powerstar.
- He was awarded the Karnataka State Award Best Child artist for Chalisuva Modagalu and Eradu Nakshatragalu.
- According to the data, Indians are more prone to heart attacks as compared to others around the world.
- According to the 2019 National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data, the number of deaths due to heart attack increased between 2014-2019 by 53%.
Topic: Environment and Ecology
5. Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS) launched by PM Modi.
- Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS) has been launched by PM Modi on the sidelines of the climate summit in Glasgow.
- IRIS is aimed at succeeding in reaching sustainable development through a systematic approach to resilient, sustainable and inclusive infrastructure in Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
- PM Modi also said that ISRO will build a special data window for Small Island Developing States to provide them timely information about cyclones, coral-reef monitoring and coast-line monitoring.
- IRIS launch event was hosted by Australia and UK. Leaders of Small Island Developing States including Fiji, Jamaica and Mauritius also took part in the event.
(Source: News on AIR)
Topic: Government Schemes and Initiatives
6. ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards launched by Home Minister Amit Shah.
- ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards have been launched by Home Minister Amit Shah at national level on 02 November.
- 'Ayushman CAPF' scheme has been designed to cover all serving personnel and their dependents of the seven Central Armed Police Forces.
- The health card distribution will be undertaken in all CAPFs. The distribution of about 35 lakh cards will be completed by December 2021.
- ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme had been launched by Home Minister on a pilot basis in the State of Assam on 23rd January 2021.
- It had been launched to provide health care services to all Central Armed Police Force (CAPFs) personnel and their dependents.
- The scheme is a joint initiative of the Home Ministry, Health Ministry and National Health Authority (NHA).
(Source: News on AIR)
7. Defence Ministry approves Procurement of Arms, Military Equipment worth ₹ 7,965 Crore.
- The Defence Ministry approved the procurement of arms and military equipment worth ₹ 7,965-crore.
- The procurement proposals were approved at a meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC).
- Defence Ministry approved procurement of 12 light utility helicopters from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Lynx U2 naval gunfire control system from Bharat Electronics Limited.
- Defence Acquisition Council has also approved "mid-life upgradation of Dornier aircraft" by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. It will increase the naval capacity.
- All these procurements will be done under the ''Make in India'' initiative with a focus on the design, development, and manufacturing of defence equipment.
8. NITI Aayog and World Bank join hands for making financing of electric vehicles easier.
- NITI Aayog has joined hands with the World Bank to facilitate faster and more convenient finance for electric vehicles.
- Both entities are setting up a $300-million ‘first loss risk sharing instrument’, with the State Bank of India (SBI).
- This facility will bring around $1.5 billion finance for EVs. The instrument would act as a hedging mechanism for banks.
- It will bring down the cost of financing for EVs by 10-12%. At present, the rate of interest for electric two-wheelers & electric 3 Wheelers is in the range of 20-25%.
- NBFCs such as Shriram City Union Finance (SCUF) and L&T Finance have tied up with many EV makers to offer loans.
- According to experts, Consumers are choosing cleaner and greener mobility due to the rise in fuel prices.
9. Akash Kumar ensures India’s first medal at the World Boxing Championships.
- Akash Kumar ensures India’s first medal at the World Boxing Championships by defeating the Rio Olympics bronze medallist Yoel Finol in the quarter-finals.
- He became only the seventh Indian to win a world championship medal.
- In the previous edition, India had won a silver and bronze medal in the World Boxing Championships.
- The gold medalist of this championship will get a prize money of USD 100,000. India is being represented by its reigning national champions across weight categories.
- The 2021 AIBA World Boxing Championships are being held in Belgrade, Serbia from 25 October to 6 November.
Topic: Books and Authors
10. Amit Ranjan authored a book titled "John Lang: Wanderer of Hindoostan, Slanderer of Hindoostanee, Lawyer for the Ranee".
- Amit Ranjan has written a book titled "John Lang: Wanderer of Hindoostan, Slanderer of Hindoostanee, Lawyer for the Ranee".
- This book will be published by Niyogi Books' Paper Missile imprint.
- John Lang was an Australian writer-lawyer settled in India. He fought many cases including Rani Laxmibai’s legal battle case against the annexation of her kingdom.
- This book is about Lang's life, his exploits, and his literary works.
- Rani Laxmibai had employed him because of his fame amongst the Indians but he lost the case quickly.
- He had fought many cases against the British and won few famous cases against the East India Company.
Topic: National News
11. IREDA launched a ‘whistle-blower Portal’ as part of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2021’.
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has launched a whistle-blower Portal’ as part of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2021’.
- The portal has been launched by Pradip Kumar Das, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD), IREDA.
- This portal has been developed by the IT team of the IREDA.
- IREDA employees can raise concerns related to fraud, corruption, abuse of power, etc. through this portal.
- The whistle-blower portal is a part of IREDA’s “zero tolerance" campaign against corruption. The latest issue of Vigilance journal ‘Pahal’ was also released by IREDA on this occasion.
Topic: Environment and Ecology
12. UNEP and European Commission have launched an observatory for action against methane emissions.
- The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the European Commission have jointly launched an observatory to reduce emissions of methane gas into the atmosphere.
- The International Methane Emissions Observatory (IMEO) was launched at the G20 Summit by UNEP with support from the European Union.
- IMEO will monitor methane emissions via satellite.
- The IMEO will mainly integrate data from four streams:
- Direct measurement data from scientific studies
- Remote sensing data
- National inventories
- Reporting from the Oil and Gas Methane Partnership 2.0 (OGMP 2.0)
- European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen said in a statement, methane is one of the most dangerous gases for our climate and it is important to reduce methane emissions to keep our climate targets in reach.
- As per the Paris Agreement, limiting global warming to 1.5 °C must go hand-in-hand with the reduction of methane to decarbonize the energy system.
- The objective of launching the observatory is to help improve accuracy and transparency in reporting the amount of methane release into the atmosphere and its impact on global warming.
- The International Methane Emissions Observatory, hosted by UNEP, will operate on a budget of 100 million euros (about $115.6 million) over five years.
Topic: National News
13. ISRO will provide a solar energy calculator application to the world, which can measure the solar power potential of any region.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said at global COP-26 Summit that Indian Space Research Organisation- ISRO will soon provide a solar power calculator application to the world that can measure solar energy potential of any region across the globe.
- Solar power potential of any place in the world can be calculated through this calculator based on satellite data.
- This application will be useful in deciding the location of solar projects and will strengthen 'One Sun, One World and One Grid' initiative, Modi said.
- Solar energy is completely clean and sustainable and the challenge is that this energy is available only during the day and depends on the weather.
- 'One Sun, One World and One Grid' solves this problem and clean energy can be transmitted anywhere and anytime through a worldwide grid.
- Modi said that using fossil fuels has made some countries prosperous, but it has made the earth and environment bad and today technology has given us a great alternative in the form of Solar energy.